Author Topic: Dzokhar Tsarnaev found guilty on all charges  (Read 9708 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Dzokhar Tsarnaev found guilty on all charges
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 02:46:02 PM »
And that's where justice isn't served.

Let the scumbag live, but make it awful. Let him pay for every life he took or ruined.

If he goes to prison, he'll be put in a private cell to rot and be forgotten about. Literally the entire purpose of what he set out to achieve will be cancelled out, because he wanted to be known and talked about and celebrated and none of those things will happen. He won't be a martyr or an inspiration or a symbol, he'll be a sad little man living the most pointless life until his unremarked and unnoticed death many purposeless years in the future.

That's the right course of action, not publicly parading his head on a stick to polarise and publicise extremes.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 02:51:12 PM »

If he goes to prison, he'll be put in a private cell to rot and be forgotten about. Literally the entire purpose of what he set out to achieve will be cancelled out, because he wanted to be known and talked about and celebrated and none of those things will happen. He won't be a martyr or an inspiration or a symbol, he'll be a sad little man living the most pointless life until his unremarked and unnoticed death many purposeless years in the future.

That's the right course of action, not publicly parading his head on a stick to polarise and publicise extremes.

How do you know that's what he wants?
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 02:56:46 PM »
How do you know that's what he wants?

Because if I wanted to kill the maximum number of people possible and then get away without being caught, I wouldn't choose a high profile event with TV and security cameras everywhere. It wasn't his plan - his brother was supposedly the brains behind the operation - but publicity was absolutely a key part of it, as it usually is in terrorist attacks.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »

Can they at least castrate him first?

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 02:58:07 PM »
That won't happen though. That's why death is the only sensible option here for justice. 60 years of free room, board, entertainment, and alone time? I'd rather him have that for a few years while counting down the days until he dies. It's mental torture.

If you know you are going to die, you make peace with it and accept it.

If you have to rot in the dark for half a century, you go freaking apeshit crazy and the mind breaks down into nothing.

Option 2 is better

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Dzokhar Tsarnaev found guilty on all charges
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 02:59:38 PM »
Because if I wanted to kill the maximum number of people possible and then get away without being caught, I wouldn't choose a high profile event with TV and security cameras everywhere. It wasn't his plan - his brother was supposedly the brains behind the operation - but publicity was absolutely a key part of it, as it usually is in terrorist attacks.

Maybe that's what his brother wanted, but we have no way of knowing if deep down if Dz wants that anymore. For all we know he desperately wants to avoid the death penalty and live out his remaining years studying the Koran or some excrement.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:06:07 PM by Tommy »
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:36 PM »
Maybe that's what his brother wanted, but we have no way of knowing if deep down if Dz wants that anymore. For all we know he desperately wants to avoid the death penalty and live out his remaining years studying the Korean or some excrement.

Hahahah awesome!

You didn't edit fast enough.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:10:53 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »
Maybe that's what his brother wanted, but we have no way of knowing if deep down if Dz wants that anymore. For all we know he desperately wants to avoid the death penalty and live out his remaining years studying the Koran or some excrement.

That's possible, but if that's the case then you have to ask whether it's better to kill someone who doesn't wish to be killed and make him a cause celebre to others, or tuck him away somewhere he can never be heard from or thought about again. If nothing else, it's been widely proven to be cheaper to incarcerate than to execute. You're sending him to prison, not getting him a corner suite at the Waldorf.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 03:10:55 PM »
His punishment:  He must respond to every post on TGG.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »

That's possible, but if that's the case then you have to ask whether it's better to kill someone who doesn't wish to be killed and make him a cause celebre to others, or tuck him away somewhere he can never be heard from or thought about again. If nothing else, it's been widely proven to be cheaper to incarcerate than to execute. You're sending him to prison, not getting him a corner suite at the Waldorf.

You know, that reminds me of a Russian mob thing called "killing someone several times over" or some excrement. They'd kidnap someone, and cut off their hand. Then they'd let the guy suffer for a few months. Kidnap him again and cut off a leg. Wait another few months, then cut out his eyeballs, etc. Each time making the person wish they were dead. Eventually the poor guy just does it himself.

That could be an option here.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 03:17:52 PM »
You know, that reminds me of a Russian mob thing called "killing someone several times over" or some excrement. They'd kidnap someone, and cut off their hand. Then they'd let the guy suffer for a few months. Kidnap him again and cut off a leg. Wait another few months, then cut out his eyeballs, etc. Each time making the person wish they were dead. Eventually the poor guy just does it himself.

Much as I have no doubt that the idea of dealing with savagery by responding with savagery appeals to you, much like I presume you treat burns by setting fire to yourself, it's obviously not a very good plan for a number of reasons. I think you know that though.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »

Put my vote down for this option.

I agree that death is too good for someone like this.

So make their life a living hell.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
Much as I have no doubt that the idea of dealing with savagery by responding with savagery appeals to you, much like I presume you treat burns by setting fire to yourself, it's obviously not a very good plan for a number of reasons. I think you know that though.
There might be less fires if we set arsonist on fire.

Just sayin

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 03:35:36 PM »
There might be less fires if we set arsonist on fire.

Just sayin

a) Fewer, not less

b) It's possible, but it's far more likely that there would be more. For a start there'd be the ones that you're setting, for a second you're legitimising arson by giving the state the right to do it, and for a third you're normalising and reducing the impact of fire by creating more of it. Let's add crime and punishment to the list of things that you shouldn't be allowed to have any influence over.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »
a) Fewer, not less

b) It's possible, but it's far more likely that there would be more. For a start there'd be the ones that you're setting, for a second you're legitimising arson by giving the state the right to do it, and for a third you're normalising and reducing the impact of fire by creating more of it. Let's add crime and punishment to the list of things that you shouldn't be allowed to have any influence over.
So does putting people in jail encourage people to hold people prisoner?

Tags: