Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365309 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Video Games
« Reply #3000 on: January 05, 2021, 03:34:50 PM »
I don't think so. The last one left things fairly well wrapped up, at least for Drake.

Hoping they'd just come up with a new story with new characters...aka what The Last of Us 2 should've been
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3001 on: January 05, 2021, 04:14:25 PM »
I played a few hours worth. The tl;dr is: don't buy this game full price.

The larger review:

First and foremost, you need to enjoy puzzle games to enjoy this one. The ads make it look like a lot more action/fighting than actually occurs.

The game is very cartoony. Artistically, it's almost jarring because it doesn't always look like the intent was to be as close to cartoonish as it is. It's reminiscent of Kingdoms of Amalur in art-style, but KoA's art was better.

The dialog is corny. The opening cutscene has you sitting there like "Okay, this isn't the best opening monologue, but it could be worse." It never gets better.

The play controls are...meh? My kids tell me it's like Assassin's Creed in that I'll have to get used to a weird button layout (Ex. RB is the main attack button).

I've played ~4 hours and I've yet to fight what I'd consider a real boss battle. The game is okay, but if I'd have played a demo beforehand, I'd wait till this either came to GamePass or was a cheap on-sale title.
Thanks, I'll stick to BotW

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3002 on: January 05, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »
Hoping they'd just come up with a new story with new characters...aka what The Last of Us 2 should've been

I did a quick google on it and there aren't any plans for it, but it seems like they have said that if they do ever make any more then they will be universe games i.e. no more Drake.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3003 on: January 05, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »
Do we know if there's going to be an Uncharted 5?

I don’t think anyone knows what NDs next big project is. Now that The Last of Us 2 can out this year. I had heard there was a rumor of a Sci-Fi shooter that ND had ideals of making one day. I also heard that perhaps either a Jak and Daxter remake or even next in the Series.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3004 on: January 05, 2021, 04:36:04 PM »
Sci-fi shooter would be cool

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3005 on: January 05, 2021, 04:47:57 PM »
Sci-fi shooter would be cool

My thoughts exactly, Space Nathan Drake or perhaps Malcolm from Firefly would be a kind of bad derriere video game to play

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3006 on: January 12, 2021, 10:54:40 AM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3007 on: January 12, 2021, 11:16:28 AM »
I really expected and wanted to love Spiderman, and really didn't. The swinging mechanics and the combat were both really finicky and irritating. I thought it was going to be the next step on from the Arkham games, and it didn't come close.

Different strokes I suppose, there's definitely a curve but I wound up loving the swinging and wall climbing mechanics. The combat actually kind of reminded me of Arkham, which I absolutely love (even Origins which imho gets undue hate). Gotham Knights looks very cool even if I'm bummed that Batman and Gordon are "dead."

I'm a year late on this one, but I've been playing Control on XB1. I'm not a horror fan, but I really like creepy, and this game is scratching that itch.

I also got Star Wars: Squadrons with the VR on PS5 for Xmas, and Immortals: Fenix Rising, so I can't wait to play those as well.

I have a massive backlog of games right now, especially since Microsoft has had a massive sale in the XB store so I grabbed a bunch of games anywhere from 55-75% off.

How have you liked Squadrons?

I'm definitely down for this.

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770

I am excite.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3008 on: January 12, 2021, 11:16:54 AM »
I'm definitely down for this.

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770

This better not be a shittier version of Uncharted

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3009 on: January 12, 2021, 11:40:28 AM »
This better not be a shittier version of Uncharted

This will most likely be a shittier version of Uncharted.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3010 on: January 12, 2021, 12:06:42 PM »
This will most likely be a shittier version of Uncharted.

I see no way that it isn’t. Literally the whole way through the trailer I was saying to myself this is Uncharted. Then I saw the Lucas Films tag and knew instantly what it was.

Graphically it looks pretty damn impressive for sure

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3011 on: January 12, 2021, 12:12:03 PM »
play pretty much everything under the sun. PC/PS4/Switch , dont really need a next gen console when my PC can outperform them. I'll cave  when PS5's are readily waiting on the shelves though

just started messing around with Baldurs Gate 3. thatll be a gem once its actually finished.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3012 on: January 12, 2021, 12:12:29 PM »
i know its cool to hate madden but im having a blast playing it at 100+ FPS on PC

butter smooth lol

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3013 on: January 12, 2021, 12:14:55 PM »
i know its cool to hate madden but im having a blast playing it at 100+ FPS on PC

butter smooth lol

I can’t wait for next years Madden on PS5. I hear this years is already playing great. But I just can’t justify buying it to fix the Jets and paying nearly full price now that the season is over

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3014 on: January 12, 2021, 12:17:55 PM »
I can’t wait for next years Madden on PS5. I hear this years is already playing great. But I just can’t justify buying it to fix the Jets and paying nearly full price now that the season is over

it honestly goes on sale routinely or you can just play it with EA Play

i use their Origin system on PC and you get all the EA Bioware stuff too.

but even if youre just on console it can be had for like 30 bucks maybe?

I dunno this yr was a step in the right direction, still work to do but it was definitely progress.