Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180417 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: lolphins
« Reply #615 on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:21 AM »
What was the context though? "Horrible" that he was drafted, or "horrible" after seeing him kiss his bf on live TV. The latter isn't exactly anti-gay.

The latter isn't anti-gay, it just means you're secretly gay.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #616 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
What was the context though? "Horrible" that he was drafted, or "horrible" after seeing him kiss his bf on live TV. The latter isn't exactly anti-gay.

Somehow I doubt he would have said 'horrible' if it had been a guy kissing his girlfriend on TV.  I'm not sure what it says about a person if a man kissing another man on TV really makes you that uncomfortable.  For me it's like a boring show that's just kind of on.  Nothing that merits a reaction in any way.  No 'good for them!' but no 'blehhhh!  I have to be super disgusted so no one sees I'm gay!' either.  I tend to find that people who have the latter reaction have some sort of sexual insecurity going on to begin with.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #617 on: May 12, 2014, 10:15:37 AM »

Somehow I doubt he would have said 'horrible' if it had been a guy kissing his girlfriend on TV.  I'm not sure what it says about a person if a man kissing another man on TV really makes you that uncomfortable.  For me it's like a boring show that's just kind of on.  Nothing that merits a reaction in any way.  No 'good for them!' but no 'blehhhh!  I have to be super disgusted so no one sees I'm gay!' either.  I tend to find that people who have the latter reaction have some sort of sexual insecurity going on to begin with.

That all makes sense, but why would "ew, two men kissing" draw such ire from the league. Does it really warrant labeling the dude worse than Hitler?
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #618 on: May 12, 2014, 10:28:43 AM »

I wasn't watching, but on the radio they were saying  Sam shoved cake in his partners face and then licked it off or something.

If thats the case, then I think Sams behavior was poor for his image

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #619 on: May 12, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »

I wasn't watching, but on the radio they were saying  Sam shoved cake in his partners face and then licked it off or something.

Hahahahaha
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #620 on: May 12, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
That all makes sense, but why would "ew, two men kissing" draw such ire from the league. Does it really warrant labeling the dude worse than Hitler?

So you're saying that if Hitler were a player in the NFL, Goodell would punish the annexing of the Sudetenland and the extermination of millions of Jews with something less than a suspension and some sensitivity training?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #621 on: May 12, 2014, 10:42:59 AM »

What?  I didn't see that.  Sam was crying, his bf was hugging him, and gave him a kiss.  I did not see this alleged cake incident.  That's just weird.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #622 on: May 12, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »
I heard about the cake thing too but didn't see it. Nobody seems to want to replay it.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #623 on: May 12, 2014, 10:44:19 AM »

So you're saying that if Hitler were a player in the NFL, Goodell would punish the annexing of the Sudetenland and the extermination of millions of Jews with something less than a suspension and some sensitivity training?

Domestic abuse, steroids, and genocide are all things that Goodell has no problem sweeping under the rug. Everyone knows that.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #624 on: May 12, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »
I heard about the cake thing too but didn't see it. Nobody seems to want to replay it.

Pretty sure Goodell destroyed all the videos to protect the integrity of the league or something

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #625 on: May 12, 2014, 10:46:08 AM »

Who labeled him worse that Hitler?  Or are you just immediately conceding the argument by going that route?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #626 on: May 12, 2014, 10:48:46 AM »

Google tells me that Sam posted some photo of the two of them kissing w cake on their faces when he made the relationship public.  Doesn't look like it had anything to do with draft day.  Still weird.

EDIT:  apparently there was some cake thing after.  If it's how it's being described, that's freaking weird.  It's a draft, not a wedding.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:50:57 AM by Ignatius J Reilly »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #627 on: May 12, 2014, 10:51:03 AM »
Google tells me that Sam posted some photo of the two of them kissing w cake on their faces when he made the relationship public.  Doesn't look like it had anything to do with draft day.  Still weird.

Maybe ESPN threw that pic up during the broadcast. Or maybe they just always have cake on hand for such occasions.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #628 on: May 12, 2014, 10:53:25 AM »

Maybe ESPN threw that pic up during the broadcast. Or maybe they just always have cake on hand for such occasions.

Here you go.  What the freak.  This has nothing to do with being gay.  This would be weird as hell for a dude and his girlfriend to do after getting drafted.

http://roygbiv.jezebel.com/heres-nfl-draftee-michael-sam-kissing-his-boyfriend-thr-1574647375

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #629 on: May 12, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »
Here you go.  What the freak.  This has nothing to do with being gay.  This would be weird as hell for a dude and his girlfriend to do after getting drafted.

http://roygbiv.jezebel.com/heres-nfl-draftee-michael-sam-kissing-his-boyfriend-thr-1574647375

The Falcons got Tyler Starr? WTF!