Author Topic: Nice place you guys have here  (Read 8959 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Nice place you guys have here
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
I don't know.  You could always talk to him and explain.  The Xbox One will at least be easier to get than the PS4.  If people haven't preordered that one, they're unlikely to get it by Christmas according to Sony.  They're saying that the Xbox has shortages as well, but I have no idea if it's true.  That doesn't account for locations that don't do preorders, obviously.  I'd say that Costco would be a good place to try, but you may have to camp out if you want to get one.  Or Target.

I just cancelled my preordered PS4 because I didn't think the chances of a shortage were realistic. Was hoping on reselling it and making a profit.

freak me if you're right.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »
I just cancelled my preordered PS4 because I didn't think the chances of a shortage were realistic. Was hoping on reselling it and making a profit.

freak me if you're right.

Why did you do that?  At the least, you could have just turned it over to someone you knew who wanted one.  Still, it sounds like people are overpaying for the PS4 on eBay already to guarantee they get one.  If you still have the Xbox One and can't sell it, sounds like Koz is interested.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »
Why did you do that?  At the least, you could have just turned it over to someone you knew who wanted one.  Still, it sounds like people are overpaying for the PS4 on eBay already to guarantee they get one.  If you still have the Xbox One and can't sell it, sounds like Koz is interested.
Very much interested.  I'll send an autographed picture of my head along with the cash as just compensation.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »
Nope. Cancelled all of them.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
Sign up here to be notified when online preorders open up.  Walmart had some yesterday:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/xboxone/

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »
I just don't see how there would be shortages. I'm sure Sony and Microsoft would like people to THINK that there would be shortages, just to ensure that everyone preorders.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 11:12:36 AM »
I just don't see how there would be shortages. I'm sure Sony and Microsoft would like people to THINK that there would be shortages, just to ensure that everyone preorders.

They rush to beat the competition.  I think PS4 is more likely to truly have shortages because it has the higher demand and was the faster push to market.  It taxed Sony to get this thing out ahead of Xbox One.  I really doubt the MS claims of shortage are true.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 11:13:19 AM »
Sign up here to be notified when online preorders open up.  Walmart had some yesterday:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/xboxone/
Funny my sister in law recommended the same thing an hour ago.  Already done- thanks for the heads-up!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
The best part is that Gamestop is still getting shitty numbers of units, so they'll ALWAYS have a shortage.  I can't understand why people continue to preorder systems from them.  They take massive numbers of preorders and don't tell you when you'll actually get your unit.  Apparently some stores have hundreds on the list and are only getting 5 - 10 at a time.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 11:14:52 AM »
They rush to beat the competition.  I think PS4 is more likely to truly have shortages because it has the higher demand and was the faster push to market.  It taxed Sony to get this thing out ahead of Xbox One.  I really doubt the MS claims of shortage are true.

I just felt that it would end up being a waste of my time, especially since I have to prepare for the big move. I do feel like a bit of a scumbag though, as I could have transfered the preorder, or sold it to someone who really needed one. Sorry Koz.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »
I just felt that it would end up being a waste of my time, especially since I have to prepare for the big move. I do feel like a bit of a scumbag though, as I could have transfered the preorder, or sold it to someone who really needed one. Sorry Koz.

Forgot about the move.  It wouldn't have been worth your time at all on the Xbox, and that's the one that Koz wants.  I don't think that was anything you could have foreseen.

Plus, when I asked about the Xbox One, I only got 3 responses.  The first one was from a friend with kids...and his wife nixed it.  There wasn't even that much demand at cost, but it'll probably go up now as it gets closer.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 11:22:41 AM »
What's the buzz surrounding the Xbox and PS4 anyway? Sony is banking everything on the PS4, as the company hasn't been doing very well at all. Microsoft is sort of in the same boat. Neither company is anywhere near the bellwethers they were when the PS2 and Xbox first came around.
"Wrong!"

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:37 AM »
The best part is that Gamestop is still getting shitty numbers of units, so they'll ALWAYS have a shortage.  I can't understand why people continue to preorder systems from them.  They take massive numbers of preorders and don't tell you when you'll actually get your unit.  Apparently some stores have hundreds on the list and are only getting 5 - 10 at a time.
Sears appears to be the dark horse right now!

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 12:19:12 PM »
Koz! Good to see you back brother. We are all pulling for you.

You haven't missed much, we are all still a bunch of assholes, Tommy is leaving to start a new life in Ho Chi Minh city, (we are trying to talk him out  of it) and every other week we love the New York Jets.
Welcome back.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »
I have a preorder on day 1 for both systems. I'm likely not keeping both. Willing to sell if someone is in need.

Tags: