C
0 (0%)
D
0 (0%)
F uck anyone who picks this option
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 12, 2015, 04:46:02 PM

Author Topic: Grade the Draft  (Read 11400 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Grade the Draft
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
Leonard Williams pretty much made this draft class.

Had we taken like Scherff with the first pick it would be like a c+

Instead Williams makes it a solid B+ flirting with an A- depending on how good Smith is

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »
Solid A especially if you factor in a 5th round pick ended up getting is Brandon Marshall and Zach Stacy. The NT is meh but I wasn't expecting a contributor in the 7th anyway.

Every other pick I am happy with.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 05:22:22 PM »
Gotta be an A...

- Leonard Williams is a steal. Wasn't sure how to feel about it at first, but that's about it. Grade: A
- Devin Smith adds speed to an offense that has virtually none of it. And he's got the ability to make plays in the air once he gets down the field. Grade: A
- Lorenzo Mauldin isn't a great athlete, but he uses his hands really well, fills a need, and is a great character guy on and off the field. Grade: B+
- Bryce Petty in the 4th round is fine for a developmental QB. He has a long way to go, but if we're patient, he could pay off. Grade: B+
- Jarvis Harrison is a 2nd-round caliber athlete at guard. Needs to be kicked in the derriere, but he has the ability to be a good starter. Grade: B+
- Deon Simon is a player I had never heard of until 20 minutes ago. Therefore, he must suck. Seriously, another DT though? Grade: B-

- Brandon Marshall has to be factored in a little bit. I factor in Zac Stacy a little more since he was actually acquired on draft day, but either way, both good deals. DeVier Posey might as well be a 7th-round flyer on a guy with solid size and athleticism (assuming he didn't lose it after the Achilles injury)

Bottom line: This is the happiest I've been after a draft in a while. It turned the defensive line into an unstoppable beast. It took a deep threat that adds an element to the offense that it hasn't seen since....?

2014: Didn't like the draft that much
2013: Liked it after the draft.
2012: Thought it was a boom/bust, but I didn't mind it because there was a lot of potential. Still waiting on that potential.
2011: I liked Wilkerson, Kerley and Ellis. Did not understand the Powell pick.
2010: Liked Wilson's value, and I believe I liked Ducasse. Was fine with McKnight as an upside pick. Conner was dumb then and is dumb now.
2009: Sanchez trade was great. Didn't mind the Greene move though I wasn't in love. Slauson I kind of liked.
2008: Was fine with Gholston. Didn't like the Keller move. Liked Lowery and Nate Garner, and I liked the Henry flyer as size/speed. Ainge was meh.
2007: Liked this draft a lot. Liked Revis and Harris a lot, thought Bender was a steal and that Stuckey would carve out a role.
2006: Was at this draft. I liked the first 3 picks like everyone else. Hated Schlegel and Smith like everyone else. Loved Brad Smith and Leon Washington.
2005: Justin Miller fell to 57? Steal of the draft!
2004: Derrick Strait fell to 76? Steal of the draft! I actually really liked this draft. Vilma at 12, Strait, Cotchery in the 4th, a couple tackle flyers I liked, a really good athlete in McClover in the 7th, and another in Rashad Washington. The one guy I ignored - Erik Coleman - was the best of all the guys after Cotchery.
2003: BJ Askew? Derek Pagel?? At least we got "Can't Nobody Block Me"
2002: Jabba the Jet loved Bryan Thomas. Don't remember much of how I felt about the rest
2001: Loved the LaMont Jordan and Kareem McKenzie picks
2000: Laveranues Coles made me fall in love with the draft. I really wanted to get that kid, mostly because he was insanely fast and his first name was awesome. Was ecstatic when they took him.

I don't know why I just went back 15 years going year-by-year trying to remember how I felt after the draft, but I enjoyed that (and feel really old now)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 10:12:02 PM »
Insufficent fat men, insufficient men with hood names, too early to give a grade because none of them have yet played a snap in the NFL. My grade is a GFY.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 11:31:54 PM »

2000: Laveranues Coles made me fall in love with the draft. I really wanted to get that kid,

Kid? Isn't Coles like 10 years older than us?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »
Kid? Isn't Coles like 10 years older than us?

yeah but still
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Grade the Draft
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 05:02:42 AM »
Thirteen stars.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 05:19:29 AM »
This is the first time in a long while that I walked away from the draft with a chubby. A!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »
5 honks

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 07:54:50 AM »
Duff filled a lot of needs, i hope they all pan out.

A
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
This is one of the most freaking retarded things ive ever seen

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/166733/thumbs-up-thumbs-down-for-each-nfl-teams-draft-class

They do a thumbs up or thumbs down for every team in the draft.

I think around 28 teams got a thumbs up.

Off the top of my head only the 49ers and Chiefs (i think?) had bad drafts. Maybe the Bills too I dont even see the point

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 10:43:23 AM »
I feel like it would be kinda hard to screw up a draft this deep.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »

Everything is relative though

You could get good players that fill needs, and still not have done a very good job.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »

They fucked it up last year.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 11:27:38 AM »

They fucked it up last year.

True that

Tags: