Author Topic: I own a house?  (Read 42757 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: I own a house?
« Reply #405 on: May 03, 2022, 02:03:33 PM »
I noticed what I thought was brown moss/lichen growing up from my floor boards. Took a few photos and posted to the r/homeimprovemnt for questions on how to pull up the floor boards and replace them. Turns out it's mold. On the phone with insurance now and I feel really, REALLY bad about touching it to get a photo.

Is it brown fuzzy excrement?  We won a bid on a house in East Austin and the bank wouldn't approve after the inspection.   

There was serious water damage covered up by molding/paint and the hardwood floors were jacked.  Hopefully it's confined to a small area. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #406 on: May 03, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »
I noticed what I thought was brown moss/lichen growing up from my floor boards. Took a few photos and posted to the r/homeimprovemnt for questions on how to pull up the floor boards and replace them. Turns out it's mold. On the phone with insurance now and I feel really, REALLY bad about touching it to get a photo.

hopefully you cut off the offending hand.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #407 on: May 03, 2022, 02:13:25 PM »
Is it brown fuzzy excrement?  We won a bid on a house in East Austin and the bank wouldn't approve after the inspection.   

There was serious water damage covered up by molding/paint and the hardwood floors were jacked.  Hopefully it's confined to a small area. 

It is the brown fuzzy excrement. Not sure how long it has been there, but the visible affected area looks like it's about 10-15 ft2. A few warped spots in the hardwood plus discoloration and visible mold.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #408 on: May 03, 2022, 02:31:54 PM »
It is the brown fuzzy excrement. Not sure how long it has been there, but the visible affected area looks like it's about 10-15 ft2. A few warped spots in the hardwood plus discoloration and visible mold.

godspeed

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #409 on: May 03, 2022, 02:41:44 PM »
godspeed

Waiting for the claims adjuster to get back to me.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2022, 09:26:06 AM »
Found the culprit. The developers either cracked the cleanout plug on the tie-in line for my upstairs neighbor's sewage or installed one that was already broken.

Bout to find out where the project lead lives and go full Amber Heard in his place.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2022, 10:16:14 AM »
Found the culprit. The developers either cracked the cleanout plug on the tie-in line for my upstairs neighbor's sewage or installed one that was already broken.

Bout to find out where the project lead lives and go full Amber Heard in his place.
Oh man, it's excrement?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2022, 10:54:35 AM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2022, 09:05:59 AM »
Contractor doing estimate: Since your floorboards are continuous we're probably going to have to replace all of them, including ripping out the cabinets since the original developer put floor boards under there.

Me: Get the freak out of my house.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #414 on: May 17, 2022, 09:10:47 AM »
Contractor doing estimate: Since your floorboards are continuous we're probably going to have to replace all of them, including ripping out the cabinets since the original developer put floor boards under there.

maybe JE can give you hand...he likes to dig holes and install toilets.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #415 on: May 17, 2022, 02:50:53 PM »

Lol, that sounds like my reaction.

Fortunately I'm in an area of Long Island where there are so many contractors, roofers, masons, plumbers, landscapers within a stone's throw.
Plenty of estimates and opinions to get, and the crappy ones tend to disappear after a while....kind of like bagel places or Chinese food places in the area. Yet it's always a throw of the dice as a homeowner.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #416 on: May 17, 2022, 02:55:21 PM »

I'm in an area of Long Island

See you at the tailgate then?

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #417 on: May 17, 2022, 03:15:43 PM »

See you at the tailgate then?

Haha, i've been hoping for a while. I will do my best.
Hard to convince wife "good luck with the toddler and working this weekend...daddy is getting f--ked up and Jets Chanting for the next 20-something hours."

Again, though, I would love it if/when I can make it work. By the time the kid is in college, I promise. With his CRT And Flag-Kneeling Degree.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #418 on: June 20, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »
nothing like coming home from a mini vacation to a flood in the basement.

The arcades live as do the memorabilia and my electronics by the tv so it could've been much, much worse.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #419 on: June 20, 2022, 07:45:07 PM »
nothing like coming home from a mini vacation to a flood in the basement.

The arcades live as do the memorabilia and my electronics by the tv so it could've been much, much worse.

The only time I’m glad I don’t have a basement is when someone tells me their’s flooded

Tags: