Author Topic: lolJags  (Read 42273 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: lolJags
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2020, 09:53:47 AM »
Rapsheet: A surprise in Jacksonville: The #Jaguars are moving on from offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. After a season that saw him help develop rookie Gardner Minshew, DeFilippo is out and Jax will hire a new OC.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2020, 10:18:30 AM »
Rapsheet: A surprise in Jacksonville: The #Jaguars are moving on from offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. After a season that saw him help develop rookie Gardner Minshew, DeFilippo is out and Jax will hire a new OC.

This guy is constantly getting shitcanned.

Considering how well Wentz played under his tutelage, you wonder if he's Groh's replacement in Philly.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2020, 07:23:20 AM »
Jags will franchise tag Yannick

Per schefter
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2020, 08:21:36 AM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2020, 05:37:32 PM »
Wise.

I wish we would tag Robbie. Transition tag him anyways. I'm not sure why that's not an option for us. Probably because I don't know enough about it.
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »
Wise.

I wish we would tag Robbie. Transition tag him anyways. I'm not sure why that's not an option for us. Probably because I don't know enough about it.

If this article is correct:

https://www.si.com/.amp-nygiants/nfl/giants/news/why-the-giants-should-use-the-transition-tag-on-leonard-williams

.....if the Jets transition tag Anderson and he ultimately doesn't sign with the Jets, they not only don't get any compensation like a franchise tagged player would, they also aren't entitled to a compensatory pick the following year like they would be if they just let him go to free agency. 

If they just let him hit free agency, yes they may have to pay more overall to sign him, but they could backload the deal to make it easier to sign other players this year. Or they could just go full retard on offensive linemen and decide they don't have the cash to keep him, then possibly get a compensatory pick in 2021.  Once he's transition tagged, it raises the stakes and limits flexibility.

The other issue may be that once he's transition (or franchise) tagged, his entire contract $ goes on this year's cap immediately.  It would limit flexibility and decision making elsewhere in free agency.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 06:24:52 PM by bojanglesman »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2020, 06:45:21 PM »
Thanks Bo.

Sounds like the transition tag is mostly useless you are absolutely getting him signed and just need a few more days to work out a deal

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2020, 06:47:36 PM »
Thanks Bo.

Sounds like the transition tag is mostly useless you are absolutely getting him signed and just need a few more days to work out a deal
I think so.  There's a reason it isn't done much.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:10 AM »
Doesn't look like Ngakoue has any intention of signing his tag to play for the Jags.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/status/1244978519282720769
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2020, 10:46:14 AM »
Doesn't look like Ngakoue has any intention of signing his tag to play for the Jags.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/status/1244978519282720769

Damn man, must be really hard taking care of your family with that $19M franchise tag salary Jacksonville offered you
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2020, 11:12:17 AM »
Damn man, must be really hard taking care of your family with that $19M franchise tag salary Jacksonville offered you

If he can convince the Jags to ship him out for a minimum price, Jets would and should take the guy in a heartbeat.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2020, 12:05:03 PM »
latrell spreewell was also just trying to feed his family on 11m a year. must be hard

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2020, 12:08:51 PM »
latrell spreewell was also just trying to feed his family on 11m a year. must be hard

20+ mill
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2020, 01:40:29 PM »
I lose any sympathy when they talk about providing for their family on a yearly salary that a heavy majority of people will never make in their lifetime.

I bet he makes it rain on hoes at the strip club to provide for their families too

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »
That comment is the one time I don't take the players' sides.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: