Author Topic: Draft Rumors  (Read 109541 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Draft Rumors
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:55:21 AM »
Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports the Titans and Jaguars have "lots of interest" in Missouri OLB Shane Ray.

Tennessee and Jacksonville hold the Nos. 2 and 3 overall picks in the draft, respectively. Ray's "buzz" hasn't been as high the past week because he didn't participate at the Combine due to a foot injury. But most view him as a locked-in top-10 overall pick who may not get past the Falcons at No. 8. We've seen him projected as high as No. 3 to the Jaguars. Both the Titans and Jaguars could use some youth and/or pass-rush juice off the edge. Ray stands in at 6'3/245.

do itttt
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Draft Rumors
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:16:09 AM »
Draft Fact:  Tony Pauline gargles balls
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
Draft Rumor: Heismanberg wishes they were his balls.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
According to Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski, "evidence continues to build" that the Eagles plan to trade up for Oregon QB Marcus

We've followed Kempski's work for years and can't ever remember him being wrong. Most notably, he called the DeSean Jackson release well in advance. Kempski acknowledges he previously believed Philly moving up for Mariota was "unrealistic," but now "it appears the Eagles are determined to get their guy." Moving up from No. 20 into the top-two picks would likely cost Philadelphia most of its 2015 draft class, in addition to a 2016 first-round pick.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 01:14:02 PM »
According to Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski, "evidence continues to build" that the Eagles plan to trade up for Oregon QB Marcus

We've followed Kempski's work for years and can't ever remember him being wrong. Most notably, he called the DeSean Jackson release well in advance. Kempski acknowledges he previously believed Philly moving up for Mariota was "unrealistic," but now "it appears the Eagles are determined to get their guy." Moving up from No. 20 into the top-two picks would likely cost Philadelphia most of its 2015 draft class, in addition to a 2016 first-round pick.

haven't seen the Ditka done in awhile.  We're due for one.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »
haven't seen the Ditka done in awhile.  We're due for one.

if the RG3 trade involved 3 1st rounders, I would be asking for that to start. that was only to move from 6 to 2.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 03:49:39 PM »
Btw the Rams made out like bandits in that RG3 deal but it's not like they're any better now as a result.
"Wrong!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 03:56:04 PM »
Btw the Rams made out like bandits in that RG3 deal but it's not like they're any better now as a result.
Yes they are
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:31:04 PM »
if the RG3 trade involved 3 1st rounders, I would be asking for that to start. that was only to move from 6 to 2.

In a class that lacks 1st round talent, getting someone to trade down to 20 in a weak class can only drive up the asking price.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 06:03:12 AM »
I kind of want to stay at 6 at this point unless we are only talking about moving down a few spots.

We are lucky (or unlucky) enough to have a blue chip pick this year.  The Eagles would need to give a hell of a haul to make me move all the way down to 20.  With Chip Kelly there, it isn't likely that any future #1 picks will be that high anyway. 

I'd much rather trade down with Cleveland if anyone.  They suck every year.  Maybe we can get another high first rounder from them next year after they finish last in the AFC north this year.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:14:27 AM by bojanglesman »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 06:46:48 AM »
I kind of want to stay at 6 at this point unless we are only talking about moving down a few spots.

We are lucky (or unlucky) enough to have a blue chip pick this year.  The Eagles would need to give a hell of a haul to make me move all the way down to 20.  With Chip Kelly there, it isn't likely that any future #1 picks will be that high anyway. 

I'd much rather trade down with Cleveland if anyone.  They suck every year.  Maybe we can get another high first rounder from them next year after they finish last in the AFC north this year.

Well that's what the Redskins thought when they grabbed RGIII and won the division with him as a rookie. Extra first rounders are extra first rounders. More importantly they are excellent ammo to try and move up for a QB assuming we still need one next year. If we aren't taking Mariota or Winston, it's pretty damn likely we still need somebody, two first rounders is excellent ammo to go get our guy, whomever that may be
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »
I still have to say doing the ditka with Philly and getting Foles seems like best case scenario to me

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 07:12:13 AM »

In a class that lacks 1st round talent, getting someone to trade down to 20 in a weak class can only drive up the asking price.

This class lacks first round talent? Since when?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 11:56:48 AM »
I still have to say doing the ditka with Philly and getting Foles seems like best case scenario to me

I think it makes more sense for Philly to try and keep foles out of the deal to get Mariota, and to try and get some picks back by trading him to a QB desperate team, like say buffalo.
Need a new one for a new board...

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 12:08:14 PM »
This class lacks first round talent? Since when?

You would call this a strong class?