Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180596 times)

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
Re: lolphins
« Reply #1005 on: November 30, 2015, 03:16:42 PM »
Nyjunc, they mentioned during the game that Tannehill has been sacked more times in the last 4 years than any other QB in that timespan. The idea that Miami's OLine is nowhere near as bad as people think is just wrong. They are bottom-of-the-barrel bad.

all sacks are not on the OL, he throws a lot and so there are more chances to get sacked.  Miami's OL has been mediocre, he has had good enough talent around him to win- to at least get into the playoffs.  2 years ago his D was really good, they needed to beat us or Buf the last 2 weeks to make the playoffs.  Ryan led his O to 7 pts TOTAL which included a 20-7 loss to us when he wasn't touched by our D the entire game.

Last year his D was brutal the 2nd half so I don't blame him for Miami missing the playoffs BUT in the 2 biggest games of the season in regards to playoff position he led his O to 13 pts each game.  certainly better than 3.5 per game but still awful.

He has ability, I wouldn't give up on him yet(they will after next year if he still hasn't improved) but eh will be going into year 5 w/ his 3rd OC(both fired mainly b/c of him), his 2nd HC and they have completely rebuilt the O around him twice.  at some point they may want to look at the QB instead of trying to fix everything around him.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1006 on: November 30, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
During the game I was saying to my son that I think Tannehill is a good QB stuck on an awful team. It would almost certainly not happen, but if the Phins wind up in full-rebuild mode this offseason, I'd like Duff to call Mike T and ask what he'd want for Tannehill.

I have a mental image of gameday in the Fool household.

During the game I was saying to my son that I think Tannehill is a good QB

I said it to my son during the game: the only way the Jets are going to get Marshall going is for Fitz to start throwing some jump balls to him

I said to my son at the time "That is how this team feels when Geno is in."

I even commented to my son in the last couple of starts that something "looked off" with him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1007 on: November 30, 2015, 03:23:11 PM »
all sacks are not on the OL...

See:
Smith, Geno
O'Brien, Ken
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #1008 on: November 30, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1009 on: November 30, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
Some guy named Rand: 
I'm told #Dolphins WR Rishard Matthews suffered multiple fractured ribs yesterday against the #Jets. No clear timetable for his return.

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #1010 on: November 30, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »
Some guy named Rand: 
I'm told #Dolphins WR Rishard Matthews suffered multiple fractured ribs yesterday against the #Jets. No clear timetable for his return.

that play set the tone for the game.  we abused Miami, they were soft as could be after that hit.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1011 on: November 30, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
Some guy named Rand: 

Classless hit

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1012 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:17 PM »
Calvin Pryor should get a lifetime ban.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1013 on: December 01, 2015, 12:38:06 AM »
Tannehill reminds me of Cutler and Stafford. They have all the physical tools and have games where they make you think they're great but can never put it together for a full season, missing the playoffs along the way

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1014 on: December 14, 2015, 04:21:49 PM »
@JordanRaanan: Recently released #Giants DE Damontre Moore was claimed off waivers by #dolphins, per source

Dolphins get better and dumber

mike garafolo:
So Damontre Moore joins Quinton Coples as former pass rushers from NY teams looking for a fresh start in Miami.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:26:30 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1015 on: December 14, 2015, 09:58:41 PM »

Dolphins get better and dumber

Gotta admit they got some mega freaking talent up front.

I guess the question is what happens when you take guys like Moore and Coples and pair them up with Suh's "leadership"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1016 on: December 16, 2015, 12:00:36 PM »
At first I wanted the Giants to lose because Miami had nothing to gain from a win. But after my basketball game when we got to a TV and I saw Shula, Marino and all those jerkoffs, I was happy the Giants beat them. And that doesn't happen often, Super Bowl 42 was probably the last time.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1017 on: December 16, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »
this is hilarious

Armando Salguero
‏@ArmandoSalguero

Dolphins are telling multiple season ticket holders they can no longer renew b/c they resold their seats too many times on tix exchange.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #1018 on: December 16, 2015, 12:53:39 PM »
this is hilarious

Armando Salguero
‏@ArmandoSalguero

Dolphins are telling multiple season ticket holders they can no longer renew b/c they resold their seats too many times on tix exchange.

that is odd.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1019 on: December 16, 2015, 12:56:42 PM »
this is hilarious

Armando Salguero
‏@ArmandoSalguero

Not surprised.  I turned the game on in progress when the Giants were driving for a TD.  Until they started talking about the weather I assumed it was a Giants home game based on the crowd reaction.