Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180593 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: lolphins
« Reply #1455 on: October 20, 2020, 08:46:55 PM »
I don't think any playoff-precarious teams are trading for Fitz.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1456 on: October 21, 2020, 01:03:20 PM »
Ryan Fitzpatrick: "I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of zoom meetings with the guy who fired me and sitting in a room with the guy who replaced me for four hours."

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1457 on: October 21, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »
Awwww...Fitz thought he was THE guy.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1458 on: October 21, 2020, 01:13:43 PM »
Ryan Fitzpatrick: "I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of zoom meetings with the guy who fired me and sitting in a room with the guy who replaced me for four hours."

Please tell me that's a real quote.
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1459 on: October 21, 2020, 01:17:31 PM »
Please tell me that's a real quote.
It is

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1460 on: October 21, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1461 on: October 21, 2020, 02:18:25 PM »
It is

That's awesome that it's a real quote. I mean it sucks for Fitz to lose his gig at that moment. Dude wins 2 straight, and 3 of 6, and despite having that offense moving the ball he gets benched when he does ultimately because it's the bye week. Had the schedule not shifted around, the bye week was originally week 11. If he has them in the hunt with 5-7 wins going into the bye, it's quite possible he keeps the job until they are out of contention for the year.

Hard to root against Fitzpatrick, particularly when our team is completely irrelevant.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1462 on: October 21, 2020, 02:22:18 PM »
Hard to root against Fitzpatrick, particularly when our team is completely irrelevant.

Not when he's wearing a Miami jersey it isn't. I don't care about the Bills or Dolphins when they're worse than us, but right now I hate them passionately and resent them getting a first down, never mind being in playoff contention.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1463 on: October 21, 2020, 02:23:36 PM »
Not when he's wearing a Miami jersey it isn't. I don't care about the Bills or Dolphins when they're worse than us, but right now I hate them passionately and resent them getting a first down, never mind being in playoff contention.

Same. I hate everybody.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1464 on: October 21, 2020, 02:24:31 PM »

It clearly hasn't set in for you yet that we are going to be 0-16 / 1-15 this year and it literally doesn't matter. Next year we all go back to hating everyone.

For the record, freak Josh Allen, freak Tua Tagovailoa and freak Cam Newton

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1465 on: October 21, 2020, 02:25:52 PM »
It clearly hasn't set in for you yet that we are going to be 0-16 / 1-15 this year and it literally doesn't matter. Next year we all go back to hating everyone.

For the record, freak Josh Allen, freak Tua Tagovailoa and freak Cam Newton

No reason we can't hate everyone now. I've hated the entire NBA except for the Knicks for decades.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1466 on: October 21, 2020, 02:28:34 PM »

Wrong way round. I don't care about their success when we're having more than them, but when we suck this much every little last scrap of success that the rest of the division enjoys, every tiny little thing that they do better than us, I take as a personal insult aimed directly at me and I hate them for it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1467 on: October 21, 2020, 03:06:11 PM »
I still maintain the rest of the AFC East is less hateable this year than it has been in a long time.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1468 on: October 21, 2020, 03:30:24 PM »
I still maintain the rest of the AFC East is less hateable this year than it has been in a long time.

It's finally a normal division that isn't decided by Week 4. Once we get back to being a real team we have a chance to host a playoff game by being better than three other teams, the way everyone else has been doing it for the last 20 years.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1469 on: October 21, 2020, 04:03:39 PM »

The Patriots are a teeny bit less hateable. The Dolphins and Bills have players that I like but I resent the fact that they're ahead of us and have far brighter prospects than us regardless of what anyone thinks that that long haired poofter is going to do for us.