Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180773 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: lolphins
« Reply #1695 on: December 29, 2022, 12:48:41 PM »
Far as I can tell Tua is day to day and Miami has shown no intention of shutting him down

My guess is if they beat new England, they'll push to have him play week 18

He's not playing again this season
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1696 on: December 29, 2022, 12:55:28 PM »
He's not playing again this season

If they make the playoffs there's literally no way I believe he's not playing

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1697 on: December 29, 2022, 12:59:29 PM »
If they make the playoffs there's literally no way I believe he's not playing
Are you completely oblivious to the obvious 24/7?

I mean..you can't be this retarded.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1698 on: December 29, 2022, 01:05:27 PM »
Are you completely oblivious to the obvious 24/7?

I mean..you can't be this retarded.

If it's a slam dunk, why does literally no media, anywhere say this?

Everything suggests he's day to day, and the plan is indeterminate. Plus it seems suggestive that what Tua wants to do, will carry the most weight.

Obviously him playing again is a horrible freaking idea for his health and life. But there's also the belief that some people simply don't acknowledge his first concussion of the season as an actual concussion

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1699 on: December 29, 2022, 01:09:25 PM »

Everything suggests he's day to day, and the plan is indeterminate. Plus it seems suggestive that what Tua wants to do, will carry the most weight.

Obviously him playing again is a horrible freaking idea for his health and life. But there's also the belief that some people simply don't acknowledge his first concussion of the season as an actual concussion
Stop
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1700 on: December 29, 2022, 01:10:12 PM »

He has at least two concussions this season. Likely 3. People in the media are talking about him retiring. Not many mind you, but Tua should absolutely be out for a month+ and nobody suspects Miami to still be playing then
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 01:27:04 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1701 on: December 29, 2022, 01:49:05 PM »
He has at least two concussions this season. Likely 3.

He's had three concussions, period.  The media can't flat out say "three" for legal reasons, but that doesn't mean the first one wasn't clearly a concussion. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1702 on: December 29, 2022, 01:53:02 PM »
He's had three concussions, period.  The media can't flat out say "three" for legal reasons, but that doesn't mean the first one wasn't clearly a concussion. 

Oh inagree. I’m just telling dcm
Need a new one for a new board...

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1703 on: December 29, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »

No.  They missed a concussion again.  They're already under investigation.  Again.  If they put Tua back out there and he gets another head injury, I don't think we're talking about fines and penalties, I think we're talking about criminal investigation for negligence.  If it were any state other than Florida we'd probably have local politicians pushing for it already. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1704 on: December 29, 2022, 03:15:51 PM »
No.  They missed a concussion again.  They're already under investigation.  Again.  If they put Tua back out there and he gets another head injury, I don't think we're talking about fines and penalties, I think we're talking about criminal investigation for negligence.  If it were any state other than Florida we'd probably have local politicians pushing for it already. 

I don't understand how you can say this.

I'm not a neurologist, you're not a neurologist.

If this dude plays football again this year it's going to be because he was cleared by a neurologist to play. This making all these liability issues on the end of the physicians.

The excrement about the nfl and whoever the freak missing two of his concussions and botching protocols is a different story.

I think the odds are strong that he won't play, but I absolutely don't think it's a closed case done deal

If i had to pull numbers out of my derriere I'd probably say it's 75-80% that hes done

He also had missed two games for his previous (openly confirmed concussion). So I'd imagine there's a pretty good chance he wouldn't be back before the wild card regardless
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 03:18:55 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1705 on: December 29, 2022, 03:23:56 PM »
I think the issue is less about whether he's medically cleared, but that he was previously medically cleared and then immediately got lit up again and missed several weeks. There's a difference between can and should, and the optics of the Dolphins making the same mistake a second time in the same season are terrible for them - fans were clearly pissed about last time, and players will look pretty dimly on a team with a reputation for putting football ahead of serious health risks - and for the league, who are already under pressure about player safety.

It might very well be that the neurologist will clear him, but even if they do I would imagine the team messaging will be that out of caution for Tua's health they're going to let Teddy finish out the season.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1706 on: December 29, 2022, 05:04:33 PM »
If they beat NE without him, why put him back in? 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1707 on: December 29, 2022, 05:20:52 PM »
The Jets are 1-point favorites on the lookahead line. Nobody thinks Tua is playing again this year.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1708 on: December 29, 2022, 05:26:12 PM »
I don't see how he survives if he plays again.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1709 on: December 29, 2022, 05:28:18 PM »
I don't see how he survives if he plays again.