Author Topic: MY FINAL 2015 JET'S MOCK  (Read 2869 times)

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
MY FINAL 2015 JET'S MOCK
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:54:49 AM »
I'm not going to put in any trades, difficult to predict. 1st 3 players drafted by the Jets had visits.

I always post a Final Mock, I only picked the 1st pick once in the last 15 + years......Jonathan Vilma. So take it with a grain of salt, so it should be fun discussing it. I really wanted Kyle Fuller last year, but the Bears took him a few picks before the Jets.

1) Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston
 2) Tenn/ or another team - Marcus Mariota
 3) Jacksonvville - Dante Fowler
 4) Oakland - Leonard Williams
 5) Washington - Vic Beasley

NEW YORK JETS

Rd 1) AMARI COOPER - WR - ALABAMA - Jets take the BPA and Cooper can immediately make a significant contribution to the offense. Even with the addition of Marshall the Jets take the right player. I might be wrong, and Cooper will be gone when it falls to #6. I'm having a hard time drafting a pass rusher at #6 that isn't named Fowler.

Rd 2) GARRETT GRAYSON - QB - COLORADO STATE - Jets miss out on Mariota and take the 3rd best QB on their board. Some may feel this early for GG, his stock is on the rise and he shouldn't get out of mid Rd 2. This will be a controversial pick and many won't like it, I've gotten some negative feedback. Jets had GG in for a recent visit and a lot of teams like his potential. I could be very wrong, but I have a belief the Jets really like him. This may go against Mike M's BPA belief, but selecting a possible franchise QB should be the exception.

Rd 3) NATE ORCHARD - DE/OLB - UTAH - Good pass rusher and disruptive player. Not as athletic as a few top rushers, but productive. Combine #s hurt his stock , but some of the best pass rushers didn't have the best #s. Will only be a situational player at first, needs more refinement. Late visit to Florham Park.

Rd 4) MIKE DAVIS - RB - SOUTH CAROLINA - Good receiver and powerful runner. I'd rather have a smaller quicker back, but the choices are limited.

Rd 7) DARRIAN MILLER - OT - KENTUCKY - Solid depth and potential starter down the road. I'm disappointed I couldn't address the O-Line higher in the draft.

Rd 7) ISAIAH JOHNSON -S- GEORGIA TECH- A player under the radar for solid depth

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: MY FINAL 2015 JET'S MOCK
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »
Cooper is really good.

It's pretty obvious that I like Garrett Grayson, but taking a QB in the 2nd round would kind of pee me off.

Nate Orchard doesn't want to play in a 3-4, and that kind of pisses me off.

Mike Davis' position coach told me that he's lazy and out of shape, which kind of pisses me off.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
Cooper is really good.

It's pretty obvious that I like Garrett Grayson, but taking a QB in the 2nd round would kind of pee me off.

Nate Orchard doesn't want to play in a 3-4, and that kind of pisses me off.

Mike Davis' position coach told me that he's lazy and out of shape, which kind of pisses me off.

Sounds like you're pretty pissed off...hahaha.

I'll take Grayson in Rd 2, cause he's not going to make to Rd 3, some team will grab him in mid/late Rd 2. 

Orchard can play in a 3-4, I don't know his issue.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 12:07:07 PM »
Sounds like you're pretty pissed off...hahaha.

Always hoping for the best, preparing for the worst during this time of year.

I'll take Grayson in Rd 2, cause he's not going to make to Rd 3, some team will grab him in mid/late Rd 2.

It depends on where Hundley and Petty go.  When Winston and Mariota come off the board early, it could be a very long time before we see a QB go again.  Only four QB were taken in the first 98 picks of the 2013 draft.  I could see something similar happening.

Orchard can play in a 3-4, I don't know his issue.

I think he can too, but he can go be a rotational player as a 4-3 DE if that's what he wants.

But as far as Mike Davis goes, I want nothing to do with that guy.

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 12:17:47 PM »
Always hoping for the best, preparing for the worst during this time of year.

I get, I'm the same way. I went thru Vagina Gholston being drafted and then Geno falling to us in Rd 2 a few years ago.......I was sick to my stomach for days.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »
I'm starting to feel that Cooper will be go to the Raiders but if he's still there when we're on the clock we should rush to the podium.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »
I'm starting to feel that Cooper will be go to the Raiders but if he's still there when we're on the clock we should rush to the podium.

Pretty much

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 08:50:23 PM »

SLOPPY FATZ?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 09:56:28 PM »
SLOPPY FATZ?

Sands told me he was like 235 or something when he reported to summer workouts.

Not nearly as bad as Jamie Harper, who gained 50 pounds during his freshman season.

Freshman 15?  Nah brah, Freshman 50. 

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »

Sands told me he was like 235 or something when he reported to summer workouts.

Not nearly as bad as Jamie Harper, who gained 50 pounds during his freshman season.

Freshman 15?  Nah brah, Freshman 50.

I immediately imagined him saying "dat fresh fitty doooooee".

Tags: