Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 364731 times)

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Video Games
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:03:05 PM »
that GTA V thread died last week so im making a new one .

Waiting to be billed from Amazon for my PS4. I have NBA2k sitting at home and im picking up Madden and Battlefield 4 tomorrow.

Friday will be a nostalgic time warp back to the days when i could zone out on games lol

OH AND I PRESENT TO YOU THE FIRST OFFICAL GAMEPLAY OF SOUTH PARK STICK OF TRUTH.

im amped for this, the battle system looks like Paper Mario, and the game itself literally looks like being in an interactive south park movie.

considering theres multiple character choices for designing your kid and two factions to choose from (Kyle or Cartman) i expect this to have some decent replay value too

it got pushed back in DEC of 12 due to the publisher (THQ) going bankrupt. so Ubisoft bought the IP and it was due out DEC 12 this year. pushed back to March again.

im not worried simply because i saw an interview with Matt Stone and Trey Parker basically saying theyve been writing and directing this game for the last four years and will not release it till it is perfect. so im wiling to wait to get a great RPG thats south park themed lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR3kK6So4DY
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:02:05 PM by Badger »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Video Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »
Amazon has buy 2 get one free on ps4 launch titles, so you might wanna bite at that if you're getting madden and bf4

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
Amazon has buy 2 get one free on ps4 launch titles, so you might wanna bite at that if you're getting madden and bf4

yeah but Amazon has had alot of people calling to cancel orders befoere the offer and trying to manipulate their system. Ive been reading about it all over GameFaqs

also Amazon is out of NBA2k some people have estimated del dates of DEC 12th -22nd for that game. its originally a Target offer that Amazon decided to match.but Target isnt releasing all the games on their actual street date. theyre going by the PS4 release date. and Amazon has had some people getting late ship dates for game selections. so i beat the wait and crowds by using GameStop.

i traded in my 360 and 360 games when GTA V came out. i also recieved a 50 dollar visa gift card.

so between the gift card and my trade in credit for my 360 and its games?

-25 down on Collectors Edition of the South Park game
-GTA V for PS3
-Madden on PS4
-NBA2k on PS4
-Battlefield 4 on PS4
-Pre-ordered Destiny on PS4 and got an access code for the beta starting in early 2014
-and some other cheap games/ pre orders i dont remember

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »
if anyone is getting a ps4 lemme know so we can link up online.

oh and get Battlefield 4  so i have someone to head into those 64 player battles with

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »
people can hate on Madden all they want, i held off on it this year only for PS4. from what ive seen this  looks like a step in the right direction and not like the abortion that the first next gen Madden was when 360 and PS3 came out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rupWAOvF0

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 02:22:01 PM »
oh youtube also has compression restrictions on videos resolution so every game video youve ever seen on youtube looks better in  person

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »
I'll post in here about this. I just started playing Batman: Arkham Origins. It's much the same as Arkham City, but feels more polished. I'm still early in the main storyline because I've been off doing side missions, which unlike in Arkham City actually feel like you're not just wasting your time on filler.

The only thing that annoys me is that I paid for the Season Pass which includes a bunch of additional skins but you can't use any of them until you do a full runthrough of the game first. I hate that. I don't like when games require me to play another time just to experience everything. I also hate when a game won't give you a full experience playing on easy (which this game requires too). I paid for it, let me play it the way I want.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
battlefield 4 on ps4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn4YmdH1fVc

ive seen a ton of actual in game multiplayer footage. it looks about as good as a mid level PC gaming rig. which is impressive considering the ps4 price point

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »
I'm getting a ps4, but letting my rents give it to me for Christmas. Not exactly thrilled with the exclusive launch titles and I'm getting an xbox 1 so figured might as well wait on the ps4 anyway

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
I'm getting a ps4, but letting my rents give it to me for Christmas. Not exactly thrilled with the exclusive launch titles and I'm getting an xbox 1 so figured might as well wait on the ps4 anyway

waiting is definitely understandable.

my disposable income is limited so i decided to make sure i just bought a ps4 when i had the money.

mostly because  between march and jun the quality next gen titles start dropping and id rather have my ps4 waiting for me instead of scrambling to pay for a system and a new game come 1st qtr next yr

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
I wanted to wait for Newegg to carry both systems so I could avoid tax (about 100 bucks between both ) but their inventories are usually limited for that kinda thing, and with the holiday season could really take a while. And im just not that Patient

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »
I wanted to wait for Newegg to carry both systems so I could avoid tax (about 100 bucks between both ) but their inventories are usually limited for that kinda thing, and with the holiday season could really take a while. And im just not that Patient

one of the few good things about living in FL is no tax on amazon.

i think thats about to change though since Amazon is building two distribution centers in my county

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
Just so all you vidya gamers know, we've got an Amazon banner coming to the site soon. So if there's something you have your eye on and you're willing to wait a couple days to order it...

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:10 PM »
Just so all you vidya gamers know, we've got an Amazon banner coming to the site soon. So if there's something you have your eye on and you're willing to wait a couple days to order it...

nice, youll have to remind me again in DEC when i start making purchases again lol im pretty sure i ordered my PS4 through amazon link but that was with YDKF

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »

I preordered two systems and games through the old link, which we'll of course never see now.