Author Topic: lol9ers  (Read 19581 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: lol9ers
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2022, 08:28:47 PM »
didnt even give kaep a tryout *shakes head*

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2022, 06:27:16 PM »
Brock Purdy/Breece Hall (ISU, 2021) - most badass name pairing since Brock Landers/Chest Rockwell

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2023, 11:44:52 AM »
Edit

Sounds like the reports of Purdy needing Tommy John are premature
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 03:48:08 PM by dcm1602 »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2023, 08:23:32 PM »
NBC Sports' Matt Maiocco believes Sam Darnold "might be ... the most talented thrower" in 49ers history.
“He might be — can I say this — the most talented thrower of the football that the 49ers have ever had,” Maiocco said in a recent radio interview with KNBR. “Let’s just put him in the very high echelon of guys who can just drop back in the pocket and throw the football. I think that he hasn’t really had any chance to succeed since his college days are over. I think he’s had four head coaches in five years, five offensive coordinators in five years. He’s a talented guy.” It's quite the claim, one sure to upset both Niners fans and people old enough to remember Steve Young and Joe Montana. Darnold made great strides in resurrecting his career in the final couple months of the 2022 season, proving efficient for a run-heavy Carolina offense. Only five QBs had a higher EPA per play than Darnold from Week 12-18. He posted a career-high 8.2 adjusted yards per attempt. Darnold is expected to split first-team reps with Trey Lance this offseason and could see multiple starts for the 49ers if Brock Purdy (elbow) isn't ready for the start of the regular season.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2023, 01:36:16 AM »
Part of the reason he’s had 4 head coaches and 5 OCs in 5 years is because Sam has been very bad. If he was good, people wouldn’t have been firing OCs left and right to get someone else who might have been a better fit to help Sam reach his potential.
Need a new one for a new board...

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2023, 11:36:37 AM »
i am not excusing sam's poor play and his subpar career thus far. he had both some bad teams and some nice weapons in carolina, but made nothing of it.

however, if there's any team that can make sam look good, it's the 49ers and shanahan.

he was always a nice kid and put blame/responsibility on himself, and we got nice draft picks for him, so i can't hold any grudges

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2023, 01:42:32 PM »
i am not excusing sam's poor play and his subpar career thus far. he had both some bad teams and some nice weapons in carolina, but made nothing of it.

however, if there's any team that can make sam look good, it's the 49ers and shanahan.

he was always a nice kid and put blame/responsibility on himself, and we got nice draft picks for him, so i can't hold any grudges

Getting reasonable compensation for Sam is more than offset by the fact  we drafted Zach with a much more valuable pick, which is a pick we likely could've traded down to a QB needy team

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2023, 02:06:28 PM »
Getting reasonable compensation for Sam is more than offset by the fact  we drafted Zach with a much more valuable pick, which is a pick we likely could've traded down to a QB needy team

we missed with zach but one move's success has nothing to do with the other's failure. it was time to move on from sam. if we held onto him we'd still be in the QB purgatory we were in prior to getting rodgers, and we would have gotten nowhere near the return for sam if we traded him at a later time.

even with missing on zach, we used sam's picks to build up the team and we were still able to pull a move for rodgers a couple of years later, with a roster as good as it's ever been in the last 12 years.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2023, 02:27:37 PM »
we missed with zach but one move's success has nothing to do with the other's failure. it was time to move on from sam. if we held onto him we'd still be in the QB purgatory we were in prior to getting rodgers, and we would have gotten nowhere near the return for sam if we traded him at a later time.

even with missing on zach, we used sam's picks to build up the team and we were still able to pull a move for rodgers a couple of years later, with a roster as good as it's ever been in the last 12 years.

One moves success has everything to do with the others failure.

There's 0 chance we draft Zach Wilson if we decided to stick with Sam.

You can argue that trading Sam is the right move, but the moves are completely connected

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2023, 05:45:20 PM »
sam is QB2 in SF, not lance

i know he had more 'weapons' on the panthers but time revealed that he was again subject to a shitty coaching infrastructure with carolina. still not as bad as being punished with gase and loggains; we essentially put this kid in QB purgatory during the key developmental period of his career. if there is one gay that can make anything of sam's career, it's shanahan

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2023, 05:49:08 PM »
Learning some new things about Shanahan here.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2023, 05:52:15 PM »
Learning some new things about Shanahan here.

lmao
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2023, 01:16:54 PM »
One moves success has everything to do with the others failure.

There's 0 chance we draft Zach Wilson if we decided to stick with Sam.

You can argue that trading Sam is the right move, but the moves are completely connected

If we had decided to stick with Sam, there's a good chance that we would have been the team that traded for Russ last year (maybe Watson too, though I doubt that). All things considered, I prefer this timeline.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 01:19:10 PM by Andrew Ryan »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2023, 03:46:57 PM »
Purdy in concussion protocol, likely Darnold-time.  I expect him to look like Montana out there.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2023, 04:38:49 PM »
If we had decided to stick with Sam, there's a good chance that we would have been the team that traded for Russ last year (maybe Watson too, though I doubt that). All things considered, I prefer this timeline.
I was all in on Watson before the bad stuff came up. Thought it made a ton of sense with our draft capital and QB need.

I think the accusations really screwed him up mentally. And I'm not saying he's a victim. The victims are the victims. But purely football speaking, I think the whole ordeal screwed him up. He went from being the golden child to being a pariah, deservedly so.

Tags: 49ers