Author Topic: Familiar names that might get cut  (Read 4086 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Familiar names that might get cut
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:30:47 AM »
With the Duff talent infusion this year, I think we'll see quite a few familiar Jets scrubs from previous years that will be sent packing this year.  Here's a few that might get cut.  Some of these are just scrubs that stuck around too long because we sucked.  Others are decent talents that will get squeezed out.  We'll probably be quite happy to see all of them go.

-J. Jarrett
-A. Allen
-W. Colon
-J. Cumberland
-Z. Sudfeld
-T. Bohanon
-S. Hakim
-TJ Graham
-D. Richardson
-M. Simms
-D. Walls
-B. Winters

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:32:18 AM by bojanglesman »

Koz

• Chad Pennington
Re: Familiar names that might get cut
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 07:47:55 AM »
And yet Little John Flowers remains.  I agree with everyone listed above, but wonder,was Graham the guy who showed "flashes" towards the end of the season?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 07:53:48 AM »
With the Duff talent infusion this year, I think we'll see quite a few familiar Jets scrubs from previous years that will be sent packing this year.  Here's a few that might get cut.  Some of these are just scrubs that stuck around too long because we sucked.  Others are decent talents that will get squeezed out.  We'll probably be quite happy to see all of them go.

-J. Jarrett
-A. Allen
-W. Colon
-J. Cumberland
-Z. Sudfeld
-T. Bohanon
-S. Hakim
-TJ Graham
-D. Richardson
-M. Simms
-D. Walls
-B. Winters
Have we added any tight end talent?

Id be shocked if we cut Cumberland, and somewhat surprised if we let Sudfeld go.

Though I'm not sure how much of Cumberlands contract is guaranteed so there's that

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 07:56:38 AM »
They signed a rather athletic UDFA who from all accounts has some good potential. Also, Pantale was already shown the door.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 08:04:29 AM »

Id be shocked if we cut Cumberland, and somewhat surprised if we let Sudfeld go.

Though I'm not sure how much of Cumberlands contract is guaranteed so there's that

Kellen Davis was signed as a blocking TE from the Lions.  Wes Saxton was picked up as an UDFA who is more of a receiver.  Sudfeld hasn't done excrement since being here other than be 900 ft tall.  Cumberland always seems to be ready for a breakout year that never happens. 

I'd be surprised if Sudfeld sticks around.  I wouldn't be surprised either way with Cumberland.  Really depends on what Saxton shows.  Kellen Davis is already the best TE blocker we have.

If we have two guys that are better receivers at TE and one that is much better at blocking (all at league minimum-type deals), why do we need to pay Cumberland $2 million a year?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:33:33 AM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:31:14 AM »

Why are you so enamoured of Sudfeld? I don't dislike the guy but he's eminently upgradeable.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »
Why are you so enamoured of Sudfeld? I don't dislike the guy but he's eminently upgradeable.
He plays special teams

All we brought in is a 30 year old and a UDFA

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 09:19:53 AM »
He plays special teams

All we brought in is a 30 year old and a UDFA

And he likely isn't better than them.  He is easily replaceable on special teams.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 09:27:21 AM »
Tommy Bohanon
Darrin Walls
Rontez Miles
Ryan Quigley
Zach Sudfeld
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 09:30:23 AM »
I'd be quite happy to see the end of Bohanon. It's quite easy to play without a full back, I don't see the point of trying to accommodate such a shitty one.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »
I'd be quite happy to see the end of Bohanon. It's quite easy to play without a full back, I don't see the point of trying to accommodate such a shitty one.

JC Copeland was awesome at LSU.  I hope he wins the FB job. 

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 11:02:44 AM »
JC Copeland was awesome at LSU.  I hope he wins the FB job.

Can't argue this. And I actually like Bohannon at Wake.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »

-J. Jarrett
-A. Allen
-W. Colon
-J. Cumberland
-Z. Sudfeld
-T. Bohanon
-S. Hakim
-TJ Graham
-D. Richardson
-M. Simms
-D. Walls
-B. Winters

I think Jarrett and Allen will be here this year. Bowles loves secondary players and there's no reason to dump them until he sees if they're unsalvageable.

Colon will probably last the year too. Unless someone breaks out in camp I can't see him being gone. Winters may get "one more shot" too.

The rest of the list looks like a lot of camp fodder at this point. Unless Geno does something to make him less desirable than Simms.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »
I think Jarrett and Allen will be here this year. Bowles loves secondary players and there's no reason to dump them until he sees if they're unsalvageable.

It depends on how Durell Eskridge does in camp.  Bowles may opt to stick with a DB that he's signed.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 12:21:51 PM »
It depends on how Durell Eskridge does in camp.  Bowles may opt to stick with a DB that he's signed.

Apart from Revis and Cro there isn't anyone in the secondary that I would be upset parting with at the moment. I'd definitely like to see Milliner, Pryor, McDougle, and Skrine work out but everyone else is interchangeable to me right now.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: