Author Topic: Draft Rumors  (Read 109683 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Draft Rumors
« Reply #600 on: April 09, 2020, 01:14:05 PM »
Trent Dilfer has been training Tua and says he has a better arm than Dan Marino or Aaron Rodgers. Uh, OK Trent.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »
Trent Dilfer has been training Tua and says he has a better arm than Dan Marino or Aaron Rodgers. Uh, OK Trent.

Trent is also a bald QB. 

#Cancelled
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #602 on: April 13, 2020, 03:58:10 PM »
CEO of TDN tweeted that Tampa are working hard to find a trade partner so they can move up for a tackle early in the first. They're currently 14th, we can well do without more teams in front of us taking tackles.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #603 on: April 13, 2020, 04:15:31 PM »
CEO of TDN tweeted that Tampa are working hard to find a trade partner so they can move up for a tackle early in the first. They're currently 14th, we can well do without more teams in front of us taking tackles.
This is a legit concern that hasn’t been discussed on this board much, if at all.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #604 on: April 13, 2020, 04:23:32 PM »
One door closes, another opens.  Maybe that gives us our choice of WR.  Maybe we could BE the trade partner if we are all in on a WR or not interested in what's left at tackle.  But overall, if the Jets are looking tackle, that's not ideal.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #605 on: April 13, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »
Depends on who they trade with. If it’s the Cardinals, it’s essentially the same as what we have now. The danger is if they trade with a team unlikely to go OT such as Carolina, or the Jaguars.

I think that the top 10 is going to end up (in some order)

Burrow
Young
Okudah
Simmons
Tua
Herbert
3 OTs (my guess, Becton, Wirfs, Wills)
1 other player, possibly Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw, could be WR 1 (most likely Lamb)

That’s been my guesstimate top 10 for a long time. Worst case scenario for us IMO is if OT4 takes the last spot of Brown/Kinlaw/WR1, and only 2 QBs go top 10. If that happens I’d be desperately trying to move off of 11 for extra slots, but who is trading up? Why are they moving up? What would they give up? I can’t imagine we make a deal and we stick and pick there, what would likely be our WR 2, or reach for our OT5.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
One team that appears poised to make some noise with a move up is the #Falcons. They have spent a lot of times evaluating and talking to players who figure to be gone by No. 16… and when other teams do their projections, they believe Atlanta will be on the move.

Brugler thinks it could be for CJ Henderson. 

If the top 4 OL are gone, i hope Douglas's line is open for Dmitroff. Trade down to 16 for someone like Ruiz, pick up some extra draft capital...profit.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2020, 10:21:16 AM »
Brugler thinks it could be for CJ Henderson. 

If the top 4 OL are gone, i hope Douglas's line is open for Dmitroff. Trade down to 16 for someone like Ruiz, pick up some extra draft capital...profit.

What could we get from the Falcons if we move down? The gap between 11 and 16 isn't enough to get a real haul unless the Falcons are absolutely in love with someone and convinced a deal can't be had to get him any other way. I don't see them parting with much more than a third.

Given your scenario of a run on offensive tackles, unless Douglas has his receivers bunched up with similar grades on his boards, I'd rather he went with the guy he had the most belief and conviction in at 11 then move down just for the sake of a third rounder.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2020, 10:26:06 AM »
What could we get from the Falcons if we move down? The gap between 11 and 16 isn't enough to get a real haul unless the Falcons are absolutely in love with someone and convinced a deal can't be had to get him any other way. I don't see them parting with much more than a third.

Given your scenario of a run on offensive tackles, unless Douglas has his receivers bunched up with similar grades on his boards, I'd rather he went with the guy he had the most belief and conviction in at 11 then move down just for the sake of a third rounder.

it depends on the proposed haul and who we think will be available at 16. I don't have the draft chart in front of me, but you're probably right on the 3rd rounder being the compensation.  However, you and I both know that prices can go up...and we finally have a GM who's a little more savvy when it comes to making trades (ie compensation for Leonard Williams).

So if the proposed deal isn't sufficient, i trust Douglas to make the right call.  We'll see how desperate Atl is to move up if the rumor is true.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #609 on: April 15, 2020, 10:35:45 AM »
...and we finally have a GM who's a little more savvy when it comes to making trades

To be fair to Maccagnan, the one thing he was pretty good at was trading. Can't really think of one that wasn't a good deal for us.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #610 on: April 15, 2020, 10:37:14 AM »
To be fair to Maccagnan, the one thing he was pretty good at was trading. Can't really think of one that wasn't a good deal for us.

Kelechi Osemele

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #611 on: April 15, 2020, 10:39:40 AM »

Douglas fleeced the Giants on his first trade...i don't remember Duff fleecing anyone.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #612 on: April 15, 2020, 10:41:20 AM »
Kelechi Osemele

It was a 5th round pick for starting caliber talent. It didn't work out but it wasn't a bad trade.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #613 on: April 15, 2020, 10:42:05 AM »
Douglas fleeced the Giants on his first trade...i don't remember Duff fleecing anyone.

Pretty much every trade he made was good value for us. I don't really care about the other team - if it was win-win then I'm fine with that.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #614 on: April 15, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »
Pretty much every trade he made was good value for us. I don't really care about the other team - if it was win-win then I'm fine with that.

No