Author Topic: Amaro placed on season-ending IR, requires surgery for torn labrum  (Read 8916 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Amaro placed on season-ending IR, requires surgery for torn labrum
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »
Smith? He had an injury and it wasn't a massive one.

Understood, but again no production from a 2nd round pick going into the year, very possibly all year.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 03:13:15 PM »
Understood, but again no production from a 2nd round pick going into the year, very possibly all year.

He's a 2nd round WR, no one is expecting production right away it's one of the more difficult positions to learn.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 03:17:01 PM »
It's not just from 30 years back. It starts 30 years back and takes us right up through Geno, Simple Jace and now Devin Smith.

an injury automatically makes a player a shitty draft pick?

ok
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 03:17:10 PM »
IS is right in terms of this team having a pretty poor draft record. Can anyone really dispute that? As for the "so what" of it, it obviously doesn't dictate any future results, but it tells a good story about why this team has struggled so often--and I'm assuming that is more his point.

Tannenbaum, Rex, and Idzik all lost their jobs for the same reason: this team failed to both draft and cultivate a franchise QB--despite multiple attempts.

Killing Tanny over the cap situation is tired and wrong though. We were in "cap hell" for a couple of years, but only because we had "our window" to win. He spent every available penny to put a team on the field that could go all the way, and it came close to working. Then the window shut and the bill had to be paid. Still, it was a structure designed to be overhauled in one offseason. Unfortunately for Tannenbaum, Woody took it out of his hands and gave it to Idzik.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 03:23:45 PM »
IS is right in terms of this team having a pretty poor draft record. Can anyone really dispute that? As for the "so what" of it, it obviously doesn't dictate any future results, but it tells a good story about why this team has struggled so often--and I'm assuming that is more his point.

Tannenbaum, Rex, and Idzik all lost their jobs for the same reason: this team failed to both draft and cultivate a franchise QB--despite multiple attempts.

Killing Tanny over the cap situation is tired and wrong though. We were in "cap hell" for a couple of years, but only because we had "our window" to win. He spent every available penny to put a team on the field that could go all the way, and it came close to working. Then the window shut and the bill had to be paid. Still, it was a structure designed to be overhauled in one offseason. Unfortunately for Tannenbaum, Woody took it out of his hands and gave it to Idzik.

Good GMs can manage the cap, and build through the draft.  ie Ted Thompson

Tanny did neither.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
He's a 2nd round WR, no one is expecting production right away it's one of the more difficult positions to learn.

No, it's one of the easier ones to learn. And why shouldn't we expect production from a 2nd round pick when we're in the top ten in the draft order? It seemed like a huge bonus last year when Jace caught a few balls, but your second round pick is supposed to contribute something.

an injury automatically makes a player a shitty draft pick?

ok

Not what I said. But he certainly fits that long list as of now, and I don't see him contributing much this year either.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »
Still, it was a structure designed to be overhauled in one offseason. Unfortunately for Tannenbaum, Woody took it out of his hands and gave it to Idzik.

Unfortunately for everyone associated with the team.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »
No, it's one of the easier ones to learn. And why shouldn't we expect production from a 2nd round pick when we're in the top ten in the draft order? It seemed like a huge bonus last year when Jace caught a few balls, but your second round pick is supposed to contribute something.

Not what I said. But he certainly fits that long list as of now, and I don't see him contributing much this year either.

No it's not, historically it's the most difficult behind QB to learn. LB or RB is an order of magnitude easier.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
No it's not, historically it's the most difficult behind QB to learn. LB or RB is an order of magnitude easier.

Yeah, it took Odell Beckham days to become a contributor.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 03:26:46 PM »

Amaro tore his labrum, IS.  Of course he isn't going to contribute this year.  It's a little early to write his career off.

Adding Devin Smith to your statement isn't even worth addressing.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »

Yeah Anquan Boldin, AJ Green, big freaking deal, super stars. Look at all the rest that needed 2-3-4 years, you know everyone else.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 03:27:34 PM »

Odell Beckham also didn't have Rex ruining the offense he was in.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 03:31:47 PM »
Amaro tore his labrum, IS.  Of course he isn't going to contribute this year.  It's a little early to write his career off.

Adding Devin Smith to your statement isn't even worth addressing.

I objectively listed all our second rounders since 1980 and how they did. Sorry if Jace and Devin are on that list and are both going to contribute nothing this year, don't kill the messenger. Jace didn't do a whole lot last year when he was healthy and we could have used all the help we could get.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 03:34:29 PM »
I objectively listed all our second rounders since 1980 and how they did. Sorry if Jace and Devin are on that list and are both going to contribute nothing this year, don't kill the messenger. Jace didn't do a whole lot last year when he was healthy and we could have used all the help we could get.

what the freak?!

Devin Smith is not IR'd, why wouldn't he contribute? 

Rex benched Amaro last year because he has a hard-on for vet players (Cumberland) and doesn't know the first thing about running an offense.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »
what the freak?!

Devin Smith is not IR'd, why wouldn't he contribute? 

Rex benched Amaro last year because he has a hard-on for vet players (Cumberland) and doesn't know the first thing about running an offense.

Easy to blame Rex for everything but he's in Buffalo now and we're going to get less from Jace this year than last. Devin Smith has practiced one day and since WR is apparently like learning trigonometry it doesn't look like he'll be on the field in front of Marshall and Decker barring injury.

Tags: