Author Topic: Bowles New Defense  (Read 6684 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Bowles New Defense
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 08:03:52 AM »
"Hey Duff, think I could maybe get a just a little help in the secondary?"

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
Lol

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »
Interesting note- Arizona's 3rd CB (Powers) played 70.3% of the snaps last year.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 10:02:27 AM »
Interesting note- Arizona's 3rd CB (Powers) played 70.3% of the snaps last year.

Skrine is a starter in this scheme. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 10:04:25 AM »

Skrine is a starter in this scheme.

Just need this comment to die already. Keeps showing up as new.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »
Just need this comment to die already. Keeps showing up as new.

The Heismanposting glitch is designed to make people reply in order to make the thread stop showing up as unread, thus increasing forum activity.

#conspiracy

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17:54 AM »
You know, we were all thinking it would make sense for the Jets to mask their deficiencies at linebacker by switching to a 4-3 scheme.  Instead, Bowles will likely mask it by having a excrement-ton of DBs on the field.  Same end result, just from the backend, not the DL. 

Manish:
Bowles’ reliance on defensive backs turned the Cardinals defense into the most aggressive unit in the league the past two seasons. Bowles used six defensive backs about half the time (555 snaps) last season, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The Cardinals had six or more defensive backs on the field for an eye-opening 619 snaps. Bowles had six or more defensive backs on the field more than twice as often as four or fewer.

With our secondary last year, I never thought in a million years we could have upgraded enough to even consider our secondary a strength.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:19:47 AM by bojanglesman »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 10:19:53 AM »
You know, we were all thinking it would make sense for the Jets to mask their deficiencies at linebacker by switching to a 4-3 scheme.  Instead, Bowles will likely mask it by having a excrement-ton of DBs on the field.  Same end result, just from the backend, not the DL. 

With our secondary last year, I never thought in a million years we could have upgraded enough to even consider our secondary a strength.

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 10:28:54 AM »
Get an edge rusher and this defense has serious potential.

just have to hope we have good luck in the injury department

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 09:01:32 PM »
nyjets.com:

Pryor had some interesting positional news for EA and Jets fans in today's interview.
"They already told me what my role will be. I'm going to be strong safety. I'm not going to be playing free anymore," he said. "So I'm going to be back to my old self, doing what I do, being down in the box."
Pryor, a.k.a. "the Louisville Slugger" for his hard-hitting box play in college that earned him a first-round call from the Jets, said he played more free than he anticipated last season. Even though he acknowledged playing more in space helped him with his pro development, it also led to what he said was a "more bad than good" first NFL season.
"I was placed in some positions that in college I wouldn't normally do," he said, adding that today's news from the staff "was music to my ears. That made my day go better. I'm definitely enjoying it."

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »
How about that freak head work on getting to meetings and more importantly, getting to them on time. Stop doing what you do man.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 09:08:49 PM »
How about that freak head work on getting to meetings and more importantly, getting to them on time. Stop doing what you do man.

Meetingstapo

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »

nyjets.com:

No rookie is going to be successful unless he's placed in a comfortable position as he makes his adjustment. I just don't get taking a guy who doesn't fit or who you plan on putting into a position/defense not suited to his talent.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 02:44:35 AM »
I think he was also a victim of the circumstances. Rex designed his role trying to mask the deficiencies of our horrendous secondary. With the revamped unit, Pryor will do what he does best, it remains to be seen if it's good enough to be a NFL starter.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 05:48:20 AM »

I think he was also a victim of the circumstances. Rex designed his role trying to mask the deficiencies of our horrendous secondary. With the revamped unit, Pryor will do what he does best, it remains to be seen if it's good enough to be a NFL starter.

I just don't see how Rex could have seen Pryor and thought it would work out without making other, significant adjustments to the secondary, like you said we just did.  It masked the other deficiencies by creating a new one.

Tags: