Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 364009 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Video Games
« Reply #3120 on: June 16, 2021, 09:43:20 AM »
Curious to see how this stacks up to Outer Worlds.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/06/todd-howard-is-finally-ready-to-share-some-starfield-details/

I enjoyed Outer Worlds (good story, choices felt consequential), but I feel like it's going to be a minor league version of what Bethesda is going to put out just by virtue of studio resources.

Very disappointed its an XBOX/PC exclusive, gaming PC's are getting harder and harder to come by at a decent rate so I'm honestly probably going to get an XBOX at some point next year.

EDIT: Suzerain update...I pissed off the oligarchs of the country to the point they framed me for a crime I didn't commit, impeached me, installed their patsy and had me jailed. Fuckers. Next playthrough I'm just going full dictator. Lesson learned.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 12:54:11 PM by mj2sexay »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3121 on: June 16, 2021, 07:05:42 PM »
I enjoyed Outer Worlds (good story, choices felt consequential), but I feel like it's going to be a minor league version of what Bethesda is going to put out just by virtue of studio resources.

Very disappointed its an XBOX/PC exclusive, gaming PC's are getting harder and harder to come by at a decent rate so I'm honestly probably going to get an XBOX at some point next year.

EDIT: Suzerain update...I pissed off the oligarchs of the country to the point they framed me for a crime I didn't commit, impeached me, installed their patsy and had me jailed. Fuckers. Next playthrough I'm just going full dictator. Lesson learned.

On the flip side with cloud gaming you could theoretically play it on any piece of excrement PC.

Also xbox is legit the king of gaming in America by a huge margin. Gamepass is a behemoth and nobody can do anything to even come close to hold a candle to it.

If anyone's not on the gamepass bandwagon they're probably doing the gaming thing wrong

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3122 on: June 16, 2021, 07:26:58 PM »
Xbox is for incels that have a <1.00 K/D ratio
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3123 on: June 16, 2021, 07:39:35 PM »
On the flip side with cloud gaming you could theoretically play it on any piece of excrement PC.

Also xbox is legit the king of gaming in America by a huge margin. Gamepass is a behemoth and nobody can do anything to even come close to hold a candle to it.

If anyone's not on the gamepass bandwagon they're probably doing the gaming thing wrong

Uh oh, someone's too poor to get a PS5.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3124 on: June 16, 2021, 07:48:15 PM »
Uh oh, someone's too poor to get a PS5.

Yes

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3125 on: June 16, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »
Bethsoft's upcoming titles will probably get me on Game Pass.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3126 on: June 17, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3127 on: July 09, 2021, 10:38:31 AM »
Has anyone played The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on the legacy system? (Wii I think)

I know it had some controversial reviews, mostly on the motion controls, which I think they’re makin optional for this release.

Comes out for Switch next Friday. Is this a cop?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3128 on: July 09, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »
Mario Golf is excellent.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3129 on: July 09, 2021, 10:42:08 AM »
Has anyone played The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on the legacy system? (Wii I think)

I know it had some controversial reviews, mostly on the motion controls, which I think they’re makin optional for this release.

I played it and loved it, but its a YUGE time investment. Much more so then BOTW.

Mario Golf is excellent.

Bought it last weekend but haven't played it yet. It's on my to do list for tomorrow. I love the series but haven't owned one since the n64 outing (which i thought was amaaazing).

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3130 on: July 09, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »

No, I actually skipped it after playing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for GC (on the Wii) because my wiimotes were totally shot and because I had started planning to buy the Switch last year.

So I'm pretty pleased they're releasing it for Switch, I'll probably get it to bridge the gap between BOTWs but I'm not in a rush unless there's a great sale.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3131 on: July 10, 2021, 11:17:21 AM »
Purchased a game on Saturday on a lark as the concept interested me and it was on sale on Steam..

Suzerain is the name of the game, its essentially a text-based/choose your own adventure style sim in which you take over the leadership of a war-torn and tumultuous fictional country in the late 50's.

I love it so far. Basically you inherit a real quagmire in which domestic upheaval is compounded by both an immediate border neighbor clearly ramping up for an invasion on your country while reformists try to change a constitution that features INSANE centralized power in the judiciary. While your party is the majority in parliament, there's a clear schism threatening its future from within, while the oppositions are plentiful in terms of their being centrists, those on the far left and those on the far right. All while attempting to preserve your nations sovereignty against the western and eastern superpowers seeking to expand their foothold globally (think America vs the USSR).

For ten bucks, well well worth it.

If Crusader Kings III wasn't the only game I'm ever going to play for the rest of this year at least, I'd definitely buy Suzerain. It looks fun.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3132 on: July 28, 2021, 09:06:57 AM »
Blizzard entertainment the latest victim of cancel culture RIP

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3133 on: July 28, 2021, 10:15:21 AM »
Blizzard entertainment the latest victim of cancel culture RIP

Good

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3134 on: July 28, 2021, 04:05:30 PM »
A friend of mine worked for Blizzard for a while. freak that whole company.

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-developers-infamous-bill-cosby-suite-1847378762
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.