Author Topic: Highest Paid Coaches of 2013  (Read 2128 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Highest Paid Coaches of 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:54:21 PM »
Very surprised Arkansas and Tennessee are top 5, shocked NC State is the second highest ACC school, and quite possibly most shocked the lowest salary reported in FBS is still $288,000 (Louisiana Monroe)
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »
Very surprised Arkansas and Tennessee are top 5, shocked NC State is the second highest ACC school, and quite possibly most shocked the lowest salary reported in FBS is still $288,000 (Louisiana Monroe)

Tommy Tuberville's salary is the most shocking.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:42:39 PM »
Brett Bielema...grossly overpaid.

Mark Dantonio...underpaid.

Surprised Brian Kelly doesn't make more, I'm sure there are other incentives...radio show, TV etc.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »

I'm not too surprised with Bret Bielema.  He had a lot of success at Wisconsin, and Arkansas isn't exactly a school that gets a coach based on name alone.  It'll surprise me if he keeps that kind of contract, though.  I agree that Butch Jones getting that much is a head scratcher unless coaches found the Tennessee job toxic after Lane Kiffin.  Can't imagine that's the case, though.

Biggest surprise for me is that David Shaw is at the bottom of the list and works for free.  That guy deserves a big paycheck and he's basically doing it for charity.

Tags: