Author Topic: Terrorists  (Read 69329 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Terrorists
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2015, 12:21:21 PM »
His inbred friend that CNN keeps interviewing has blood on his hands.  Supposedly Roof told him about a 6 month plan that he had in place to start a race war.

Thanks for speaking up, Jethro. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2015, 12:43:08 PM »
To what?

That he's a crazy psychopath racist with some deep seated mental issues?

Yep.  And a terrorist.  Different ideology, same fanaticism.  Thank God he wasn't ex-military.  The most dangerous terrorists around, from Bin Laden to McVeigh, seem to be the ones we trained ourselves.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2015, 12:47:41 PM »
To what?

That he's a crazy psychopath racist with some deep seated mental issues?

Thanks for delivering. I truly hope this is just an internet act you do for shits and giggles.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2015, 12:54:59 PM »
Thanks for delivering. I truly hope this is just an internet act you do for shits and giggles.
I acknowledged that he's both crazy and a racist.

What's the issue?

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
Didn't know DCM was the director of the FBI.

http://www.ktul.com/story/29367574/fbi-director-charleston-shooting-not-an-act-of-terrorism

"Terrorism is act of violence done or threatens to in order to try to influence a public body or citizenry so it's more of a political act and again based on what I know so more I don't see it as a political act. Doesn't make it any less horrific the label but terrorism has a definition under federal law," he said during a visit to Baltimore.

How does anyone with a high school education read that definition and say it doesn't apply to this situation!? Does the black population not count as a citizenry or something?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2015, 04:21:03 PM »
That excrement makes me sick. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2015, 04:27:36 PM »
Didn't know DCM was the director of the FBI.

http://www.ktul.com/story/29367574/fbi-director-charleston-shooting-not-an-act-of-terrorism

"Terrorism is act of violence done or threatens to in order to try to influence a public body or citizenry so it's more of a political act and again based on what I know so more I don't see it as a political act. Doesn't make it any less horrific the label but terrorism has a definition under federal law," he said during a visit to Baltimore.

How does anyone with a high school education read that definition and say it doesn't apply to this situation!? Does the black population not count as a citizenry or something?
What's the difference between a hate crime and terrorism?

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2015, 06:36:12 PM »
Yep.  And a terrorist.  Different ideology, same fanaticism.  Thank God he wasn't ex-military.  The most dangerous terrorists around, from Bin Laden to McVeigh, seem to be the ones we trained ourselves.

Our killers are the best killers, I always say.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2015, 08:25:23 PM »
It says he said that Friday.  It may have been prior to the word coming out that he told authorities he was trying to start a race war.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »
How can a guy trying to foment a race war not be considered a terrorist, just curious. Wouldn't that be one of the definitions of terrorist?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2015, 11:00:58 PM »
How can a guy trying to foment a race war not be considered a terrorist, just curious. Wouldn't that be one of the definitions of terrorist?

Because he's white. 

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2015, 06:44:43 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33205339

Terrorism charges are discrete offences, including charges like material support for terrorist groups and use of weapons of mass destruction.
The US defines "domestic terrorism" as activities that meet three criteria - "dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law", are intended to intimidate or coerce civilians or governments, and occurs primarily within the US

Many of the most successful US terrorism prosecutions have been against suspects prosecuted for support or actions for overseas groups like al-Qaeda and Islamic State.

Domestic organisations and individuals, especially neo-Nazi and white supremacists, tend to be charged with conspiracy, organised crime and weapons violations, Beirich says.

Roof allegedly killed nine people who were attending bible study at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church
An attempt to bomb a Martin Luther King Jr Day parade in Seattle in 2011 was initially described as a "domestic terrorism incident", according to the Congressional Research Service.

The perpetrator later pleaded guilty to attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and federal hate crimes. Afterwards the FBI said a "horrific hate crime" had been prevented, but the terrorism language was gone.
Terrorism prosecutions are harder to prove than regular crimes, Dr LaFree says, in part because the crucial parts of the charges rely on motive and other psychological factors.

"A relatively small number of cases of those that could be classified as terrorism are actually prosecuted as terrorism," he says, adding a study of Justice Department cases that went forward with terror charges had a lower conviction than those that didn't.

I just happened to come across this article which fits this discussion. I pulled out a couple key parts.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:46:20 AM by Cane »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »
So if terrorism charges have a lower conviction rate, I guess everyone really wants Roof to get off light.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2015, 10:17:30 PM »

It's domestic terrorism in the form of a hate crime.

That's a flagrant one, or a penalty shot, or a 15 yard infraction.

It could be a 5 minute major. Depends on the judge.

This is the best I could illustrate how retarded the media can be when labeling an act that has been defined by the shooter himself.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2015, 10:18:12 PM »
what

Tags: