Author Topic: Jets sign QB Matt Flynn  (Read 6229 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: Matt Flynn working out for Jets
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »
Our primary CBs and several of our linebackers are also the wrong side of 30. We need a QB but we shouldn't be selling the farm for one, there are too many other needs to be addressed. The roster is good now but it isn't built for the long term.

We have been saying the same thing for years.  With a true franchise QB we would have been to 2 superbowls recently.  We can have nice pieces everywhere else, but at the end of the day...  If 'that guy' is there next draft, sell the damn farm.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 01:29:16 PM »
Football roster turnover is ridiculous. That's for every team, I am not concerned about that. If you get a franchise QB you will be well off no matter what and for a bit longer than 3 to 5 years.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
Free agent QB Matt Flynn visited the Jets today. He took a physical but did not work out. Had been dealing with hamstring issue. #nyj
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »
Our primary CBs and several of our linebackers are also the wrong side of 30. We need a QB but we shouldn't be selling the farm for one, there are too many other needs to be addressed. The roster is good now but it isn't built for the long term.

I don't think we should be Doing the Ditka for anyone really...but i do think we should focus on QB in the first round (depending on where we select and who's on the board at the time).
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »

I disagree

If you can get a QB you sell the farm for him.

Unless were talking about someone like Phillip Rivers or Brees who is at the end of his career

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 05:45:20 PM »
I disagree

If you can get a QB you sell the farm for him.

Unless were talking about someone like Phillip Rivers or Brees who is at the end of his career

Have you not been paying attention to the redskins these past few years? Getting the QB is great until you can't get him any help.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
Have you not been paying attention to the redskins these past few years? Getting the QB is great until you can't get him any help.
Rg3 isn't bad because of the talent around him, he's bad because they drafted a QB whose greatest asset was his ultra athleticism.

And once he got significantly hurt several times he lost a great deal of that.

Plus coaching is a complete nightmare over there

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 05:51:30 PM »

There is more wrong with that situation than simply Griffin's supporting cast.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 05:54:50 PM »
You don't just ditka one draft for a QB with the rookie cap. You are doing it to at least two drafts. It's dumb for any QB that isn't a Manning or Luck level prospect.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 05:58:51 PM »
It's dumb for any QB that isn't a Manning or Luck level prospect.

Jared Goff might become that type of prospect.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »

If he is go get him and figure the rest out later.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 06:27:34 PM »

If he is, nobody will be willing to give him up, or if they are someone much closer to #1 overall will be willing to give up just as much as us.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 07:09:45 PM »
someone much closer to #1 overall

We have no idea how this season will turn out yet. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »
We have no idea how this season will turn out yet. 

Of course not. But as of this moment in time, who thinks we will have a top 5 pick next draft without any trades?

Because I'd bet not a soul sees us as a worse football team than a year ago who drafted 6th. We may not be drastically better because the QB play is expected to be atrocious (again), but I don't see many ways we could possibly be worse than a year ago barring a massive injury epidemic killing off basically any reasonable contributors.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 08:45:13 PM »
Of course not. But as of this moment in time, who thinks we will have a top 5 pick next draft without any trades?

Because I'd bet not a soul sees us as a worse football team than a year ago who drafted 6th. We may not be drastically better because the QB play is expected to be atrocious (again), but I don't see many ways we could possibly be worse than a year ago barring a massive injury epidemic killing off basically any reasonable contributors.
Geno could get back in time for week 1

Tags: