Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180354 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: lolphins
« Reply #480 on: February 14, 2014, 11:30:22 AM »
ESPN presents:  "An Incognito Intervention", with host Tim Tebow.

I just imagined the most unsatisfying ending to this saga: Incognito "finds Jesus" and the public forgives him.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #481 on: February 14, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
I just imagined the most unsatisfying ending to this saga: Incognito "finds Jesus" and the public forgives him.

I wonder how Jesus would respond to having his derriere sniffed while mocking gay butt secks?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #482 on: February 14, 2014, 11:35:45 AM »
I wonder how Jesus would respond to having his derriere sniffed while mocking gay butt secks?

Jesus would quit Christianity and everyone would tell him to man up.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #483 on: February 14, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »
Eh.  The impression I get is that Pouncey's just some weak-willed kid who figured out that it's better to be Incognito's sidekick than his target. 

That's exactly what makes him worse.

Incognito owned up to most of the excrement he/said did...although it seemed like he did try to manipulate things (and obviously trying to destroy the fine book).  Pouncey and Jerry denied it all, especially Pouncey.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:56:12 AM by JFIF »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »
I hope as many people as possible that are tied to this scandal stay with the Dolphin organization.  A complete overhaul would be the worst thing possible.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »
a few months old but it's obviously relevant given how much it played out this way

http://deadspin.com/football-players-hate-each-other-more-than-you-think-1458141601

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #486 on: February 14, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
That's a really good piece.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #487 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:15 PM »
I hope as many people as possible that are tied to this scandal stay with the Dolphin organization.  A complete overhaul would be the worst thing possible.

Ireland is already out. Philbin isn't going anywhere. THey already rehauled a lot of their organization. Jim Turner is the only one who's probably gonna get in trouble....and the head trainer.

As long as Stephen Ross is in charge of that franchise we're ok

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #488 on: February 14, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »
What an absolute shitfest.  I can't help but wonder why Incognito sent out those Twitter blasts the other day about how the truth would come out and exonerate him.

While this is hugely on Incognito and Pouncey, and unsurprisingly so, Martin could have handled certain aspects better.  I don't understand playing nicely to Incognito at all on those texts.  Just don't respond, dude.  Can't be a people pleaser all the time.  It got him excrement on even further.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #489 on: February 14, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »
Ireland is already out. Philbin isn't going anywhere. THey already rehauled a lot of their organization. Jim Turner is the only one who's probably gonna get in trouble....and the head trainer.

As long as Stephen Ross is in charge of that franchise we're ok

Really?

I give him ten games.

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #490 on: February 14, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
What an absolute shitfest.  I can't help but wonder why Incognito sent out those Twitter blasts the other day about how the truth would come out and exonerate him.

While this is hugely on Incognito and Pouncey, and unsurprisingly so, Martin could have handled certain aspects better.  I don't understand playing nicely to Incognito at all on those texts.  Just don't respond, dude.  Can't be a people pleaser all the time.  It got him excrement on even further.

Trying to appease the abuser. It's a very common role in an abusive relationship of any kind. 

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #491 on: February 14, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »
Really?

I give him ten games.

I meant this offseason.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #492 on: February 14, 2014, 01:08:01 PM »
Trying to appease the abuser. It's a very common role in an abusive relationship of any kind. 

It's certainly not common to this extent. They even mentioned in the report what a complicated dynamic it was, and while an expert said it did indicate behavior of an abused/abuser it wasn't a traditional bullying case.

That's far more than appeasing.

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #493 on: February 14, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #494 on: February 14, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »

While this is hugely on Incognito and Pouncey, and unsurprisingly so, Martin could have handled certain aspects better.  I don't understand playing nicely to Incognito at all on those texts. Just don't respond, dude.  Can't be a people pleaser all the time.  It got him excrement on even further.

I agree with the overall premise but the Oline are typically one of the more close knit groups (regardless of how dysfunctional their relationships are) of any unit in the sport. Hard to just avoid everybody all together.

That dynamic was just fucked with Pouncey and Incognito being the "leaders". what a joke