Author Topic: Terrorists  (Read 69202 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Terrorists
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »

No, those two didn't invent killing civilians in the name of Islam. That ideology already exists and is the MO of dozens of organizations worldwide.

You think Roof invented racially motivated murder?  The church he shot up was previously burned to the ground after one of its founders was killed.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:43 PM »
TIL Roof was the first guy ever to claim that blacks needed to be exterminated for taking over this country.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 08:18:35 PM »

You think Roof invented racially motivated murder?  The church he shot up was previously burned to the ground after one of its founders was killed.

I'm not suggesting it wasn't a hate crime, but calling it terrorism implies some sort of widely accepted ideology that killing blacks is an acceptable method of racial segregation. Can you imagine the reaction if a black guy killed a few white people for being white and we called it black terrorism? People would flip their excrement. "Right wing extremism" implies that there are large groups of people on the right who agree with excrement like this.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 08:22:36 PM »
I'm not suggesting it wasn't a hate crime, but calling it terrorism implies some sort of widely accepted ideology that killing blacks is an acceptable method of racial segregation. Can you imagine the reaction if a black guy killed a few white people for being white and we called it black terrorism? People would flip their excrement. "Right wing extremism" implies that there are large groups of people on the right who agree with excrement like this.

Ok, so Timothy McVeigh and the Unabomber weren't terrorists either because their ideologies weren't widespread enough.  Got it.

You don't want to call it terrorism because the victims were black and you feel some sense of injustice because it 'wouldn't be terrorism' if the tables were turned.  If a black guy killed some white people and said that it was time to wipe white people out, every. single. person I know, damn well including every black person I know would call him a terrorist.  This isn't guessing at ideology.  The guy stated what he was doing.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »

Ok, so Timothy McVeigh and the Unabomber weren't terrorists either because their ideologies weren't widespread enough.  Got it.

You don't want to call it terrorism because the victims were black and you feel some sense of injustice because it 'wouldn't be terrorism' if the tables were turned.  If a black guy killed some white people and said that it was time to wipe white people out, every. single. person I know, damn well including every black person I know would call him a terrorist.  This isn't guessing at ideology.  The guy stated what he was doing.

Fine, call it terrorism. Call it right-wing or white-terrorism. Let's perpetuate the myth that whitey is out to get black people, because that's all that will accomplish. Bleeding hearts will be all up in people's faces about it, people who don't necessarily hold racist views will start doing so out of resentment because of all the bullshit accusations, and we're going to repeat this cycle over and over again. Society will remain extremely sensitive about everything, and any actual honest debate about race will become practically impossible.

We always have to label excrement and group people together. It's always a (group) vs (group). And it'll never end.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »
Let's perpetuate the myth that whitey is out to get black people, because that's all that will accomplish.

holy excrement

It's a freaking a shame that a child of immigrants is this freaking openly racist.  How did you become this way?

The kid said that he wanted to kill black people and start a race war.  He had the confederate flag on his license plate.  He had pro-apartheid African patches on his jacket.

He was out to get black people.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:42:41 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »
Fine, call it terrorism. Call it right-wing or white-terrorism. Let's perpetuate the myth that whitey is out to get black people, because that's all that will accomplish. Bleeding hearts will be all up in people's faces about it, people who don't necessarily hold racist views will start doing so out of resentment because of all the bullshit accusations, and we're going to repeat this cycle over and over again. Society will remain extremely sensitive about everything, and any actual honest debate about race will become practically impossible.

We always have to label excrement and group people together. It's always a (group) vs (group). And it'll never end.

I'm pretty sure no one is calling it white terrorism.  They're calling it terrorism.  And did you hear the response from the victims' families?  The ones who went to trial today and said that they're going to return his hatred with love because he's trying to start a race war?  I suspect this will have a different response than police action.  It's not systemic.  Unless more of these "white terrorists" as you call them emerge, I think you'll see some solidarity condemning the acts.  People like Lindsey Graham who deny what happened or downplay it are the ones doing damage here.  Especially when they try to spin it as anti-Christian attacks after the guy claimed it was racially motivated.

It was a fanatic acting on a dangerous ideology.  That's terrorism.  You're so afraid to label excrement when it threatens you, but you're perfectly content to do so when it's convenient.

And it's a myth that all white people are out to get black people.  It's not a myth that the system perpetuates the degradation of the black man.  It's also not a myth to suggest that most people don't want to see that changed.  Not really.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
holy excrement

It's a freaking a shame that a child of immigrants is this freaking openly racist.  How did you become this way?

The kid said that he wanted to kill black people and start a race war.  He had the confederate flag on his license plate.  He had pro-apartheid African patches on his jacket.

He was out to get black people.

There's powerful history there.  The last one in frequently sets himself up as a strong opponent of the black man to boost his own social status.  It's been the case all through American history.  Hell, the Irish weren't considered white until they differentiated themselves from blacks and whites needed them to maintain majority status.  Poor whites in the South who couldn't dream of owning or profiting from slaves were among its staunchest supporters because it upheld a social stratification that allowed them some measure of superiority.  The truth is, an awful lot of people need to maintain a low status for blacks because it allows them to at least stand on the shoulders of one group.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 08:57:40 PM »

There's powerful history there.  The last one in frequently sets himself up as a strong opponent of the black man to boost his own social status.  It's been the case all through American history.  Hell, the Irish weren't considered white until they differentiated themselves from blacks and whites needed them to maintain majority status.  Poor whites in the South who couldn't dream of owning or profiting from slaves were among its staunchest supporters because it upheld a social stratification that allowed them some measure of superiority.  The truth is, an awful lot of people need to maintain a low status for blacks because it allows them to at least stand on the shoulders of one group.

I actually agree with all of this.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »
I actually agree with all of this.

But do you not agree that it shouldn't have to be that way? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:01 PM »
Are we sure this isn't TDK?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »
Are we sure this isn't TDK?

No joke, he looks like what I'd expect if you and TDK had a baby.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 09:36:40 PM »
No joke, he looks like what I'd expect if you and TDK had a baby.

Don't pee me off white boy.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2015, 12:02:43 PM »
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:05:44 PM by ukilledkenny »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2015, 12:20:40 PM »
I look forward to DCM amd Tommy's reaction to this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/us/dylann-storm-roof-photos-website-charleston-church-shooting.html?_r=0
To what?

That he's a crazy psychopath racist with some deep seated mental issues?

Tags: