Author Topic: Draft Rumors  (Read 108661 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Draft Rumors
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
You would call this a strong class?

I believe you said this draft lacks first round talent.  That is not true at all.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 12:21:31 PM »
I think it makes more sense for Philly to try and keep foles out of the deal to get Mariota, and to try and get some picks back by trading him to a QB desperate team, like say buffalo.
But if Philly is desperate for Mariota, Foles plays a key role. It allows them to trade with QB needy teams.

For instance if the Jets don't get excrement in free agency at QB (Fitz doesn't get cut, and all the scrubs get wildly overpaid ALA McCown).

That would put great pressure from the fans and media for the Jets to draft a QB. And with guys like Idzik getting fired for such folleys (pressure of signing a big corner and failing to do so) it's something to think about.

But if the QB desperate Jets are able to acquire whatever bounty of picks, plus an average to above average stop-gap QB. It works.

Of course this really depends on how the Mariota projections go over the coming weeks, and how QB free agency plays out.

But I think Foles could offer Philly more value by holding onto him. Especially since without him they're basically fucked if they can't get Mariota.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:24:45 PM by dcm1602 »

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »

You would call this a strong class?

Not what you said, chief.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »
Not what you said, chief.

Now thats just semantics. Since when doesnt a weak class equate to a class that lacks top end talent? Im not sure how else one would describe it.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 02:14:34 PM »
Now thats just semantics. Since when doesnt a weak class equate to a class that lacks top end talent? Im not sure how else one would describe it.
Because there's a difference between a deep draft and a talented draft.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 02:25:32 PM »
dcm ftw (first time for everything)

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 02:27:28 PM »

To define a draft class as strong or weak, IMO, you have to compare it against another year and positions.

This draft class is slightly stronger than last year's, especially Round one talent later in the round. The best NFL ready QB is available since Andrew Luck. The talent at pass rusher is the best I've seen in years. Best crop of RBs in a long time with solid depth to the middle rounds. Strong class of O-lineman that will translate well to OG. WRs is a very strong group, compared to most years, last year's group was awesome.

Tight Ends are weak group, after the top 3 it's a huge drop off. CB class is weak at the top, but some good value in Day 2. Not a good year to get an elite OT.

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »

I don't know how to respond.

I guess if it's a deep draft of a pill of excrement, it wouldn't be talented??

Sir

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 02:42:12 PM »
To define a draft class as strong or weak, IMO, you have to compare it against another year and positions.

This draft class is slightly stronger than last year's, especially Round one talent later in the round. The best NFL ready QB is available since Andrew Luck. The talent at pass rusher is the best I've seen in years. Best crop of RBs in a long time with solid depth to the middle rounds. Strong class of O-lineman that will translate well to OG. WRs is a very strong group, compared to most years, last year's group was awesome.

Tight Ends are weak group, after the top 3 it's a huge drop off. CB class is weak at the top, but some good value in Day 2. Not a good year to get an elite OT.

Agree with most you said; although I think this is the weakest groups of O-linemen in recent years. 

On the topic at hand, I'd like to stay at 6, get an immediate impact, potential star WR/LB rather than risk taking my pick of the second tier guys around pick 20.

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »
Agree with most you said; although I think this is the weakest groups of O-linemen in recent years. 

On the topic at hand, I'd like to stay at 6, get an immediate impact, potential star WR/LB rather than risk taking my pick of the second tier guys around pick 20.

I agree it is a very weak class of OTs, one of the worst I've seen ever, but there are some good players that will be solid OGs in the NFL, making the move from OT in College.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 10:25:40 AM »
This class lacks first round talent? Since when?

Rotoworld_Draft: Schneider: SEA only has 16 first-round grades http://t.co/nUan6Nke5m

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »
Rotoworld_Draft: Schneider: SEA only has 16 first-round grades http://t.co/nUan6Nke5m

Pretty big coincidence that the guy without a first round pick is saying this...

Also:

16 might sound like a small number, but teams typically have around 20 prospects labeled as first round talents due to scheme and "culture" fits.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 10:34:16 AM »
Pretty big coincidence that the guy without a first round pick is saying this...

Also:

If he only had 16 first round grades, thats probably why he traded it for Graham... knowing he'd likely never get a shot at any of those players with the 31st pick.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 10:35:40 AM »
If he only had 16 first round grades, thats probably why he traded it for Graham... knowing he'd likely never get a shot at any of those players with the 31st pick.

He traded for Graham because he's an elite player.  The best tight end in the game.

I'm almost positive one of his top 16 would be there at 31.  Scheme fit and team fit are huge factors.