Author Topic: Draft Rumors  (Read 109714 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Draft Rumors
« Reply #1140 on: January 07, 2024, 05:42:24 PM »
We do not need a center.  Let Tippmann develop.

I think he can play any of the interior positions at a high level. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1141 on: January 07, 2024, 07:39:20 PM »
One lineman isn't going to fix the line but I'd still go with Alt/Fash.   

However, the one nice thing about having only 1.5 decent linemen is that if we do trade back, we can just take the best lineman, period.  Guard, right tackle, center... just bring him in. 
Agreed. And the 2 starters we have can play multiple positions, so we can be a little position agnostic and just take the best available lineman for one spot. The other needs to be able to play tackle.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1143 on: April 23, 2024, 04:47:52 AM »
https://x.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1782372139758227848

Surprised this one wasn’t getting much buzz given its Jets related and from the Marvel man himself.

As I’ve been saying for weeks, go get Marvin Harrison Jr. all we need is Minny to get Zona to move off of four…
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1144 on: April 23, 2024, 05:20:54 AM »
https://x.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1782372139758227848

Surprised this one wasn’t getting much buzz given its Jets related and from the Marvel man himself.

As I’ve been saying for weeks, go get Marvin Harrison Jr. all we need is Minny to get Zona to move off of four…

I think the Chargers would gladly take Harrison themselves there.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1145 on: April 23, 2024, 08:26:36 PM »
I think the Chargers would gladly take Harrison themselves there.

It’s all predicated on Harbaugh wanting an OL and deciding it’s better value to trade back and get assets than take a RT at 5. They have to be willing to move, but the Jets also have to be willing to pay as well.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1146 on: April 24, 2024, 08:48:35 AM »
interesting tidbit from Fowler/Graziano's article this morning

Chargers looking to trade?

Fowler: While the Cardinals at No. 4 can effectively serve as the draft's pivot point for a trade, teams I've spoken to believe the Chargers are eager to trade back at No. 5, too. "The Chargers have made that clear -- they want to move back," an NFL executive said. "They probably want an [offensive] tackle."

One thing to keep in mind: New Chargers GM Joe Hortiz has a long-standing relationship with Jets GM Joe Douglas from their days together in Baltimore. And Douglas, who picks 10th overall, has proven a willing trade partner, though the Jets aren't hunting for a quarterback and might be less inclined to move. The Cardinals and Chargers both need receiver help big-time, and if Arizona stays put, most teams I've talked to believe Ohio State's Marvin Harrison Jr. would be the favorite there.

On a separate note, teams really are split on Harrison vs. LSU's Malik Nabers for WR1. It's all about preference: Harrison's polish vs. Nabers' explosion. Washington's Rome Odunze is considered such a pro-ready prospect that he's right there with them, at least as a 2B option.

i forgot that LA Chargers' new GM has a connection with Joe Douglas....hmmm.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1147 on: April 24, 2024, 08:58:35 AM »
interesting tidbit from Fowler/Graziano's article this morning

i forgot that LA Chargers' new GM has a connection with Joe Douglas....hmmm.

Maserati Marv SZN
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1148 on: April 24, 2024, 09:07:46 AM »
Maserati Marv SZN

i didn't lend any hope to an actual trade up to 5 at all....but now there's a sliver of a chance.  We'll see.

LA will want a truckload of a haul, so i'm sure that will end the convo pretty quickly.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1149 on: April 24, 2024, 09:10:27 AM »
I would give up 10 and next year's first for Marv.  The best wideout prospect since Megatron.  He is right there with Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and AJ Green. 

Those ranking Nabers above him are just trying to be contrarians. 

Go all in.  We've had high picks for the past decade and we haven't moved an inch. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1150 on: April 24, 2024, 09:19:41 AM »
I would give up 10 and next year's first for Marv.  The best wideout prospect since Megatron.  He is right there with Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and AJ Green. 

Those ranking Nabers above him are just trying to be contrarians. 

Go all in.  We've had high picks for the past decade and we haven't moved an inch. 

they'll get more from some other team....10 and next year's 1st isn't enough imo. We'll be competing with teams looking to trade up for QBs (and will be willing to give up more)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1151 on: April 24, 2024, 09:21:19 AM »
Graziano is saying the Bengals are in love with JC Latham and are a threat to trade up to get him.  That would be a good fit for us to trade back with.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1152 on: April 24, 2024, 09:24:12 AM »
they'll get more from some other team....10 and next year's 1st isn't enough imo. We'll be competing with teams looking to trade up for QBs (and will be willing to give up more)

depends on what happens with the Top 4 - the QBs could be off the board by #5

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1153 on: April 24, 2024, 09:27:41 AM »
depends on what happens with the Top 4 - the QBs could be off the board by #5

there are a few teams behind us that could get desperate and trade up for Nix/Penix (i would die if we needed a QB and did this for these 2 guys) to #5.

Raiders, Steelers, Seahawks have all shown interest in Penix. I don't think Denver has the draft capital to do it.

Tomorrow night is going to be wild.  This is why i wanted to tank for a better pick...imagine the haul we'd be getting if we were sitting somewhere between 3 to 6.  This was the year to tank.

EDIT: some dumbshit franchise is gonna part with like 3 first rounders to move up for a QB not named Daniels, Williams or Maye....we should've been the benefactors of this potential fleecing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 09:30:57 AM by MBGreen »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1154 on: April 24, 2024, 09:32:48 AM »
watching the Patriots fleece the excrement out of Minnesota in a potential trade up to 3 is going to be dildos.