Author Topic: Season predictor  (Read 2994 times)

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
Re: Season predictor
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 08:22:03 AM »
11-5 or 12-4***

Unless they screw it up royally by putting "Punchy" back on the field

How do you reconcile your two contradictory opinions on this matter? You think the coaching staff is good enough to lead this team to a great record but you think you can evaluate the QB situation better than they were.

All you guys who believe the team instantly got 10 times better when Geno got hit believe this. I don't get it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 08:23:48 AM »
In the end, we know Fitz is better than 2014 Geno.  The question is whether 2015 Geno is better than 2014 Geno. Go with the devil you know I guess. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 08:25:46 AM »
All you guys who believe the team instantly got 10 times better when Geno got hit believe this. I don't get it.

Look at Fitzpatrick's numbers over the last few years, or even just last year. It's entirely more logical and evidence-based to be of the opinion that Fitz is a huge upgrade over Geno, than it is to buy into the whole "maybe Geno has somehow magically become a serviceable quarterback in the last six months while he hasn't been playing any football" mindset.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »
Look at Fitzpatrick's numbers over the last few years, or even just last year. It's entirely more logical and evidence-based to be of the opinion that Fitz is a huge upgrade over Geno, than it is to buy into the whole "maybe Geno has somehow magically become a serviceable quarterback in the last six months while he hasn't been playing any football" mindset.

I'm not of that mindset. I'm of the mindset that the people in the building and at practice everyday thought Geno was better right now.

My question is do we have a brain dead coaching staff or not?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »
I'm not of that mindset. I'm of the mindset that the people in the building and at practice everyday thought Geno was better right now.

My question is do we have a brain dead coaching staff or not?

They said that Geno was better based on what they had seen, which was him making throws and running with the ball. His ability to make throws and run is not in doubt, his ability to read the game and lead the locker room is very much so and recent events will only enhance that.

Having seen Geno Smith's behaviour and demeanour under center, I don't have any shred of doubt in my mind who the superior quarterback on the Jets' roster is.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 09:56:38 AM »
They said that Geno was better based on what they had seen, which was him making throws and running with the ball. His ability to make throws and run is not in doubt, his ability to read the game and lead the locker room is very much so and recent events will only enhance that.

Having seen Geno Smith's behaviour and demeanour under center, I don't have any shred of doubt in my mind who the superior quarterback on the Jets' roster is.

Exactly. Also no one has seen him in a game situation yet this year as he got hurt before the first preseason game. That's when it matters.
"Wrong!"

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »

You don't think they went back and watched some game tape?

You are being very careful not to say that you believe you know better than the coaching staff but I don't see how that can't be your opinion here. If you believe you are better at evaluating the QB situation than they are, which it appears you and many others do, this whole conversation is pointless because we have a terrible coaching staff.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »
You don't think they went back and watched some game tape?

You are being very careful not to say that you believe you know better than the coaching staff but I don't see how that can't be your opinion here. If you believe you are better at evaluating the QB situation than they are, which it appears you and many others do, this whole conversation is pointless because we have a terrible coaching staff.

Why does Geno's game tape count but Fitzpatrick's not?

I'm not saying that I think I know better than the coaching staff. I'm saying that I don't think that the coaching staff had anointed Geno the #1 regardless of what they might have told the media. I think they would have given him just enough rope to fail so that they couldn't be accused of not giving him a chance.

I strongly suspect that they are not desperately upset to have had the decision to start Fitzpatrick forced upon them.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
Why does Geno's game tape count but Fitzpatrick's not?

I'm not saying that I think I know better than the coaching staff. I'm saying that I don't think that the coaching staff had anointed Geno the #1 regardless of what they might have told the media. I think they would have given him just enough rope to fail so that they couldn't be accused of not giving him a chance.

I strongly suspect that they are not desperately upset to have had the decision to start Fitzpatrick forced upon them.

Both their tape counts, I don't know how I gave you the impression it didn't. We still come back to every account from camp saying Geno was ahead of Fitz.

Maybe you're right that they are secretly happy and were just going to hurt the team for a few weeks to avoid being questioned about Geno. I still don't think that conclusion reflects very well on them if it's the case.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 10:53:45 AM »
Both their tape counts, I don't know how I gave you the impression it didn't. We still come back to every account from camp saying Geno was ahead of Fitz.

Because I don't see how you could look at Geno's game tape and Fitzpatrick's game tape and conclude that Geno gave you a better chance of winning.

Maybe you're right that they are secretly happy and were just going to hurt the team for a few weeks to avoid being questioned about Geno. I still don't think that conclusion reflects very well on them if it's the case.

I think it's too early to judge the coaching staff, for me. Bowles is an unknown quantity as a head coach, especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, and Gailey's career isn't exactly stellar (although neither is he Tony Sparano). I just don't see a way that a vaguely competent staff looks at Geno Smith and decides that he's their best option. I genuinely think he has zero use to this team, and that he's simply wasting a roster spot and a chunk of cap space.

Jetaho

• Laveranues Coles
  • HAPPY BIRTH
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 11:01:15 AM »
7-9.  Not feeling great about where we are.  If Geno hadn't been popped in the mouth and was still having a good camp, I would be more optimistic.

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-lWmqqZalqVqWapampaWmqaqqamqapqWqqpVpppmmZlqaaqqmpqmmaqmqqmqplpmaqqZqaqmmpVqammqqmVqlaC_

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »
Geno and Fitzpatrick are Applebees and TGI Friday's. You might have an average meal......or blowout diarrhea.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »
Geno and Fitzpatrick are Applebees and TGI Friday's. You might have an average meal......or blowout diarrhea.

First time at Applebees in years last Saturday and it hurt for a few days. Terrible.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: