Author Topic: Soccer  (Read 77904 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: Soccer
« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2021, 10:36:08 PM »
Mbappe headed to Real, too. One of the most absurd transfer windows ever. The juxtaposition of the oil money being tossed around this summer and the Qatar slave-labor World Cup next summer is already feeling pretty fun as well.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2021, 11:56:00 AM »
Ronaldo to Man U. Finishing his career where it all started.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2021, 12:04:11 PM »
Ronaldo to Man U. Finishing his career where it all started.

Cristiano Ronaldo is in the Glazers box, and Cristiano Ronaldo is coming back! Oh my good Oh my goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things, of all the dramatic things I've ever seen, Cristiano Ronaldo standing right in Joel Glazer's box, announcing he is back. Cristiano Ronaldo is a Red Devil!!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2021, 03:59:32 PM »
Isn't he the same flopper who once worked out at One Jets Drive prepping for a friendly vs. the USMNT?

https://www.alamy.com/cristiano-ronaldo-l-of-portugals-national-team-runs-laps-past-an-nfl-goal-post-with-teammates-beto-2nd-l-raul-meireles-3rd-l-and-a-coach-as-they-practice-for-their-upcoming-friendly-soccer-matches-in-the-united-states-at-the-nfl-new-york-jets-practice-facility-in-florham-park-new-jersey-june-3-2014-reutersray-stubblebine-united-states-tags-sport-soccer-world-cup-image378991144.html

#soccerblows   : )

He's a flopper in the same sense that Lebron or CP3 are floppers. Yes, they're not afraid of a bit of melodrama, but the through the roof skill and ability to dominate a game are what define them as athletes.

I'm sorry that soccer is too subtle and artful for your crude American tastes. Thankfully some of your countrymen are rather more discerning.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #500 on: August 27, 2021, 04:26:23 PM »
He's a flopper in the same sense that Lebron or CP3 are floppers. Yes, they're not afraid of a bit of melodrama, but the through the roof skill and ability to dominate a game are what define them as athletes.

I'm sorry that soccer is too subtle and artful for your crude American tastes. Thankfully some of your countrymen are rather more discerning.

Oh bite me Georgie Best.  Granted I know as much about soccer as you do women : ) but fwiw to this day I can clearly recall our 'Lusitanian' vs. Germany (2014 WC--I did have to look up the date) doing a front layout-turned-pike position...degree of difficulty 3.75....just before halftime iirc.....and then they showed the replay in slo-mo....lmao!!!  The Teutonic defender's foot didn't come within 6 in. of tripping Ronaldo.   Skills?  Was never in question.  My crude American take?   He's a proper flopper.   

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #501 on: August 27, 2021, 04:31:07 PM »
lebron is the GOAT flop artist. i have literally never seen an athlete show the pageantry lebron displayed when he flopped and embellished an injury, got up off the floor, and then died again at the spot other players were arguing to bring the attention back to himself. you literally cannot top that, absolutely next level

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #502 on: August 27, 2021, 04:33:39 PM »
lebron is the GOAT flop artist. i have literally never seen an athlete show the pageantry lebron displayed when he flopped and embellished an injury, got up off the floor, and then died again at the spot other players were arguing to bring the attention back to himself. you literally cannot top that, absolutely next level

My favourite of all time is Rivaldo. Next level commitment to the artform, and on the world's biggest stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiW0IPrv1Ro&ab_channel=Dunkmaster3333

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #503 on: August 27, 2021, 04:46:37 PM »
My favourite of all time is Rivaldo. Next level commitment to the artform, and on the world's biggest stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiW0IPrv1Ro&ab_channel=Dunkmaster3333

i watched most of the 02 world cup yet i dont remember that lmao

homie was an amazing player. i often feel like rivaldo and romario are the forgotten brazilian names of that generation due to the likes of the oncoming ronaldo, ronaldinho, kaka etc overshadowing them

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #504 on: August 27, 2021, 04:52:58 PM »
i watched most of the 02 world cup yet i dont remember that lmao

homie was an amazing player. i often feel like rivaldo and romario are the forgotten brazilian names of that generation due to the likes of the oncoming ronaldo, ronaldinho, kaka etc overshadowing them

That squad was insane. Even the defenders were lethal going forwards - Cafu and Roberto Carlos pretty much redefined full back play.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #505 on: August 28, 2021, 02:36:58 PM »
Dedicated to all things 'soccer'

My Pal Foot Foot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY&t=1s

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #506 on: August 28, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »
arsenal is in an absolute shambolic state. legitimately relegation level with this squad/manager, and they've spent a ton on this squad

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #507 on: September 05, 2021, 09:11:20 PM »
Disgraceful crowd just booing for whatever the reason. No chanting, no real support. Just booing.

Dest’s injury was a game changer. Yedlin was getting abused by Davies and Brooks is garbage, he had an awful game. Behrhalter has to make some earlier changes than he did. This team, I know they’re missing Reyna and I don’t know what McKinnie did, but you still have to get 3 points tonight.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #508 on: September 05, 2021, 09:12:49 PM »
Disgraceful crowd just booing for whatever the reason. No chanting, no real support. Just booing.

Dest’s injury was a game changer. Yedlin was getting abused by Davies and Brooks is garbage, he had an awful game. Behrhalter has to make some earlier changes than he did. This team, I know they’re missing Reyna and I don’t know what McKinnie did, but you still have to get 3 points tonight.

Canada aren't the pushover they were even 3 years ago, they've got some very decent players and Herdman is doing an excellent job.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #509 on: September 05, 2021, 09:16:33 PM »
Canada aren't the pushover they were even 3 years ago, they've got some very decent players and Herdman is doing an excellent job.
Oh, I know Canada’s a good team, this isn’t a pushover, but you need to get the full 3 at home tonight. No excuses.

I should add, Canada was unquestionably the better team after the Aronson goal.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 09:20:49 PM by guinness77 »

Tags: