Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180771 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: lolphins
« Reply #945 on: October 06, 2015, 08:48:28 AM »
Todd Bowles knows how to hire assistant coaches.

#FireRex

Jeff Weeks

#KeepRex
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #946 on: October 06, 2015, 08:53:26 AM »
Todd Bowles knows how to hire assistant coaches.

#FireRex

I've some way to go before I'm convinced by Gailey.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #947 on: October 06, 2015, 09:09:58 AM »

agreed, the sample size is still miniscule.

However...being 3-1 doesn't hurt.  Considering the dumpster fire that was last season.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #948 on: October 06, 2015, 09:14:09 AM »

Gotta be the longest stretch we have gone without a disastrous trick play in the middle of a decent drive in a few years. 

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #949 on: October 06, 2015, 09:14:59 AM »

I love Gailey so far, he's done an outstanding job. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #950 on: October 06, 2015, 09:17:33 AM »
The juries out on Gailey? He's been a successful OC for several teams. It's as an HC that he's been meh.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #951 on: October 06, 2015, 09:19:21 AM »
Gotta be the longest stretch we have gone without a disastrous trick play in the middle of a decent drive in a few years. 

If we're judging the success of an OC by whether he's better than Schottenheimer and Sparano, then I'd agree that Gailey is doing fine. I think we can probably use a slightly more exacting yardstick than that though, and going five wide on 2nd and 3 when we've been absolutely destroying the opposition in the run game doesn't strike me as smart. I understand that it makes the short pass over the middle easier but I'm not convinced that we're doing a great job of consistently finding the favoured match up in the five wide sets - it's invariably a force to Marshall regardless of coverage.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #952 on: October 06, 2015, 09:21:27 AM »
I've been happy with Gailey thus far.  Sure, he's made some bonehead calls, but that's expected with any OC.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #953 on: October 06, 2015, 09:33:00 AM »

If we're judging the success of an OC by whether he's better than Schottenheimer and Sparano, then I'd agree that Gailey is doing fine. I think we can probably use a slightly more exacting yardstick than that though, and going five wide on 2nd and 3 when we've been absolutely destroying the opposition in the run game doesn't strike me as smart. I understand that it makes the short pass over the middle easier but I'm not convinced that we're doing a great job of consistently finding the favoured match up in the five wide sets - it's invariably a force to Marshall regardless of coverage.

Have we seen any play action passes?
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #954 on: October 06, 2015, 09:36:38 AM »
So apparently that whole Tannehill practice squad stuff may not be true.  I'm going to assume it's true anyway.

Jeff Darlington:  Good luck finding a Dolphins player to corroborate that Tannehill said anything about a paycheck during practice. You won't. Just an agent.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:38:47 AM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #955 on: October 06, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »
Have we seen any play action passes?

Not to my recollection. I'm also a little confused by the refusal to use tight ends as anything other than auxiliary linemen, I know our tight ends suck but if the defense knows there's zero chance of them being a receiver in the playbook then you might as well put a sixth lineman out there and have him report eligible.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #956 on: October 06, 2015, 09:52:44 AM »

Not to my recollection. I'm also a little confused by the refusal to use tight ends as anything other than auxiliary linemen, I know our tight ends suck but if the defense knows there's zero chance of them being a receiver in the playbook then you might as well put a sixth lineman out there and have him report eligible.

Protection has been solid, so far that's been working I guess. Less options for Fitz but also less chance of sack or IT caused by pressure.
"Wrong!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #957 on: October 06, 2015, 09:54:51 AM »
Fitz needs to develop that chemistry with Devin Smith before the Play Action will bear fruit.  Those 2 clearly aren't on the same page yet.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #958 on: October 06, 2015, 09:58:49 AM »
Protection has been solid, so far that's been working I guess. Less options for Fitz but also less chance of sack or IT caused by pressure.

Protection has been excellent, and even when it has broken down Fitz has shown really good awareness. No complaints there. I'm just a little concerned that Gailey's scheme is a bit predictable.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #959 on: October 06, 2015, 11:22:13 AM »
So apparently that whole Tannehill practice squad stuff may not be true.  I'm going to assume it's true anyway.

Why would some agent make it up? Who benefits?