Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180381 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: lolphins
« Reply #1380 on: March 19, 2020, 12:45:02 PM »
I agree. IMO It's full Ditka territory to get Cinci to pass up a strategy they seem already pretty set on, and Miami still have too much more work to do to be able to surrender a full draft for one player.

Full draft this year and certainly a good portion of next.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1381 on: March 19, 2020, 01:07:38 PM »
Full draft this year and certainly a good portion of next.

I forgot that Miami have three first round picks. If I'm the Bengals I might give some consideration to Miami giving me at least two of those including #5, plus a couple of day 2 picks, plus next year's first, in exchange for the #1 overall. That would give them the ability to really strengthen the roster at key positions except for QB, tank hard this year and take Lawrence next year while still having another first rounder. If I'm Mike Brown would I be willing to take a top OL and WR this year and Trevor Lawrence in 2021 in exchange for another year of sucking? I think I might.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1382 on: March 19, 2020, 01:19:42 PM »
I forgot that Miami have three first round picks. If I'm the Bengals I might give some consideration to Miami giving me at least two of those including #5, plus a couple of day 2 picks, plus next year's first, in exchange for the #1 overall. That would give them the ability to really strengthen the roster at key positions except for QB, tank hard this year and take Lawrence next year while still having another first rounder. If I'm Mike Brown would I be willing to take a top OL and WR this year and Trevor Lawrence in 2021 in exchange for another year of sucking? I think I might.

They also have 2 1’s and 2 2’s next year
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1383 on: March 19, 2020, 01:24:10 PM »

That's just depressing.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1384 on: March 19, 2020, 01:51:07 PM »

If I’m Cincy, the bidding starts at Miami’s 5 1sts + over the next 2 years. When they laugh in my face I say, I guess you don’t really want Joe Burrow, do you?
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1385 on: March 19, 2020, 02:20:34 PM »
If I’m Cincy, the bidding starts at Miami’s 5 1sts + over the next 2 years. When they laugh in my face I say, I guess you don’t really want Joe Burrow, do you?

If you're Cinci do you want Joe Burrow, or do you want several premium players with which to rebuild your whole roster quickly and a shot at Trevor Lawrence? The biggest challenge I see is that if you draft too well with the picks that you trade for, you find it hard to suck enough for next year's first.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1386 on: March 19, 2020, 02:25:47 PM »
It would be great if Burrow didn't end up in Cincy, then i can crush JE with the biggest I Told You So since white jeans went out of fashion.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1387 on: March 19, 2020, 02:27:57 PM »
It would be great if Burrow didn't end up in Cincy, then i can crush JE with the biggest I Told You So since white jeans went out of fashion.

I think Cincy trading out of the pick because they're offered a king's ransom wouldn't really qualify for your claim of "Joe Burrow has all the leverage and can choose not to play there if he wants".

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1388 on: March 19, 2020, 02:30:30 PM »
I think Cincy trading out of the pick because they're offered a king's ransom wouldn't really qualify for your claim of "Joe Burrow has all the leverage and can choose not to play there if he wants".

too late. It's been decided.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1389 on: March 19, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »
If you're Cinci do you want Joe Burrow, or do you want several premium players with which to rebuild your whole roster quickly and a shot at Trevor Lawrence? The biggest challenge I see is that if you draft too well with the picks that you trade for, you find it hard to suck enough for next year's first.

Is Joe Burrow 4 first round picks better than Tua?

I have no clue but I imagine if he’s a Bengal, they think he is. If he ends up a dolphin, then apparently they don’t think he is.

It’s a moot point, the Dolphins wouldn’t do it if the Bengals would.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1390 on: March 19, 2020, 02:55:42 PM »
Jets get all 5 Dolphin first rounders, Bengals keep Burrow.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1391 on: March 19, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »
If a team offered me something in the realm of 5 1sts and some leftover picks I may not give a excrement who that prospect is, I’m taking the picks. That is absurd draft capital.

Obviously if Burrow has a hall of fame career you probably get burned but if you value Tua or another QB anywhere near Burrow you take that deal all day

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1392 on: March 19, 2020, 08:53:05 PM »
Tua freaking stinks

I agree with you on taking the picks but I will never not take the chance to excrement on that garbage lefty
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1393 on: March 19, 2020, 08:56:00 PM »
Tua freaking stinks

I agree with you on taking the picks but I will never not take the chance to excrement on that garbage lefty

Here’s hoping you get the chance for the next 2-3 years while he flames out in Miami

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1394 on: March 19, 2020, 09:19:33 PM »
Tua freaking stinks

I’m not a fan of Tua myself. My point was more so if you have a hypothetical rating on QB prospects of 0-100 and Burrow is a 98 while Tua is a 95 and Herbert is a 93 or whatever...

I think you go with Tua/Herbert and the picks no questions asked.