Author Topic: How to Dad  (Read 48981 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: How to Dad
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »
we did a pre-parenting seminar thing and it wasnt terribly useful.

the hospital did a pre-register, where they showed us everything and walked us through the process, which WAS helpful, but it was also required by the hospital.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »
I would offer advice but my parenting is/was reserved for 10-17 y/o's ( I helped raise 2 kids that weren't my own). Good luck.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 12:55:46 PM »

Serious question for the guys who have become dad's recently. Did you read anything or take any of these pre birth classes? My gut tells me we don't need to do many of them but maybe I'm wrong?

I helped raise my nephew from birth and my wife was a nanny in college, so the classes all seemed kind of unnecessary.  They can help if it's new or frightening, though.  The biggest thing is that I could tell you nothing is quite as frightening or serious as you'll think it is, but it won't change how you react.  Every little thing will seem terribly important, but when you look back you'll be amazed that you worried about ultimately meaningless things.  I guess just try to keep that in mind.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »
Why the freak do you need a class for throwing something in a dumpster?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »

lololololololol
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »

Ha.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »
I helped raise my nephew from birth and my wife was a nanny in college, so the classes all seemed kind of unnecessary.  They can help if it's new or frightening, though.  The biggest thing is that I could tell you nothing is quite as frightening or serious as you'll think it is, but it won't change how you react.  Every little thing will seem terribly important, but when you look back you'll be amazed that you worried about ultimately meaningless things.  I guess just try to keep that in mind.

We're still pretty far away so I haven't been worried about much yet. That's actually kind of why I asked because I thought maybe I was being too casual about everything so far.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
Thanks for all the othe input guys. I think she has one class or seminar thing she wants to go to so I'll do that and probably not worry about more.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »
we did a pre-parenting seminar thing and it wasnt terribly useful.

the hospital did a pre-register, where they showed us everything and walked us through the process, which WAS helpful, but it was also required by the hospital.

Hospital pre-register was very helpful. Especially because my wife's water unexpectedly broke the next day so I remembered exactly where to go at the hospital.

We took an online video seminar about birthing and the different options for delivery. Didn't matter since his circumstances necessitated a C section.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
My wife has five younger siblings and used to be a nanny so we didn't do any baby classes. The nurses at the hospital helped me pick stuff up.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »
My wife has five younger siblings and used to be a nanny so we didn't do any baby classes. The nurses at the hospital helped me pick stuff up.

How come you haven't had another kid yet?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
Yeah, ours is doing that pre register thing too.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »

My girl is an only child and I have an older sibling.

I'm so fucked.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2015, 07:01:43 AM »
Here's something to remember- when you're sitting in the hospital and they roll the baby in to you, below the baby is a ton of supplies like blankets, diapers and formula. Deplete that excrement on an hourly basis, or when shifts change.  Use every opportunity to grab as much of the free diapers and formula as you can, and keep asking them to restock it for you.  Also, when you're about to check out and bring the baby home, ask them to give you some parting gifts- they always do.

Congrats on the pending arrival. You'll find that being a parent for the first time is truly a mind-blowing experience.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2015, 07:35:08 AM »
^I grabbed as many AD packets as I could before we went home.

Tags: