Author Topic: Draft Rumors  (Read 109493 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Draft Rumors
« Reply #1125 on: April 28, 2022, 11:14:36 PM »
Charlie Campbell is saying that we're targeting Breece Hall in the 2nd round. I hope so

MBGreen approved
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1127 on: January 02, 2024, 11:16:31 AM »
Charlie Campbell is saying that we're targeting Breece Hall in the 2nd round. I hope so

Chuckkkk
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1128 on: January 02, 2024, 05:34:03 PM »
https://x.com/jfowlerespn/status/1742230932546036054?s=46&t=e6vm1ybQ4I7pEpNpNEkBkg

Not really much different than what we had to decide with Sam vs Zach.

If Fields value as a QB on his rookie deal is a day 2 pick, that tells you everything you need to know about how much the league thinks he can be an elite talent. You take the top pick and get what you can for Fields. It’s not even a debate for me. Unless they think Caleb Williams isn’t the guy based on some off-field stuff, then you move the pick for the ransom someone is willing to pay
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1129 on: January 07, 2024, 11:13:45 AM »
Say the Jets by luck end up in a position to draft one of the top 2 OT, but there is a QB some other team is willing to move up for and give us a good haul (for argument, let's say a 2nd this year and a 1st next year), but will take us to the back of the first round (somewhere 25 or later).  Would you give up the tackle for the haul, maybe still able to get a good guard, or do you take the tackle and not look back?

I know no one that late needs a QB, but weird excrement happens with 3 way trades and stuff, humor me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 11:16:47 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1130 on: January 07, 2024, 11:22:44 AM »
Say the Jets by luck end up in a position to draft one of the top 2 OT, but there is a QB some other team is willing to move up for and give us a good haul (for argument, let's say a 2nd this year and a 1st next year), but will take us to the back of the first round (somewhere 25 or later).  Would you give up the tackle for the haul, maybe still able to get a good guard, or do you take the tackle and not look back?

I know no one that late needs a QB, but weird excrement happens with 3 way trades and stuff, humor me.
Depends on the haul

Hard to say no to an overpay
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1131 on: January 07, 2024, 11:56:52 AM »
Depends on the haul

Hard to say no to an overpay

I told you the haul

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1132 on: January 07, 2024, 12:12:14 PM »
I told you the haul
Well...I didn't read the whole post.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1133 on: January 07, 2024, 12:15:40 PM »
Well...I didn't read the whole post.

Fair, I don't blame you.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1134 on: January 07, 2024, 12:17:02 PM »
I am always in favor of trading down. More picks is more chances to get one right. Until this team proves it can make effective picks every time, I want more opportunities.

This'll all be moot because our 40 yo GM is going to trade for his buddy in Vegas.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1135 on: January 07, 2024, 01:03:12 PM »
I am always in favor of trading down. More picks is more chances to get one right. Until this team proves it can make effective picks every time, I want more opportunities.

This'll all be moot because our 40 yo GM is going to trade for his buddy in Vegas.
Generally agree with this. If there's a chance to trade down, I would almost always take it. Especially when we don't have a 2nd-round pick.

That's also one of the other benefits of the higher pick. As much as I want Alt or Fashanu, I would love Amarius Mims and Xavier Worthy just as much.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1136 on: January 07, 2024, 01:05:25 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1137 on: January 07, 2024, 01:35:47 PM »
Why?
I haven't really dove into the draft prospects, so I picked a WR who is probably there in the 2nd round who could help us. Insert whichever receiver you want there - I don't care if it's Worthy or someone else. I'll start doing more draft research closer to the draft.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1138 on: January 07, 2024, 05:05:31 PM »

One lineman isn't going to fix the line but I'd still go with Alt/Fash.   

However, the one nice thing about having only 1.5 decent linemen is that if we do trade back, we can just take the best lineman, period.  Guard, right tackle, center... just bring him in. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1139 on: January 07, 2024, 05:08:07 PM »
We do not need a center.  Let Tippmann develop.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away