Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365176 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2520 on: October 31, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »
While we're reminiscing about old games, Tie Fighter for DOS, FTW.

Also, the playstation classics list of games on the machine at launch is total dogshit. Why would people want Twisted Metal and not the much more superior Twisted Metal 2?!?!

i lived on Tie Fighter and Scorched Earth through junior high.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2521 on: October 31, 2018, 12:39:44 PM »
I bought it (on Steam or GOG, can't remember), I just haven't installed it, but my favorite "old-school" PC game is Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2522 on: March 24, 2019, 05:10:19 AM »
MLB The Show comes out Tuesday. Diamond Dynasty is the only Ultimate Team mode I'll play, and this years legend list is absolutely stacked. Here's to wasting away hours of free time trying to grind for that diamond tier Ricky Henderson!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2523 on: March 24, 2019, 07:07:50 AM »
Don’t think I mentioned it in here but got a Switch for me an the pizza on Black Friday. Mario Kart and Mario Party are cool. Super Smash Bros is great.

Zelda: Breath of The Wild is one of the best games I’ve ever played. Just beat it the other day, a great game all the way through.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #2524 on: March 24, 2019, 09:51:28 AM »
Don’t think I mentioned it in here but got a Switch for me an the pizza on Black Friday. Mario Kart and Mario Party are cool. Super Smash Bros is great.

Zelda: Breath of The Wild is one of the best games I’ve ever played. Just beat it the other day, a great game all the way through.

Yes, yes, yes, and hell yes.

Smash is addictive and fun for pretty much every age. My kid even enjoys playing it with me.

Zelda, while my favorite game of all time, is absolutely brutal to play with limited time. It's such a massive game and every time I get the urge to play, I ultimately decide it's not worth it since I forgot where I left off and the time I'd put in wouldn't even put a dent in the game. I've had the game since Summer 2017, and I'm maybe half way through it.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2525 on: March 24, 2019, 11:16:49 AM »

Gotta agree with Klax on all accounts. All fun games, Smash and Kart being so much fun online.

Zelda is still the best game on the system and IMHO the best game of 2017, but I love the system itself. Something great about being able to lay in bed or drop a deuce while playing Skyrim or L.A. Noire.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2526 on: March 24, 2019, 02:28:54 PM »
man ive been wanting to get a switch for awhile, might get one for the kids birthday in june.

i want to play zelda so bad, but i know it'll end up like klax. i have barely any free time and i never get invested in long games anymore. i havent even bought red dead 2 =/

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2527 on: August 15, 2019, 06:08:38 PM »
Just beat the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and it’s pretty much the proudest accomplishment of my life

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2528 on: September 18, 2019, 09:56:04 AM »
What’s the deal with Zelda: Links Awakening? Never played the original.

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I’ve ever played. This game looks a lot different and I don’t think the gameplay is the same open world style. Worth $60 for Switch?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2529 on: September 18, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
Speaking of Zelda I've been picking up old GameCube games to show my kids. We're currently working through Wind Waker and I just ordered Twilight Princess.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2530 on: September 18, 2019, 10:12:25 AM »
I finally got round to restarting and this time finishing Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. Excellent addition to the series.

Will probably have another go at getting into Spiderman next, if that doesn't work I'll go buy the RE2 remake.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2531 on: September 18, 2019, 10:16:18 AM »
What’s the deal with Zelda: Links Awakening? Never played the original.

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I’ve ever played. This game looks a lot different and I don’t think the gameplay is the same open world style. Worth $60 for Switch?

Never played it either but this is a Gameboy game they remade identically, just with a modern engine and graphics (it's not a remaster but a 1:1 remake)

It looks like a lot of fun but it's going to have old derriere mechanics. And supposedly it's super short, like 10 hours.

This has nothing in common with botw

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #2532 on: September 18, 2019, 04:58:56 PM »
if that doesn't work I'll go buy the RE2 remake.

I gave it up because being constantly chased by Mr. X was giving me agita.

Spiderman was fun though.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #2533 on: September 19, 2019, 08:08:19 AM »
Speaking of Zelda I've been picking up old GameCube games to show my kids. We're currently working through Wind Waker and I just ordered Twilight Princess.

That's awesome - I built a PC for retro-gaming - GameCube and Wii emulate really well. I've been playing old games with my kids too - mostly smash and mario kart.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2534 on: September 19, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »
COD Modern Warfare open Beta goes live today. Free to DL and runs through the weekend if anyone wants to blast some noobs with me. As far as I can tell the beta is cross platform