Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365201 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2535 on: September 19, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »
That's awesome - I built a PC for retro-gaming - GameCube and Wii emulate really well. I've been playing old games with my kids too - mostly smash and mario kart.
I tried Melee and Brawl with them but they aren't quite ready yet.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2536 on: September 19, 2019, 09:32:47 PM »
That's awesome - I built a PC for retro-gaming - GameCube and Wii emulate really well. I've been playing old games with my kids too - mostly smash and mario kart.

Switch adding SNES games for free is pretty awesome if you are into a more authentic ish retro gaming experience. Though there's only like 20 games for free atm

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2537 on: September 24, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »
New trailer for The Last Of Us: Part II, plus confirmed release date of Feb 21st.

Looks predictably awesome.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2538 on: September 24, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »
New trailer for The Last Of Us: Part II, plus confirmed release date of Feb 21st.

Looks predictably awesome.

Going to be freaking awesome. I’m pretty sure virtually every Naughty Dog game I have loved. Heck their characters/series has virtually all of my favorites, Last of Us, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter....

They are truly a phenomenal studio. Until they produce a game that doesn’t immediately become one of my favorites, every single one of their games is a “must buy” for me
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2539 on: September 24, 2019, 09:46:16 PM »
Started the Resident Evil 2 remake this evening, they've done a really good job. The only thing I miss about the original is that this one doesn't have the creepy voice saying "Resident..... eeeeeeeeeeevil" at the beginning.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2540 on: October 02, 2019, 03:33:51 PM »
With the basement almost finished, I'm going to mod the classic minis I picked up (NES, Genesis, SuperNES). I don't need them to play 800 games, but they're missing some stuff I'd like to be able to pull up. As much as I like the genesis mini so far, how do you not have BattleToads/Double Dragon and the like.

Also, just picked up and built two Arcade1Up machines. Honestly for the price...these are pretty frickin sweet. Got SF2 and Mortal Kombat (Costco bundle for the MK machine included a light up marquee, custom riser and stool).  Waiting to see if they announce any new releases at ComicCon, and if one of those will happen to be a WWE cabinet, otherwise I'm going to pick up the TNMT cabinet they just came out with, re-design the outside to look like the old WWF Superstars cabinet and mod it with a retropie to play the old classics like Simpsons, Sunset Riders X-Men, NBA Jam, and of course Superstars/Wrestlefest.

Are they the authentic machines? Of course not given the price point, but they seem to be built well, and they look cool as excrement. Plus the 9 year old in me is going insane that I'm going to have essentially a mini-arcade in the basement.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2541 on: October 18, 2019, 09:09:52 AM »
What's everyone playing these days? I've been waiting with anticipation for Outer Worlds and been super busy at work so aside from Madden I haven't been on the sticks as nearly as often as I'd like.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2542 on: October 18, 2019, 10:07:12 AM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2543 on: October 18, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »
Just saw this now, wow that dude is a freaking moron or bundle of sticks or both.
Pot calling kettle

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2544 on: October 18, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »
What's everyone playing these days? I've been waiting with anticipation for Outer Worlds and been super busy at work so aside from Madden I haven't been on the sticks as nearly as often as I'd like.
I’m still a Rocket League degenerate

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2545 on: October 18, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »

I just spent some time playing through the RE2 remake which was actually really good, right up to the point where I got to the final boss fight with Tyrant and couldn't beat him because I'm crap at games, so I rage quit and haven't quite calmed down about it enough to go back and have another go.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2546 on: October 18, 2019, 01:59:28 PM »
I’m still a Rocket League degenerate

I bought the custom Macho Man/Ultimate Warrior truck because it looks great and that game is addicting as excrement. Definitely a game you want to play with other friends though as opposed to randos in a lobby.

I just spent some time playing through the RE2 remake which was actually really good, right up to the point where I got to the final boss fight with Tyrant and couldn't beat him because I'm crap at games, so I rage quit and haven't quite calmed down about it enough to go back and have another go.

Oh my God I remember that! That boss battle is insanely hard.

I can't wait until Outer Worlds comes out next week. I've been looking to immerse myself in a first person RPG and it seems like its right up my alley.

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #2547 on: October 19, 2019, 09:01:06 AM »

Nothing. I'm still 50% of the way through Zelda, Breath of the Wild.

I had to drop my Madden league since I just don't have the time.

Yet I'm still getting COD-MW this Friday. I'll probably play it sporadically for a few weeks and not get my $60 worth at all.

I have been playing a little bit of Mario Kart on the switch. My son has been talking mad excrement about my MK driving skills, so I had to put him in his place.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2548 on: October 19, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »

NHL 20

COD Modern Warfare next Friday.

Want to get a new Switch game, has anyone played Link’s Awakening?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2549 on: October 19, 2019, 09:10:32 AM »
Nothing. I'm still 50% of the way through Zelda, Breath of the Wild.

I had to drop my Madden league since I just don't have the time.

Yet I'm still getting COD-MW this Friday. I'll probably play it sporadically for a few weeks and not get my $60 worth at all.

I have been playing a little bit of Mario Kart on the switch. My son has been talking mad excrement about my MK driving skills, so I had to put him in his place.

I’ve never lost a Mario cart race to the pizza. We don’t play Mario kart that much anymore
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about