Author Topic: True Detective  (Read 114887 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: True Detective
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
didn't think it started that slow, the crime scene was bizarre.  I thought it was a great premiere, thoroughly interesting

Didn't think it was slow either.  Every single scene was interesting, especially the car rides with Cohle and Hart.

I feel like Cohle is freaking with Hart with a lot of things that he says.  Can't tell yet.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »
Slow doesn't mean uninteresting. It just felt slow. I meant it as a description.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
Slow doesn't mean uninteresting. It just felt slow. I meant it as a description.

Oh, I knew what you meant.  It didn't feel that way (for me) when I watched it this morning.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 01:57:36 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 02:33:27 PM »
Probably going to end up being someone wearing a weird mask. 

The small comment about saving the kids in the woods leads me to believe the whole thing is going to get much more crazy.   

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »
There's something strange/terrible that's going to start happening with children, which is probably why Cohle goes back to his old ways.

And Hart is definitely banging Alexandra Daddario on the side.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 08:29:10 AM »
And Hart is definitely banging Alexandra Daddario on the side.

Yeah, that seemed obvious.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
Yeah, that seemed obvious.

That was one of the more obvious future storylines pointed out. 

Cohle being a part of IA is something that a lot of people overlooked, and I didn't catch it the first time I watched. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 08:32:34 AM »
Watched it last night finally and it's slow, very slow. The show is supposedly about MM and WH more so than a serial killer. The showrunner is on record he has no interest in serial killers. We shall see where this is headed. I liked that MM knew right away the killer was back while WH didn't.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 08:34:08 AM »
Watched it last night finally and it's slow, very slow. The show is supposedly about MM and WH more so than a serial killer. The showrunner is on record he has no interest in serial killers. We shall see where this is headed. I liked that MM knew right away the killer was back while WH didn't.

Bold prediction:  Hart (and some others) are going to set someone up for the crimes to get ahead, and Cohle is going to "betray" him in some way...maybe through Internal Affairs. 

I loved Rectify too, and almost everyone thinks that it's slow.  Character studies are just something that I enjoy more than others, I guess. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:35:45 AM by Heismanberg »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
I think the governor and his brother are going to meddle with the investigation and it could lead to the wrong guy getting charged with the murder(s?).  I think Cohle will have obvious issues with this and his reaction will lead to his apparent downfall.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »
I think the governor and his brother are going to meddle with the investigation and it could lead to the wrong guy getting charged with the murder(s?).

They're cousins.  He's my top suspect right now, but I'm probably wrong.  Dora Lange's ex-husband is still going to be important, I think.   

Everything might get pinned all on one person.  The missing girl is definitely connected to the prostitute murder, but I think the crimes are going to be different. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »
I think Cohle will have obvious issues with this and his reaction will lead to his apparent downfall.

There's an arrest that's made in '95, and they don't have a falling out until 2002.  excrement will go down.  Cohle will probably obsess over it and become an addict again. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 08:43:46 AM »
Bold prediction:  Hart (and some others) are going to set someone up for the crimes to get ahead, and Cohle is going to "betray" him in some way...maybe through Internal Affairs. 

I loved Rectify too, and almost everyone thinks that it's slow.  Character studies are just something that I enjoy more than others, I guess. 

Slow doesn't equal bad, that's for sure. It just means you have to pay attention more than other shows. You really had to pay attention to the dialogue. Well Hart is no longer a detective, did he retire or was he forced out? Hart seems as goofy as Carson Wells, they seem very similar.

I loved the fact the guy belly aching the most about IA and whom promptly got bitch slapped was Steve the Drunk, How awesome was that?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »
I loved the fact the guy belly aching the most about IA and whom promptly got bitch slapped was Steve the Drunk, How awesome was that?

And Steve the Drunk seems to be a drunk in this show as well. 

I think both Hart and Cohle are good detectives in different ways.  Hart seems to be the chosen one of that department, so he has to be doing somethings right.