Author Topic: 2015 JetOffensive 7 round mock - draft classes  (Read 5271 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2015 JetOffensive 7 round mock - draft classes
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »
JJ will have to go through a couple star wars during training camp in Arizona to make that roster. 

In the seventh round I was happy to throw other things out the window and take a guy with an elite trait, speed and hope he can harness it and become a good football player. If he doesn't make it, oh well. Can never have too many good playmakers on your roster IMO.
Need a new one for a new board...

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 09:19:51 PM »

Only if the force awakens for him.

It's not like he's going into the darkness or anything, smaller guys have lead a revolution of sorts lately as return men and slot receivers.

In the seventh round I was happy to throw other things out the window and take a guy with an elite trait, speed and hope he can harness it and become a good football player. If he doesn't make it, oh well. Can never have too many good playmakers on your roster IMO.

He was a person of interest for me later on in the draft, but I just opted against him. While he tested well, he strides like he's running through a cloverfield, very choppy steps. It's more track than football speed. Plus if I'm taking a returner, I like his alias to be a running back rather than a WR, just better vision.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 11:34:52 PM »

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 05:31:27 AM »

It's nice to see you wowed by my ridiculously simple draft plan. ::)
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »
It's nice to see you wowed by my ridiculously simple draft plan. ::)

You still don't get what's going on in this thread?

Sir

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 10:51:42 AM »
Kansas City Chiefs
17. Cameron Erving - OL - Florida St.- Best interior lineman in the draft.  Offers massive versatility and can concivably play all 5 OL positions.
49. Benardrick McKinney - LB - Mississippi State- Did not make the pick, but offers a strong option at ILB for the Chiefs.  Definitely a need.
80. Nelson Agholor - WR - USC- Chiefs had the worst WR's in the league last year.  Maclin and Agholor will change that.  Steal this late, great fit in this offense.
98. Lorenzo Mauldin - DE/LB - Louisville- Hali and Houston are not long for Kansas City and although they have Dee Ford, they need more depth.  I'm quite a fan of Mauldin.
118. Charles Gaines - CB - Louisville- Fiesty, solid coverage corner who can start in the nickel.
172. Kenny Bell - WR - Nebraska-  underrated, solid #3 type of receiver.  Maclin, Agholor and Bell have teh makings of a nice WR corps.
173. Kansas City Chiefs*:  MyCole Pruitt - TE - Southern Illinois- Adds a #2 TE behind Kelce, could be big red zone threat.
192 Chaz Green - OL - Florida- Underrated Offensive lineman who, if he can stay healthy, has a chance at being a starter on the outside or at guard.
217 Ellis McCarthy - DL - UCLA- Looked like a top 3 round player entering the year, talent isn't the question, injuries are.
233 Louis Trinca-Pasat - DL - Iowa- Won't be a star, might not even be a starter, but will be a rotational player for years with his motor and willingness to give it his all.  Overshadowed by Carl Davis.

Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Leonard Williams - DL - USC-  BPA.  Not a huge need but has a chance at being a huge difference maker.
36. Eli Harold - DE/OLB - Virginia- Perfect fit for the LEO in Gus Bradley's D.
67. Tevin Coleman - RB - Indiana- They were interested in Murray and Tevin has a similar game.  Nice fit with Denard Robinson.
103. Kurtis Drummond - S - Michigan State- Nice coverage skills and should be a nice fit at FS next to Cyprien.
139. Vince Mayle - WR - Washington State- All he does is produce.  Has nice NFL fize.  Robinson, Lee, Mayle, Thomas is a nice WR/TE group for this young team.
179 Jeff Luc - LB - Cincinnati- Best player not invited to the combine.  Should get drafted higher than this.  Potentially fills a need in the LB corps.
220 Donald Celiscar - CB - Western Michigan- One of my favorite DB sleepers this year.  Has a chance to be a real solid player and starter imo.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
New England Patriots*

1 (32) Breshad Perriman - WR - Central Florida
2 (64) PJ Williams - CB - Florida State
3 (96) Leterrius Walton - DL - Central Michigan
3 (96) Ben Heeney - LB - Kansas
4 (101) David Johnson - RB - Northern Iowa
4 (131) Chris Conley - WR - Georgia
6 (177) Tyeler Davison - DL - Fresno State
7 (219) Tray Walker - CB - Texas Southern
7 (253) RJ Harris - WR - New Hampshire

Their roster is already pretty loaded up, so early on I went for players that I think can compete to contribute right away. 

1.  Breshad Perriman gives them the vertical threat they've lacked since Randy Moss left New England.

2.  PJ Williams will slip a bit because of the recent DUI, but he's a steal that late in the second round.  He was too good to pass on, especially for a team with cornerback woes. 

3.  Ben Heeney and Leterrius Walton should become immediate role players that can grow into starters down the road.  Heeney should be a special teams monster that will provide depth behind all three starting linebackers.  Walton can play in multiple fronts and is more than likely an upgrade over Chris Jones, who's overachieved for NE inside. 

4.  David Johnson and Chris Conley were sitting at or near the top of my board when the picks were made.  Johnson gives them a receiving threat out of the backfield to fill the void left by Shane Vereen's departure.  He will be a solid complimentary back to Blount.  Chris Conley is sort of an insurance policy behind Perriman.  Another speedster that has tools to develop.  NE is a great spot for him because they have an established QB and continuity on offense.  He should be a force on special teams as well. 

6.  Tyeler Davison is an underrated interior defensive line prospect that can make a 53 man roster as a rotational lineman.  Tackling machine.

7.  Tray Walker and RJ Harris are two small school sleepers that can be developed.  Walker is 6'2 and those kind of corners are starting to take over the league.  Harris had ridiculous production at New Hampshire.

Carolina Panthers

1 (25) Jake Fisher - OT - Oregon
2 (57) Shaq Thompson - LB/S - Washington
3 (89) Rashad Greene - WR - Florida State
4 (124) Tyler Varga - RB - Yale
5 (161) Jacoby Glenn - CB - Central Florida
5 (169) Thomas Rawls - RB - Central Michigan
6 (200) Frank Clark - DL - Michigan
6 (213) JaCorey Shepherd - CB - Kansas
7 (242) Norkeithus Otis - LB - North Carolina

1.  There was a run on offensive tackles early and Carolina desperately needs to protect their franchise QB.  Fisher has a ton of tools to work with at the position and has what it takes to play on the blindside at the NFL level.

2.  Shaq Thompson was simply the best player available.  Carolina always has great athletes at linebacker, so he should fit in nicely.  I could see him get some looks at safety as well.

3.  Rashad Greene gives Cam Newton a reliable target.  In line to be Jerricho Cotchery's successor between the hashes. 

4.  Tyler Varga is just a bruiser that would compete for double-digit touches early in Carolina.  To me, he's a true running back, but he'll obviously get looks as a fullback too.  He'd fit nicely into that role Mike Tolbert (contract expires after the season) plays for Carolina.

5.  Jacoby Glenn and Thomas Rawls were BPA picks for me.  Glenn probably made a mistake leaving early, but he showed ballhawking ability at UCF and that will hopefully translate.  Had Rawls remained at Michigan, he'd be much bigger prospect than he is right now.  The kid is a workhorse that can be a feature back in a game where that is going away.  The Panthers RB stable is bone-dry.  Varga and Rawls will give them quality looks out there.

6.  Frank Clark and JaCorey Shepherd were also BPA picks.  Clark fell because of character red flags.  He's a high motored animal on the edge that will be a solid role player early with developmental promise.  Shepherd just gets his hands on the football.  He's very good in press coverage and should compete for an inside corner job immediately.

7.  Norkeithus Otis dealt with a hamstring injury for most of the season.  He's undersized, but he can cover well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 06:01:39 PM by Heismanberg »

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
May as well do the analysis for my picks

Minnesota Vikings

1 (11) - WR DeVante Parker, Louisville - The obvious choice if there. Re-unite Parker with the Bridgegod = profit. May seem like overkill with the Vikings WR corps but I'd take him over Waynes 10/10 times.
2 (45) - LB Denzel Perryman, Miami - Perryman should be a solid NFL player. Vikings have a hole at ILB that Perryman would easily be able to fill up. A bit undersized for 4-3 MLB, could possibly slide out to OLB if needed if Greenway continues his decline.
3 (76) - CB Alex Carter, Stanford - Vikings looking for press corners, Carter isn't the greatest at press but he works hard at it and could develop there. Nice tackler too, which Zimmer looks for. Could slide into FS if Blanton contiues to struggle as well.
4 (110) - OL Jeremiah Poutasi, Utah - Vikings have a major hole at LG, Poutasi should be able to compete with David Yankey similar to our Slauson-Ducasse competition of a few years ago. Not a bad option.
7 (228) - RB Terrell Watson, Azusa Pacific - Watson runs with some nice power. I don't think he'll ever be a special NFL RB, but he should be a solid compliment to McKinnon who can probably handle a majority of the carries if needed.
7 (232) - S Chris Hackett, TCU - Vikings have a nice starter in Harrison Smith, Hackett should be a solid depth/ST player. Nothing special athletically but plays very intelligently at the S position.

[Also, I should have had 137 as it states Buffalo (from TB/BUF) but it's obviously too late now]

Houston Texans

1 (16) - OLB Bud Dupree, Kentucky - Texans need rush LB depth, why not just pick up the BPA? Dupree should develop nicely across from Clowney in the way that Whitney Mercilus never managed to do.
2 (51) - WR Sammie Coates, Auburn - Coates is a bit raw for now, but can develop nicely as long as he puts more concentration into his hands. Can develop for a year, or maybe a few games, until Cecil Shorts leaves/gets inevitably injured.
3 (82) - CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon - Texans didn't have a good slot last year after Brice McCain left, Ekpre-Olomu is coming off of that ACL but can probably come in and immediately be a factor at some point mid-way through the season. With J-Jo starting to decline, Houston needs another CB option outside of Kareem Jackson
4 (116) - LB Hayes Pullard, USC - I've picked Pullard in both mocks. Isn't a great run stopper but his pass coverage ability is pretty underrated. With Brooks Reed leaving, Pullard may be able to compete for a starting spot and/or fill in for Brian Cushing when he gets inevitably injured.
5 (152) - RB Josh Robinson, Mississippi State - Robinson didn't have a great combine, but is a nice pickup in the 5th round. Much better player than Alfred Blue and could be a Tate-type player for Houston. He also can do things like this: http://gfycat.com/ViciousDangerousIrishdraughthorse
5 (174) - TE Wes Saxton, Southern Alabama - Speedy option that can develop into a decent pass catcher next to Garrett Graham. Just going for athletic ability at a position of relative need for Houston, as Graham is nothing special and there's nothing under him. Should be at least a serviceable move TE.
6 (194) - WR DeAndre Smelter, Georgia Tech - We'd be talking about Smelter as a 3rd round guy if he didn't tear his ACL. Great size/speed and surprisingly good hands. A steal for the Texans - Smelter could be a good backup option to Coates, and possibly even a spot starter, not necessarily from the get-go though.
6 (211) - OL Robert Myers, Tennessee State - A depth pick here. Not an amazing athlete but he's relatively strong. Doesn't necessarily fit the Texans blocking scheme for now but he has a high ceiling and decent enough technical ability to be able to in the future. Might as well take a chance here.
6 (216) - DT David Parry, Stanford - Was watching Henry Anderson and Parry surprised me. A bit short but he gets some nice push and has a nice first step. Texans don't have much at DE besides the best player in the NFL, Parry may be able to compete for a starting job from the outset. Decent rotational pass rush guy for the position, at least.
7 (235) - S Kyshoen Jarrett, Virginia Tech - Probably more of an ST guy, but he's pretty similar to Swearinger in terms of play style. Should be a decent backup option at SS and I could see him as a very good contributor on ST.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »
Has anyone seen Joy Ride?

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 07:25:02 PM »