Author Topic: Jets framed in national sting of their own by Roger Goodell  (Read 4872 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Jets framed in national sting of their own by Roger Goodell
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 09:41:54 AM »
Oh good, another debate about military spending.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 10:36:07 AM »
It always happened, as far as I remember, and I don't know anyone who thinks its weird.

You're just not allowed to not like it so nobody says anything because the one time we did it turned into this whole huge deal. If they do something to honor the troops at the Jacksonville game this year I'm just gonna politely clap and move on. Not worth arguing about in this country.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
It's only 15pct of the budget.

That is the problem right there.  Only 15%.  Only.  That is a freak ton of money.

Spend half of that on infrastructure instead and for every military job lost, you are probably creating 4-5 civilian jobs, trains stop running off the tracks or exploding (not to mention high speed rail having a chance), bridges stop collapsing, etc.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 11:34:25 AM »
You're just not allowed to not like it so nobody says anything because the one time we did it turned into this whole huge deal. If they do something to honor the troops at the Jacksonville game this year I'm just gonna politely clap and move on. Not worth arguing about in this country.

I think that's the key point. If people want to stick ribbons on their cars and get all misty eyed over their boys sticking it to Johnny Foreigner in far flung lands then I guess that's their right so to do, but I don't get why we all have to be forced to join in.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: