Author Topic: lolphins  (Read 180542 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: lolphins
« Reply #780 on: January 07, 2015, 05:16:48 PM »
Tannenbaum on MTC said there's a plan in place for transition when talking about his representation of Dan Quinn.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #781 on: January 08, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
Tannenbaum on MTC said there's a plan in place for transition when talking about his representation of Dan Quinn.

The story keeps going back and forth. My feeling, based solely on inference from the multiple stories I have seen, is that the head of the agency wants Tannenbaum to see this process through. Whether that's because he wants to show stability for his organization while shopping one of the hottest candidates in the market, or anger that Tannenbaum basically shadowed his way into a new job, I don't know.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #782 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/01/the-dolphins-could-keep-hartline-at-his-current-scheduled-73-million-cap-number-or-negotiate-a-pay-cut-for-cap-relief-or.html

The issue gets tricky with Wallace because making a decision on him is not soley a cap issue. As I and the NFL Network reported weeks ago, Wallace told his position coach and later repeated to his head coach that if he wasn't getting the football thrown to him, there was no need for him to play just prior to halftime of the season-finale against the New York Jets. This according to multiple team sources. Wallace has denied this.

But not only did he do it, I am told he did it previously, including in the 41-13 loss to the New England Patriots. Indeed, Wallace voiced this complaint to position coach Phil McGeoghan previously but the season-finale was the first time I know quarterback Ryan Tannehill was upset with Wallace about this matter (forcing him to complain to McGeoghan as pictured) and the first time the issue went all the way up to head coach Joe Philbin (as pictured below).

So the issue now is whether Philbin can keep Wallace on the team and keep the respect of the locker room at the same time -- knowing that dozens of players in the locker room, including the starting quarterback, are aware of what happened and are now looking to see whether Wallace gets away with it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #783 on: January 14, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »
Re: Quinn

Jason La CanforaVerified account
‏@JasonLaCanfora
Could end up replacing Joe Philbin next month, regardless of what the Dolphins are saying. Jets had that concern, at least to some degree

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #784 on: January 14, 2015, 09:49:18 AM »
So that idiot Ross is going to interview Quinn while still having Philbin installed as head coach. If I was Quinn I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot poll and I would be upfront about it too.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #785 on: January 14, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »
So that idiot Ross is going to interview Quinn while still having Philbin installed as head coach. If I was Quinn I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot poll and I would be upfront about it too.

Jesus. These guys never learn.

They're not going to land Quinn, Philbin is gonna be pissed and they're probably gonna end up firing him this year.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #786 on: January 14, 2015, 05:40:12 PM »

I think it's hilarious.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #787 on: January 30, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »
Rotoworld:

The Dolphins were reportedly high on Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema before hiring Joe Philbin in 2012, but the sides disagreed on whether Russell Wilson could be an NFL starter.
Per ace beat writer Armando Salguero, Ross was high on Bielema for the head-coaching job, but Bielema and the personnel department led by ex-GM Jeff Ireland hit a wall when Bielema suggested the Dolphins draft Wilson in the second round. Bielema allegedly even promised the Dolphins a Super Bowl within five years if they took Wilson, who was Bielema's quarterback at Wisconsin. "They all looked at me like, 'You can't say that.," Bielema said. "That's the difference between college and pro. He's undersized. He can't throw.' I was like, 'OK, all right,' and I honestly, that day, kind of pulled myself out of it." Ross ultimately convinced Ireland to draft Ryan Tannehill with the No. 8 overall pick. Wilson went to Seattle in the third round.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #788 on: January 30, 2015, 01:50:36 PM »
The manor by which the Dolphins run their team is nothing short of hysterical.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #789 on: January 30, 2015, 02:16:46 PM »
Let's just remember a certain now-defunct high-ranking member of our scouting department was jokingly referred to as Russell Bradway and ignored regarding his thoughts on Wilson before we start throwing stones.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #790 on: January 30, 2015, 02:17:20 PM »
The manor by which the Dolphins run their team is nothing short of hysterical.

Does it have an ugly coat of paint and an unfinished garage ?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #791 on: January 30, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »
Does it have an ugly coat of paint and an unfinished carport?

FTFY

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #792 on: January 30, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »
Let's just remember a certain now-defunct high-ranking member of our scouting department was jokingly referred to as Russell Bradway and ignored regarding his thoughts on Wilson before we start throwing stones.

Honestly can anyone blame the team for ignoring Bradway on this one?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #793 on: January 30, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »
Rotoworld:

The Dolphins were reportedly high on Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema before hiring Joe Philbin in 2012, but the sides disagreed on whether Russell Wilson could be an NFL starter.
Per ace beat writer Armando Salguero, Ross was high on Bielema for the head-coaching job, but Bielema and the personnel department led by ex-GM Jeff Ireland hit a wall when Bielema suggested the Dolphins draft Wilson in the second round. Bielema allegedly even promised the Dolphins a Super Bowl within five years if they took Wilson, who was Bielema's quarterback at Wisconsin. "They all looked at me like, 'You can't say that.," Bielema said. "That's the difference between college and pro. He's undersized. He can't throw.' I was like, 'OK, all right,' and I honestly, that day, kind of pulled myself out of it." Ross ultimately convinced Ireland to draft Ryan Tannehill with the No. 8 overall pick. Wilson went to Seattle in the third round.
Am I the only person who would rather have Tannenhill over Wilson?

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #794 on: January 30, 2015, 07:29:09 PM »
Am I the only person who would rather have Tannenhill over Wilson?

yes