Author Topic: Election 2016  (Read 331356 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Election 2016
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:13:23 AM »

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Election 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:18:36 AM »
Might as well kick this off.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/ted-cruz-my-music-tastes-changed-on-911/

It's better TV than most sitcoms, even though the acting isn't as good.

It wasn't Justified good, but it was better than Two and a Half Men.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 01:26:49 PM »
Sweet baby jeebus, Ted Cruz's dad is a comedic goldmine.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 01:32:48 PM »
It's better TV than most sitcoms, even though the acting isn't as good.

It wasn't Justified good, but it was better than Two and a Half Men.

If he likes Banshee I am out.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »
I can't remember the last time I didn't give a excrement about an election. The older I get the more apolitical I become.

And that's not because I have a lack of views. I have no problem sharing my thoughts on what's going on. I just hate politicians.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
As someone with no republican to even consider voting for in 2016 (I'll at least hear what Jeb and Paul have to say though), I am thrilled Cruz is in first.  The primary debates are going to be must see TV.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 02:34:51 PM »
Cruz is a moron, I don't want another 8 years of an Obama clone. Jeb Bush sucks as well. good lord the choices in 16' is going to be no different than Death or Ooga Booga.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »
As someone with no republican to even consider voting for in 2016 (I'll at least hear what Jeb and Paul have to say though), I am thrilled Cruz is in first.  The primary debates are going to be must see TV.

I think I mentioned this in the politics thread, but Rand Paul will say two things I really agree with followed by another thing that makes me want to give up on him completely.

Unfortunately this will not improve on the campaign trail, as every candidate will doubtlessly start pandering to the idiots.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 02:44:31 PM »
I think I mentioned this in the politics thread, but Rand Paul will say two things I really agree with followed by another thing that makes me want to give up on him completely.

Unfortunately this will not improve on the campaign trail, as every candidate will doubtlessly start pandering to the idiots.

I don't see Jeb and Paul folding completely to the crazies on the right, as every other candidate surely will.

If Paul can put a truly consistent message together without bowing to the baggers, he will quickly gain some interest from independents, and moderates on both sides of the aisle.

Jeb needs to distance himself from his brother.  He's immensely more intelligent.  If he can do it I would imagine he comes out as the nominee.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 02:48:28 PM »
I don't see Jeb and Paul folding completely to the crazies on the right, as every other candidate surely will.

If Paul can put a truly consistent message together without bowing to the baggers, he will quickly gain some interest from independents, and moderates on both sides of the aisle.

After seeing the decline of John McCain between 2000 and 2008, I won't believe any Republican candidate is immune to it until I see it.

Jeb needs to distance himself from his brother.  He's immensely more intelligent.  If he can do it I would imagine he comes out as the nominee.

What will democrats do if he wins the nom? They already shot their wad on denouncing McCain as Bush 2.0.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:50:23 PM by Badger »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 02:51:13 PM »
Cruz is a moron, I don't want another 8 years of an Obama clone. Jeb Bush sucks as well. good lord the choices in 16' is going to be no different than Death or Ooga Booga.

Elizabeth Warren would be awesome, but her chances of getting elected are only marginally better than mine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 03:28:46 PM »
After seeing the decline of John McCain between 2000 and 2008, I won't believe any Republican candidate is immune to it until I see it.

McCain's fall from moderate land was sad to watch.  I was a fan of his long ago.

What will democrats do if he wins the nom? They already shot their wad on denouncing McCain as Bush 2.0.

Well, to be fair, McCain was basically Dubya 2.0 in 2008.  Jeb is very different than Dubya.  He will just need to prove it.  Assuming Jeb is running against Hillary, I sort of think their baggage will even each other out.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 03:31:47 PM »
Elizabeth Warren would be awesome, but her chances of getting elected are only marginally better than mine.

If she got past Hillary, which is highly unlikely, I think she would energize the democratic base and  get a higher voter turnout.  Also, the anyone but Hillary crowd on the right might not bother going to the polls.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
Its been too long since a Bush or Clinton was in office.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 03:40:17 PM »
I am all for making it longer.