Author Topic: True Detective  (Read 115674 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: True Detective
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »
BTW I don't think we have met the killer yet, I think the killer is just a plot device to create turmoil between the characters.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »
They're cousins.  He's my top suspect right now, but I'm probably wrong.  Dora Lange's ex-husband is still going to be important, I think.   

Everything might get pinned all on one person.  The missing girl is definitely connected to the prostitute murder, but I think the crimes are going to be different.

Dexter will catch the real killer before the police ever figure it out.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 08:46:30 AM »
BTW I don't think we have met the killer yet, I think the killer is just a plot device to create turmoil between the characters.

I agree, I don't think it's anyone we've met or heard of yet.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 08:47:52 AM »
And Steve the Drunk seems to be a drunk in this show as well. 

I think both Hart and Cohle are good detectives in different ways.  Hart seems to be the chosen one of that department, so he has to be doing somethings right. 

The more Deadwood and The Wire actors the better, Brother Mouzzone, Lester, was in this as well.

It's obvious Cohle is the better detective and more in tune with the case. Hart is more of the politically savvy guy vs. being a criminal profiler.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:51:55 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:13 AM »
The more Deadwood and The Wire actors the better. Brother Mouzzone was in this as well.

Lester Freamon too
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 08:52:11 AM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »
The crime scenes reminded me of the Robin Hood Hills murders

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 08:54:06 AM »
I agree, I don't think it's anyone we've met or heard of yet.

Yeah I don't think the writers would be that lazy and have MM or WH be the killer, that would be a let down in my opinion.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 08:55:29 AM »
The crime scenes reminded me of the Robin Hood Hills murders

There was a killing in Hannibal (tv show) that was similar as well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 08:57:20 AM »
Yeah I don't think the writers would be that lazy and have MM or WH be the killer, that would be a let down in my opinion.

I doubt it. 

Cohle has definitely been through some stuff though.  His record from his previous job is sealed (likely undercover, which is why he's on/off pills and alcohol) and his daughter died.  Watching McConaughey play that part of him spiraling into what he is in the present will be great. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »

Yeah, that's the feeling I got. The killer doesn't matter as much as the crime that was committed and the effect that it has on the investigators (especially MM).

I doubt it. 

Cohle has definitely been through some stuff though.  His record from his previous job is sealed (likely undercover, which is why he's on/off pills and alcohol) and his daughter died.  Watching McConaughey play that part of him spiraling into what he is in the present will be great. 

That's probably the thing I'm most interested in seeing. I've liked MM ever since "A Time to Kill." I also like watching WH in serious roles and always think back to just how absent-minded he was on Cheers. Night-and-day.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
That's probably the thing I'm most interested in seeing. I've liked MM ever since "A Time to Kill." I also like watching WH in serious roles and always think back to just how absent-minded he was on Cheers. Night-and-day.

You might like Rampart. I haven't seen it but I heard it was good.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »
Heard that there might be some supernatural elements in the fourth and fifth episodes.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »
You might like Rampart. I haven't seen it but I heard it was good.

I've never heard of it.

Heard that there might be some supernatural elements in the fourth and fifth episodes.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" 

Really? I figured superstition would play a big part due to the stick sculpture thing, but more than that I wasn't really expecting.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »
Really? I figured superstition would play a big part due to the stick sculpture thing, but more than that I wasn't really expecting.

I just think we're going to see hallucinations and some crazy evangelical excrement.