Author Topic: Teams asking Jets about Wilk  (Read 12584 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Teams asking Jets about Wilk
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2015, 08:15:02 AM »
It's been said before, but Leonard Williams being drafted puts the Jets in a much better negotiating place with Wilkerson.  They have him this year no matter what.  If he doesn't want to agree to a reasonable contract, the Jets can franchise him next year too at an amount that wouldn't be much more than his annual amount on a new contract.  Basically, he can get a reasonable mountain of money now or hold out for Mt. Everest another 2 years down the road.

Ultimately, I think that if Wilkerson does re-sign here, Snacks is the odd man out.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2015, 08:21:52 AM »
It's been said before, but Leonard Williams being drafted puts the Jets in a much better negotiating place with Wilkerson.  They have him this year no matter what.  If he doesn't want to agree to a reasonable contract, the Jets can franchise him next year too at an amount that wouldn't be much more than his annual amount on a new contract.  Basically, he can get a reasonable mountain of money now or hold out for Mt. Everest another 2 years down the road.

Ultimately, I think that if Wilkerson does re-sign here, Snacks is the odd man out.
It's gonna come down to how much money he wants.

4-5 million a year I think there's a solid chance he returns.

More than that and I agree completley that he's gone
Hypothetically speaking how much money could the 4 of them command when all not on their rookie contracts. 40-45 million a year? Which will probably be around 30% of the salary cap?

Can a team be well rounded if they're spending that much money on your line on a consistent basis?

I suppose our best bet is if Mac front loaded some of the contracts (ie Wilkersons) before the other guys came off their rookie deals to balance out the cap hit
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:28:20 AM by dcm1602 »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »
They will sign for vet minimum and they will like it

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2015, 03:57:47 PM »
It's gonna come down to how much money he wants.

4-5 million a year I think there's a solid chance he returns.

More than that and I agree completley that he's gone
Hypothetically speaking how much money could the 4 of them command when all not on their rookie contracts. 40-45 million a year? Which will probably be around 30% of the salary cap?

Can a team be well rounded if they're spending that much money on your line on a consistent basis?

I suppose our best bet is if Mac front loaded some of the contracts (ie Wilkersons) before the other guys came off their rookie deals to balance out the cap hit

You are talking about Snacks and not Mo correct? Because Mo already makes more than that
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
You are talking about Snacks and not Mo correct? Because Mo already makes more than that
I'm not Italian Seafood geeze

Tags: