Author Topic: Soccer  (Read 77809 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: Soccer
« Reply #375 on: June 18, 2019, 10:08:20 PM »
Great to see Michael Bradley still sucks.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2019, 06:52:08 AM »
Great to see Michael Bradley still sucks.

Made a nice pass to set up a goal.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2019, 08:07:32 AM »
Made a nice pass to set up a goal.
Gave the ball away repeatedly and got ran past on defense more than a few times. Against Guyana. Guy is a liability. The goal that was scored was more about the excellent strike from Boyd.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2019, 11:23:39 AM »
That bald piece of garbage shouldn’t be on this team anymore
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »
THIS

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2019, 11:39:52 AM »

You're a baldist.

I was surprised he's still playing, Altidore too.  Don't follow the game that closely these days.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2019, 11:43:02 AM »
You're a baldist.

I was surprised he's still playing, Altidore too.  Don't follow the game that closely these days.
Honestly, I’ve never been much of a fan of Altidore either. He bullies up on the excrement clubs and doesn’t do dick against any teams of quality. I’m encouraged by Boyd, but it does worry me that this team doesn’t have a clear cut 10. Pulisic, on the other hand, is the perfect 9, and he just gets better and better.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #382 on: June 20, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »
I love how much you lot hate those two and those two alone for the capitulation against Trinidad & Tobago, conveniently forgetting that Bradley was a huge part of the 2010 and 2014 World Cup teams and Altidore is the third highest scorer in USMNT history with a better GTG ratio than anyone else in the top ten bar Dempsey. At club level they were 2 of the 3 key players in one of the best teams in MLS over the last five years.

I could understand you not liking Klinsmann, but the hatred for Bradley and Altidore makes no sense to me.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #383 on: June 20, 2019, 04:49:24 PM »
I love how much you lot hate those two and those two alone for the capitulation against Trinidad & Tobago, conveniently forgetting that Bradley was a huge part of the 2010 and 2014 World Cup teams and Altidore is the third highest scorer in USMNT history with a better GTG ratio than anyone else in the top ten bar Dempsey. At club level they were 2 of the 3 key players in one of the best teams in MLS over the last five years.

I could understand you not liking Klinsmann, but the hatred for Bradley and Altidore makes no sense to me.
Michael Bradley has never stood out to me, even in his prime and check who Altidore has scored all his goals against. Bradley is a turnover machine and very nervy with the ball. The club stuff means nothing to me.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #384 on: June 20, 2019, 04:56:13 PM »
Michael Bradley has never stood out to me, even in his prime and check who Altidore has scored all his goals against. Bradley is a turnover machine and very nervy with the ball. The club stuff means nothing to me.

Bradley is what Eric Cantona referred to as a water carrier when he was talking about Didier Deschamps. Does a lot of the unsung, unspectacular dirty work - read the opposing midfield, break up plays, take up space, lay the ball off to the more creative players. He's never going to carry the ball 40 yards past three tackles, play a 1-2 with the forward and lash it into the bottom corner without breaking stride, but he does a lot of very effective things to enable the rest of the team to play.

I can't confess to watching a lot of USMNT outside of the big tournaments, but used correctly Michael Bradley is an excellent player whose skills are well suited to international football.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #385 on: June 20, 2019, 05:42:40 PM »
Bradley is what Eric Cantona referred to as a water carrier when he was talking about Didier Deschamps. Does a lot of the unsung, unspectacular dirty work - read the opposing midfield, break up plays, take up space, lay the ball off to the more creative players. He's never going to carry the ball 40 yards past three tackles, play a 1-2 with the forward and lash it into the bottom corner without breaking stride, but he does a lot of very effective things to enable the rest of the team to play.

I can't confess to watching a lot of USMNT outside of the big tournaments, but used correctly Michael Bradley is an excellent player whose skills are well suited to international football.
I’ve watched a ton of USMNT games and he’s not the player you’re describing. He’s declined too, if the other night is any indication. His 1st half was abysmal and, like I said, it was a home match vs Guyana. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #386 on: June 20, 2019, 05:53:15 PM »
I’ve watched a ton of USMNT games and he’s not the player you’re describing. He’s declined too, if the other night is any indication. His 1st half was abysmal and, like I said, it was a home match vs Guyana. 

OK, I'll make a point of watching a couple because he certainly used to be and he still is for TFC. Obviously he's not and has never been as good as Deschamps was, but he's very much the engine that keeps the team ticking in Toronto.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #387 on: June 21, 2019, 09:10:30 AM »
OK, I'll make a point of watching a couple because he certainly used to be and he still is for TFC. Obviously he's not and has never been as good as Deschamps was, but he's very much the engine that keeps the team ticking in Toronto.

i remember disagreeing with guiness about this in the past, but i thought he was the sort of MF you described in your previous post circa 2010 world cup time. i thought he fell off a lot by the time of the 2014 WC, and I can only imagine he's gotten worse in the 5 years since then

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2019, 01:28:41 PM »
This freaking goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8MYaG5pmc

We just might have the quality to challenge this year.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2019, 09:57:24 AM »
I wish someone would televise the Serie A games in the US. BeIn used to but I don't have it anymore. I have to rely on tweets from Fiorentina but my Italian sucks so I understand about half of them.

Tags: