Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365316 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2985 on: December 13, 2020, 04:53:50 PM »
Cyberpunk on PC is actually working really well. Some BethSoft level c bugs but I’m enjoying it.

The response to the console version has been less than stellar.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2986 on: December 13, 2020, 05:14:45 PM »
The response to the console version has been less than stellar.

The base console versions are producing some great memes.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2987 on: December 17, 2020, 12:10:23 AM »
Started playing Star Wars Squadrons last night. It's a fun first person space fighter sim/homage to the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series I loved so much as a kid.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2988 on: December 17, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »
Started playing Star Wars Squadrons last night. It's a fun first person space fighter sim/homage to the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series I loved so much as a kid.
I picked up a used copy of Rogue Leader for GameCube earlier in the year and I regret not getting further into it before we migrate to Switch on Christmas. To his credit my son can complete 1/3 of the first level on his own but has to hand the controller over to get through the rest of it.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2989 on: December 18, 2020, 03:37:04 PM »
I picked up a used copy of Rogue Leader for GameCube earlier in the year and I regret not getting further into it before we migrate to Switch on Christmas. To his credit my son can complete 1/3 of the first level on his own but has to hand the controller over to get through the rest of it.

GREAT GAME.

;D that's pretty damn impressive considering the absolute barrage of firepower you're dropped into. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2990 on: December 18, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »
GREAT GAME.

;D that's pretty damn impressive considering the absolute barrage of firepower you're dropped into.
His biggest problem is crashing into the towers on the Death Star, but once he gets past it then it's my turn to take out the TIEs and do the trench run.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2991 on: January 02, 2021, 05:02:21 PM »
I got a gamestop gift card and had a shitload of leftover points I didn't even know I had so I caved and picked up Spiderman: Miles Morales.

Except I got the edition where you get the ps4 Spidey remastered for PS5 and that's all I've been playing. A definite facelift on what for me was the best single player experience on the PS4.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2992 on: January 02, 2021, 05:45:07 PM »
I got a gamestop gift card and had a shitload of leftover points I didn't even know I had so I caved and picked up Spiderman: Miles Morales.

Except I got the edition where you get the ps4 Spidey remastered for PS5 and that's all I've been playing. A definite facelift on what for me was the best single player experience on the PS4.

I really expected and wanted to love Spiderman, and really didn't. The swinging mechanics and the combat were both really finicky and irritating. I thought it was going to be the next step on from the Arkham games, and it didn't come close.

I did finally unwrap and start Assassin's Creed: Odyssey a few days ago though, and after not having really enjoyed the previous AC games I tried this is a whole huge leap forward. Not sure it's a reboot, but it's a massive improvement from the older games.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2993 on: January 04, 2021, 09:07:53 AM »
I'm a year late on this one, but I've been playing Control on XB1. I'm not a horror fan, but I really like creepy, and this game is scratching that itch.

I also got Star Wars: Squadrons with the VR on PS5 for Xmas, and Immortals: Fenix Rising, so I can't wait to play those as well.

I have a massive backlog of games right now, especially since Microsoft has had a massive sale in the XB store so I grabbed a bunch of games anywhere from 55-75% off.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2994 on: January 04, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »
I'm a year late on this one, but I've been playing Control on XB1. I'm not a horror fan, but I really like creepy, and this game is scratching that itch.

I also got Star Wars: Squadrons with the VR on PS5 for Xmas, and Immortals: Fenix Rising, so I can't wait to play those as well.

I have a massive backlog of games right now, especially since Microsoft has had a massive sale in the XB store so I grabbed a bunch of games anywhere from 55-75% off.
Curious to see how Fenix Rising is, I was surprised by what seemed like an early price drop.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2995 on: January 04, 2021, 09:28:01 AM »
Curious to see how Fenix Rising is, I was surprised by what seemed like an early price drop.

I haven’t been very enthused with it based on the commercials but I also haven’t read up on it at all.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2996 on: January 05, 2021, 02:26:51 PM »

I played a few hours worth. The tl;dr is: don't buy this game full price.

The larger review:

First and foremost, you need to enjoy puzzle games to enjoy this one. The ads make it look like a lot more action/fighting than actually occurs.

The game is very cartoony. Artistically, it's almost jarring because it doesn't always look like the intent was to be as close to cartoonish as it is. It's reminiscent of Kingdoms of Amalur in art-style, but KoA's art was better.

The dialog is corny. The opening cutscene has you sitting there like "Okay, this isn't the best opening monologue, but it could be worse." It never gets better.

The play controls are...meh? My kids tell me it's like Assassin's Creed in that I'll have to get used to a weird button layout (Ex. RB is the main attack button).

I've played ~4 hours and I've yet to fight what I'd consider a real boss battle. The game is okay, but if I'd have played a demo beforehand, I'd wait till this either came to GamePass or was a cheap on-sale title.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2997 on: January 05, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »
It looks like the Nickolodeon version of God Of War.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2998 on: January 05, 2021, 03:17:53 PM »
Do we know if there's going to be an Uncharted 5?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2999 on: January 05, 2021, 03:28:33 PM »
Do we know if there's going to be an Uncharted 5?

I don't think so. The last one left things fairly well wrapped up, at least for Drake.

There was a spin off with the two girls which was quite good.