Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 364818 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2565 on: October 30, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »
I got about three hours into RDR and already know I'm going to hate it. Going to trade it in for something else this weekend.

LOSS
U
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2566 on: October 30, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »
LOSS
U

You're not wrong. I paid $60 for it and will likely only get $20 back for it. Wish I'd listened to the people who told me it was slow and tedious.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2567 on: October 30, 2019, 06:38:23 PM »
I got about three hours into RDR and already know I'm going to hate it. Going to trade it in for something else this weekend.
Same issue it’s incredibly boring

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2568 on: October 30, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »
excrement

I could hunt for the legendary animals in RDR2 for hours

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2569 on: December 02, 2019, 01:27:34 PM »
Playstation 5 comes out next fall.  Plan accordingly.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2570 on: December 04, 2019, 11:31:32 PM »
Playstation 5 comes out next fall.  Plan accordingly.

This might be the first time I sit on the sidelines and wait.

If sounds like there's going to be a heavy influence on game makers having games come out on new and old systems.

Not to mention I'd hate to buy a new game console before next generation TVs come out

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2571 on: December 05, 2019, 04:50:31 AM »
This might be the first time I sit on the sidelines and wait.

If sounds like there's going to be a heavy influence on game makers having games come out on new and old systems.

Not to mention I'd hate to buy a new game console before next generation TVs come out
if you wait for the tv to come out and then be affordable it’s going to be quite awhile.

To me the emphasis on backwards compatibility makes this generation even more appealing. I can trade in my PS4 while it’s still worth something and still be able to play all of my games. Hell I still have my PS3 because I still used it for years after getting a PS4 because I just didn’t have that many PS4 games to play. This generation that problem will be solved
Need a new one for a new board...

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2572 on: December 05, 2019, 09:19:52 AM »
if you wait for the tv to come out and then be affordable it’s going to be quite awhile.

To me the emphasis on backwards compatibility makes this generation even more appealing. I can trade in my PS4 while it’s still worth something and still be able to play all of my games. Hell I still have my PS3 because I still used it for years after getting a PS4 because I just didn’t have that many PS4 games to play. This generation that problem will be solved

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but depending on how much they're offering in trade in value (I compare Gamestop to the shopkeeper in The Force Awakens that offers Rey "one half portion" for all of her goods), i might just keep it as a blu ray player/stream provider to put in the guest room or hook up to the second tv in the basement.

Very excited for PS5. Apparently the rumors are flying that GTA6 will be a launch title and that Spider-Man 2 will be released sometime in 2021.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2573 on: December 05, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »
I was thinking about doing the same thing, but depending on how much they're offering in trade in value (I compare Gamestop to the shopkeeper in The Force Awakens that offers Rey "one half portion" for all of her goods), i might just keep it as a blu ray player/stream provider to put in the guest room or hook up to the second tv in the basement.

Very excited for PS5. Apparently the rumors are flying that GTA6 will be a launch title and that Spider-Man 2 will be released sometime in 2021.

I’ve heard that as well about GtA. Also Gorilla Games is working on a new title (probably Horizon 2) that I heard could be a launch title. Then you have your next gen sports games, and God of War 2 is set to be in the works possibly as an early 2021 game.

It’s going to be awesome. But you are right GameStop doesn’t offer excrement for trades, and considering mine is an original PS4 not a slim or a pro, I imagine it won’t be worth much. But I’m hoping they offer incentives to trade for upgraded next gen hardware. Although I probably won’t buy a PS5 from GameStop I’d rather go amazon, should be the safer route. And way less hectic then picking it up on launch day. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2574 on: December 05, 2019, 11:31:03 AM »
I've no interest in GTA or Spiderman, but Horizon 2 would 100% be the catalyst for me buying a new console. Still my favourite game ever.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2575 on: December 05, 2019, 02:18:49 PM »

The emphasis on remote streaming providers (ie stadia) and everyone making their games playable on pc (Xbox and Playstation) makes me think it hesitates caution to be an early adopter of next Gen consoles

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2576 on: December 05, 2019, 03:40:07 PM »
The emphasis on remote streaming providers (ie stadia) and everyone making their games playable on pc (Xbox and Playstation) makes me think it hesitates caution to be an early adopter of next Gen consoles

If you aren’t interested in the games, or can play them on a great PC that makes sense. For the rest of us who don’t game on PC who want those games, it’s upgrading time

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2577 on: December 05, 2019, 04:48:54 PM »
If you aren’t interested in the games, or can play them on a great PC that makes sense. For the rest of us who don’t game on PC who want those games, it’s upgrading time

Could always play them on a ps4.

I don't forsee there being any Playstation 5 exclusives for the first year.

And unless you have a 4k 120+ hz HDR TV 60+ inches with a Dolby Atmos surround system, I don't think there will be much of a difference.

Hell look at the ps4 pro and Xbox one X side by side with the originals. You're not noticing much of a difference especially if you don't have high end entertainment systems

That said I guess it depends on how good of a trade in deal you can get on the old one and how much the new one is.

If you're talking a 400+ dollar swing, I think waiting is prudent
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 05:29:23 PM by dcm1602 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2578 on: December 06, 2019, 11:44:01 AM »
I've no interest in GTA or Spiderman, but Horizon 2 would 100% be the catalyst for me buying a new console. Still my favourite game ever.

Has that been announced?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2579 on: December 06, 2019, 11:47:51 AM »
Has that been announced?
Not yet, but I saw something about one of the voice actors letting it slip.