Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180371 times)

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Re: lolphins
« Reply #390 on: February 04, 2014, 04:40:01 PM »
Since these texts don't show us anything ground breaking, I wonder what was said and/or done in the locker room on a consistent basis to make Martin disappear from the game.

I think it's more a case of a guy liking money but not liking football very much.  This was a reasonable excuse to get out and still get paid.

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #391 on: February 04, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »
I think it's more a case of a guy liking money but not liking football very much.  This was a reasonable excuse to get out and still get paid.

Another Gholston.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #392 on: February 04, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »
I haven't seen anyone mention it yet on twitter or on sports radio locally here, but I imagine the drinking/drugs/partying aspect probably had a lot to do with his mental state. I doubt he partied like this at Stanford, (albeit sounds like he was a pothead) and dude probably spiraled himself into depression going non stop like that.

speaking from experience, i know the effects too much partying can have on your state of mind. pretty freaking lame though that he blamed incognito (even though dude is a class A scumbag in general) and the team though.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2014, 08:18:32 PM »
[A source told CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that Ryan Tannehill may lack job security entering 2014.
Unbelievable. Tannehill is the least of the Dolphins' problems and very arguably their biggest strength, so the notion of him losing his job is yet another reminder of the continued dysfunction in Miami. "(Coach Joe Philbin) definitely wants to push Tannehill more," said the source, who spoke to Philbin about his quarterbacks, "and if he doesn't see improvement he said he might go to (Matt) Moore at some point. He definitely has a lot of faith in Moore, and they're paying him a lot of money." This is a team that should be looking to prop up Tannehill with significant offensive line upgrades, not put his job on the line in favor of a journeyman-type career backup in Moore. Tannehill absorbed a league-high 58 sacks in 2013. This has been a troubling offseason in Miami, to say the least.

Rotoblurbbbbbb

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #394 on: February 08, 2014, 07:27:19 AM »
^Bwahaha love it.
Need a new one for a new board...

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #395 on: February 08, 2014, 12:23:44 PM »
Rotoblurbbbbbb

My god, it's glorious.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #396 on: February 08, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »
That has to be some sloppy journalism from either Rotoworld of Jason La Confora

Theres absolutely NO way whatsoever they could even be considering getting rid of him.

Its not like hes on some Mammoth 20 million $ a year contract either

These are his cap numbers the next 2 years

2014-$570,000 (+ $971,682 roster bonus),
2015: $660,000 (+ $1.457 million roster bonus
2016: funky nfl option for probably 6-8 million$

Im sorry but there isnt a GM in the league, not even the Dolphins who would even consider trading him for a 1st round pick, let alone cutting him.

Although "job security" could just mean maybe considering benching him for Moore for a game or something.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #397 on: February 08, 2014, 09:58:05 PM »
Im sorry but there isnt a GM in the league, not even the Dolphins who would even consider trading him for a 1st round pick, let alone cutting him.

Terrible reading comprehension.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #398 on: February 09, 2014, 03:31:58 AM »
Terrible reading comprehension.

This x 1000
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #399 on: February 09, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
I was on Martins side till I read the texts

He's a freaking hoo-ha.

A hoo-ha and an poopchute (incognito) so close together, they were bound to get fucked

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2014, 02:01:30 PM »
Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO  17m
I'm ready to move on with my life and career.  I've been dragged through the mud for months by my "best friend". #betrayed #railroaded

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO  11m
Dear Jon Martin..... The truth is going to bury you and your entire "camp".  You could have told the truth the entire time.

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO  11m
Jon Martin---- you started all of this when Kenny Zimmerman released the VM to ESPN.  The same VM we joked about with @brianhartline
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »
A grown man using those hashtags makes me cringe.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »
Someone once told me that NFL players were classier back in the day. That's only because Twitter didn't exist.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »
Someone once told me that NFL players were classier back in the day. That's only because Twitter didn't exist.

Imagine Mark Gastineau and Lawrence Taylor with Twitter.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
He hasn't finished yet.

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO  27m
Kenny Zuckerman from Priority Sports.... What do you have to say for your actions? Why did you release the VM.  What was your goal ?

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO  26m
I'm guilty of being a loyal friend and good teammate. I apologize for my poor language and rude remarks.  I've never denied it.

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO  23m
I apologize to all of the women out there that I offended with my text messages to my close personal friend.

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO  16m
FACT: Jonathan Martin told me he thought about taking his own life in MAY 2013 b/c he wasn't playing well.  Told me he felt worthless.
A cross-dressing limey poofter