Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365238 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2865 on: September 17, 2020, 11:59:13 PM »
The appealing thing for me, but I don't know that the new console matters, is the ever-expanding Game Pass offerings that will soon include EA All Access, and xCloud to play on your phone.

But the new console doesn't have anything to make you run out and buy it AFAIK

Yeah the Xbox launch is confusing as freak

I'll probably preorder one when they go live on Tuesday just to keep my options open, expecting them to announce something/anything to make its console a must purchase

But it looks like it offers even less than Sony, which is next to freaking nothing.

Gamepass is THE reason to play Xbox, so unless the series x is going to get gamepass exlsuives (or if they were wise make games come to the new generation a few months before pc/xbox one) I just don't know why anyone should rush to get a launch title

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2866 on: September 18, 2020, 04:36:40 AM »
I’m fairly certain Xbox wants you to upgrade, but they want you to buy the game pass service more. They don’t seem to much care what system you are playing on.

Don’t wants you to buy their boxes, and preferably the digital ones so they can make all the money off of software sales margins.

I was really surprised to hear HFW is going to function on PS4. That felt like the first big system seller for PS5. Given that I’m not sure there is a big reason to upgrade before spring/summer of next year for either console
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2867 on: September 18, 2020, 06:58:16 AM »
I’m fairly certain Xbox wants you to upgrade, but they want you to buy the game pass service more. They don’t seem to much care what system you are playing on.

Don’t wants you to buy their boxes, and preferably the digital ones so they can make all the money off of software sales margins.

I was really surprised to hear HFW is going to function on PS4. That felt like the first big system seller for PS5. Given that I’m not sure there is a big reason to upgrade before spring/summer of next year for either console

Sony didn't do themselves any favors by also saying demon souls, ff16, and I believe HZW will all be coming to pc as well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2868 on: September 18, 2020, 08:44:17 AM »
It's a very lukewarm launch lineup in terms of PS5 exclusives.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2869 on: September 18, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »
They’re releasing the remake of the 3 N64 Super Mario 3D games on Switch Sept 18th.

Only thing I’ve been playing is Link’s Awakening on Switch but haven’t had time to game lately.

Secured the bag, freak work today
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2870 on: September 18, 2020, 10:03:12 AM »
Crash Bandicoot 4 getting released Oct 2nd

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2871 on: September 18, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »

LFG
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2872 on: September 18, 2020, 10:55:30 AM »

Can’t wait to see how Activision shoe horns pay to win micro-transactions a week after release into this one.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2873 on: September 18, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »
Secured the bag, freak work today

Pretty sure Mario 64 was the only one on Nintendo 64

And not remake. Literally straight up emulators

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2874 on: September 18, 2020, 09:42:01 PM »
Pretty sure Mario 64 was the only one on Nintendo 64

And not remake. Literally straight up emulators

Oh no how will I enjoy a game designed for 9 year olds if it has outdated graphics

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2875 on: September 18, 2020, 10:31:32 PM »
Oh no how will I enjoy a game designed for 9 year olds if it has outdated graphics
Real grown ups play Ghost of Sashimi

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2876 on: September 19, 2020, 01:29:08 AM »

I'm not referring to its outdated graphics. Mario 64 is among the most important video games of all time.

There's remake, and more commonly remaster. This is not even a remaster. It's literally an emulator of n64/GameCube. Which is one of the cheapest shittiest ways to bring back a game.

And is pretty freaking terrible considering you're charging 60$ for a bundle of games that are in the 17-22 years old range. The least they can do is optimize them for modern consoles with a simple remaster.

Instead it would look far more impressive if someone pirated a copy of a game 20 + years ago and ran it on an emulator on their pc, rather than purchase this 60$ release that came out this week.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2877 on: September 19, 2020, 09:45:30 AM »
I'm not referring to its outdated graphics. Mario 64 is among the most important video games of all time.

There's remake, and more commonly remaster. This is not even a remaster. It's literally an emulator of n64/GameCube. Which is one of the cheapest shittiest ways to bring back a game.

And is pretty freaking terrible considering you're charging 60$ for a bundle of games that are in the 17-22 years old range. The least they can do is optimize them for modern consoles with a simple remaster.

Instead it would look far more impressive if someone pirated a copy of a game 20 + years ago and ran it on an emulator on their pc, rather than purchase this 60$ release that came out this week.

You'll just hate anything, won't you?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2878 on: September 19, 2020, 11:48:51 AM »
You'll just hate anything, won't you?

his uncle touched his weiner when he was 6
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2879 on: September 19, 2020, 02:55:37 PM »
his uncle touched his weiner when he was 6

That actually makes a lot of sense
Need a new one for a new board...