Author Topic: Jets framed in national sting of their own by Roger Goodell  (Read 4871 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Statement-on-Misleading-Reports-Regarding-Jets-and-NJ-National-Guard/a031b626-576d-4e04-810b-cd9135abdb81?campaign=fb

It's a freaking sting this whole thing was set up by the illuminati to make the Jets look bad.

Article below

The New York Jets hold in the highest esteem the service and sacrifice of the brave men and women in the armed forces, and our longstanding ties to all branches of the U.S. Military are among our most important relationships. Unfortunately, the recent media coverage of our contract with the New Jersey National Guard has unfairly cast doubt on the sincerity of these relationships. The media coverage was based on misrepresentations and blatant factual errors. 

The facts are that from 2011-2014 the New Jersey National Guard (and, to clarify, no other Military branch) had an advertising and promotional contract with the Jets. The National Guard approached us, seeking our promotional assets to reach their target audience. The National Guard, and the U.S. Military in general, spend millions annually to maintain an all-volunteer force. As a National Guard spokesman recently confirmed, his organization has found it effective to use some of its budget with the Jets, the NFL, and other sports properties. Our understanding is that this arrangement was similar in content to other sports advertising expenditures made by the National Guard.

Over the years the Jets have consistently supported all branches of the armed forces – with no strings attached. Since 2000 (well before our relationship with the New Jersey National Guard), we have recognized the armed forces at our annual Military Appreciation Day. We have also proudly made substantial donations to military causes, including a recent $1 million donation to Building for America’s Bravest, a program that builds homes for catastrophically injured soldiers. We are privileged to be able to express our gratitude to U.S. Military personnel in this way, and proud of how these efforts have been embraced by our fans.

It is for this reason that we take such exception to the shameful manner in which our contract with the National Guard (which has since expired) has been distorted. Going forward, we will pay closer attention to ensuring that any arrangement we have with a government entity is clearly identified.  However, the suggestion by critics that our long track record of honoring military service was improperly motivated is patently offensive. It may also unfairly place some of our fans in the unfortunate position of questioning our intentions any time they see a military presence at a Jets home game or event.   

We are proud that our support of the armed forces is unwavering and will continue in the future. We hope that our critics will show similar support.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Jets framed in national sting of their own by Roger Goodell
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 02:42:30 PM »
I saw that but had, and still have, absolutely no idea what it is in response to.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 02:45:50 PM »
I saw that but had, and still have, absolutely no idea what it is in response to.

It's a freaking sting this whole thing was set up by the illuminati to make the Jets look bad.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »

I saw something a week or two ago about the military branches paying teams to honor troops before or during games. I think that would be what this is about.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 03:22:02 PM »
I saw something a week or two ago about the military branches paying teams to honor troops before or during games. I think that would be what this is about.

Really? Seems a bit strange, but I suppose it explains some of the infatuation that all sports apparently have with the military. I find the whole "stand up and applaud some random NCO who is currently waving in an embarrassed fashion on the Jumbotron" stuff particularly weird.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 07:55:37 PM »
Really? Seems a bit strange, but I suppose it explains some of the infatuation that all sports apparently have with the military. I find the whole "stand up and applaud some random NCO who is currently waving in an embarrassed fashion on the Jumbotron" stuff particularly weird.

Ditto this. For non-americans it looks really weird.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 08:09:39 PM »
Why? This country has a strong and proud military history.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
Why? This country has a strong and proud military history.

Why do you take strength and pride from other people going to fight your (often unnecessary) wars for you?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 08:14:56 PM »
I agree with JE, we should take all the resources that go into the armed forces and put them to use in the war on drugs.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »

Why do you take strength and pride from other people going to fight your (often unnecessary) wars for you?

They're all risking their lives for our country and I'm not. I respect them for the job that they're doing. We can debate whether or not the wars are necessary, but the fact of the matter is that they're fighting on behalf of this country when called upon. That deserves recognition at the very least.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 08:16:09 PM »

I agree with JE, we should take all the resources that go into the armed forces and put them to use in the war on drugs.

lolololol
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »

You should use the resources to buy the drugs and give them to the armed forces.

They're all risking their lives for our country and I'm not. I respect them for the job that they're doing. We can debate whether or not the wars are necessary, but the fact of the matter is that they're fighting on behalf of this country when called upon. That deserves recognition at the very least.

There are all sorts of issues with that, but let's keep it to the particularly fetishistic obsession with the military that sports teams appear to have. It's not just the USA, by the way. We're every bit as bad for it up here at hockey games and they were doing the same at the Blue Jays game I was at the other day. Hell, they've even started parading local regiments at soccer games in the UK.

Why does being a sports fan mean that we have to have a military love-in? If you want to show your appreciation for them putting their lives on the line for you (BTW, that's not what they're doing, not in any context) there are better ways of doing it. Send care packages to servicemen stationed overseas, for a start. Do you do that?

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 08:43:11 PM »
I'm sick and tired of the military circle jerk. I respect the people in the military but I know a ton of dipshits who joined because it would allow them to escape a jail sentence or because they were at a dead end in life. They show up in town and people praise them for doing 6 weeks of boot camp

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »
Ditto this. For non-americans it looks really weird.

It's weird to a lot of us too.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »
It's weird to a lot of us too.

So did this always happen at American sporting fixtures, or is it a relatively new phenomenon?

Tags: