Author Topic: JohnnyE's Professional Wrestling Thread!  (Read 42423 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: JohnnyE's Professional Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 11:25:06 AM »
Randy Savage beating the excrement out of Ricky Steamboat in the old Boston Garden was a traumatizing moment as a child for me. I remember Jesse Ventura screaming to Gorilla Monsoon that "Savage is gonna kill him" as he has Steamboat's throat on the outside stanchions while jumping off the top rope and bashing the starting bell over his neck.

Also remember King Kong Bundy giving Hulk Hogan the avalanche like 20 times in a row on Saturday Night's Main Event not long after that. Crazy excrement. I thought he was gonna die too.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:27:04 AM by guinness77 »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 06:07:36 PM »

Randy Savage beating the excrement out of Ricky Steamboat in the old Boston Garden was a traumatizing moment as a child for me. I remember Jesse Ventura screaming to Gorilla Monsoon that "Savage is gonna kill him" as he has Steamboat's throat on the outside stanchions while jumping off the top rope and bashing the starting bell over his neck.

Was that the fight where he pulled out brass knuckles he had hidden in junk?  I know he won his first belt in the brass knuckle fight.  Think it was called the Intercontinental belt back then.

Nope.  It was Tito Santana in 86.  Macho Man had only been in the WWF for 7 months.  What I said were brass knuckles is described as a foreign object.  Still was hidden in his junk though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2017, 07:39:55 AM »
I watched Wrestlemania last night, and it was trash.

Wrestling hasn't been remotely interesting since the late 90s.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »
I watched Wrestlemania last night, and it was trash.

Wrestling hasn't been remotely interesting since the late 90s.

Unfortunately, I thought they had it all in reverse, and it shows how fucked up their booking strategy was/is.

Unless you have guys with the charisma of a Rock, Stone Cold, Savage or Hogan, you cannot book your show to where the guys that are clearly going to put the best match on the card go on first. I knew as soon as AJ and Shane were done working, that was it from a workmanship point of view and it was all downhill from there. Reigns can't carry a main event as a babyface. It's not possible. They've been trying for three years now. That Cena match should've led off. No one gave a excrement and we could've gotten the whole proposal thing completely out of the way with an antsy crowd still anticipating the good matches that were on the card (thought Jericho-Owens was also good) still to come.

I have no idea why Wyatt lost to Orton. Because when you already have a bankable star who doesn't need a belt, you should totally put him over a young, budding superstar who really needs the win.

Bork vs Oldberg was what it was, and truthfully I actually enjoyed it. Brock is so believable I don't mind watching him just shitcan people.

Hardy's got a tremendous pop because Jeff has always been a star in that company and Matt has completely re-invented himself over the last year. There's trademark issues with the gimmick he was using, so we'll see if they drop it or if WWE dares a smaller company to sue.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »
I saw Wrestlemania up to right before the first ladies match. I haven't really watched wrestling in about 10 years. I would have been really disappointed had I stayed to watch the whole thing. I can't stand Cena and I like Miz. I like Jericho. And Taker losing at Wrestlemania again is a load of horse excrement.

Shane-O-Mack is a god amongst men though. For a dude that has absolutely no need to even step into the ring, he does the most ridiculous stunts.

I only regret missing the Hardys.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2017, 02:06:22 PM »
i watched a stream. was sure nice of wwe to kill the crowd after the rollins/hhh match with a freaking pitbull concert

undertaker is ancient and its about time he retires, he's been barely able to move the last few years

i hope the hardys use the broken gimmick tonight, but based on jeff hardy coming out as jeff, i doubt it. shame cause its great

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »
Ric Flair is in ICU.  Don't you take Slick Ric God!  Kick out Ric!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:06:13 PM by bojanglesman »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »
Saw this on Twitter, made me laugh.

Ric flair came into the bar I work in, got shitty, pissed all over the bathroom, and tried to talk our bartenders into 3some.
Get well Ric.

He would have ruled our tailgate.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 05:05:58 PM »
Ric Flair is in ICU.  Don't you take Slick Ric God!  Kick out Ric!

Doesn't sound like he's in great shape.

http://www.edge.ca/syn/123/49711/ric-flair-former-wwe-star-hospitalized-with-tough-medical-issues
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2017, 09:07:16 PM »
if you've met criteria for ICU admission it's definitely not for just 'routine monitoring'. you have to be pretty sick and require a much higher level of monitoring/medications/interventions to be in the ICU

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2017, 05:55:45 PM »
Jesus H.... why did I even partially read that
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
Ric Flair 30 for 30 tonight. Woooooooo!!!!

In all seriousness I've heard its really good.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2017, 10:37:55 PM »
I stayed up and watched the Ric Flair 30 for 30. It was awesome. Don't need to like wrestling to enjoy it. One of the best 30 for 30s I've seen if not the best.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »
I stayed up and watched the Ric Flair 30 for 30. It was awesome. Don't need to like wrestling to enjoy it. One of the best 30 for 30s I've seen if not the best.

Thanks I'll pass.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: