Author Topic: Manish: Potential of Jets/Eagles draft trade  (Read 28748 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Manish: Potential of Jets/Eagles draft trade
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 06:45:26 AM »
Apparently Manish isn't the only one talking about a Jets/Eagles trade. The Philadelphia sun reporting they expect Philly to trade 4 draft picks (2015 and 2016 1st and 2nd round picks) if Mariota is still on the clock at 6.

http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/phi-sports/philadelphia-eagles/7/96/78622/report-eagles-trade-four-draft-picks-jets-mariota/
Need a new one for a new board...

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »
Apparently Manish isn't the only one talking about a Jets/Eagles trade. The Philadelphia sun reporting they expect Philly to trade 4 draft picks (2015 and 2016 1st and 2nd round picks) if Mariota is still on the clock at 6.

http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/phi-sports/philadelphia-eagles/7/96/78622/report-eagles-trade-four-draft-picks-jets-mariota/

Dunno if I'd even do that trade.

We're finally in a spot to get an elite wr/ol/OLB Prospect

but might be hard for duff to pass on that though.

Guess how we do in free agency would be the deciding factor on how I'd feel about that

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 07:29:08 AM »

Guess how we do in free agency would be the deciding factor on how I'd feel about that

It would be a crazy thing to have 7 (math fail) first and second round picks over the next two years. That's a lot of cheap, skilled players, and you can probably earmark like three of those picks for OL.

The scary part about the deal is that we have no idea about Mac's draft style. If he had a track record of success then I'd be all about the trade down because I'd trust he could make it work. If it we knew he had a spotty record I'd rather stay knowing the pick almost had to be one of the WRs or Fowler.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:37:32 AM by Cane »

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »

It would be a crazy thing to have 8 first and second round picks over the next two years. That's a lot of cheap, skilled players, and you can probably earmark like three of those picks for OL.

The scary part about the deal is that we have no idea about Mac's draft style. If he had a track record of success then I'd be all about the trade down because I'd trust he could make it work. If it we knew he had a spotty record I'd rather stay knowing the pick almost had to be one of the WRs or Fowler.

It's hard to even consider a trade before free agency.  If we have success and add several pieces in free agency, it will open up a lot more options.  We could try and go the other way, if we fill significant holes during free agency. 

FTR, I hate trading up, but there is a place for it in this league. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 09:23:05 AM »
If you can get that return you're crazy not to do it. If the Jets really want someone they can in turn package those picks maybe save one.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 09:31:46 AM »
No one is going to trade with us to move up for a qb

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 09:47:02 AM »
I still think Foles is the key to the Jets/Eagles trade.

It's the only way it makes sense (a QB needy team trading out for a team to draft a top QB prospect )

Foles is a lot better than all the other stop gap options, plus he's young enough that  he could still be around for 10 years.

And if we are going for a true rebuild, the picks are important. Helps us move on from Brick and Mangold in the near future and completely rebuild the offensive line. Yeah we won't be seeing elite receiver prospects with where those picks will be, but we could surely see elite guard/center/right tackles at those spots.

I'd hate to draft Mariota and have him get shell shocked pretty damn quickly
CB
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:51:25 AM by dcm1602 »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 09:52:55 AM »
I still think Foles is the key to the Jets/Eagles trade.

It's the only way it makes sense (a QB needy team trading out for a team to draft a top QB prospect )

Foles is a lot better than all the other stop gap options, plus he's young enough that  he could still be around for 10 years.

And if we are going for a true rebuild, the picks are important. Helps us move on from Brick and Mangold in the near future and completely rebuild the offensive line. Yeah we won't be seeing elite receiver prospects with where those picks will be, but we could surely see elite guard/center/right tackles at those spots.

I'd hate to draft Mariota and have him get shell shocked pretty damn quickly
CB

Foles isn't very good
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »
Foles isn't very good
I'm not talking about him being a franchise QB, a savior of sorts.

But I am under the belief that he won't be Sanchez or Geno Smith. Someone so unbearably terrible that it makes you pray for a top 30 QB.

If Foles can be a top 25 ,maybe even top 20 QB we can focus our drafts on rebuilding the rest of the roster for a few years.

Instead of answering the question every year of who the freak is going to start at QB. It sure beats rotating Geno Smith, McCown, Fitzpatrick and whoever else in and out as their careers dwindle.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
I'm not talking about him being a franchise QB, a savior of sorts.

But I am under the belief that he won't be Sanchez or Geno Smith. Someone so unbearably terrible that it makes you pray for a top 30 QB.

If Foles can be a top 25 ,maybe even top 20 QB we can focus our drafts on rebuilding the rest of the roster for a few years.

Instead of answering the question every year of who the freak is going to start at QB. It sure beats rotating Geno Smith, McCown, Fitzpatrick and whoever else in and out as their careers dwindle.

Foles is a JAG that's surrounded by upper tier talent at the skilled positions. Calm your funbags.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 10:04:11 AM »
Foles is a JAG that's surrounded by upper tier talent at the skilled positions. Calm your funbags.
Yes but what's the alternative is my point?

Foles might be a JAG but Geno McCown and whatever other misfit children out there are all far worse.

I think Foles is good enough to the point that you wouldn't need to be desperate for a QB with him around. Which is the only reason I think the Jets would consider this trade.

Otherwise what would we do at QB?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 10:05:29 AM »
Is there really a significant cost difference in moving to the #5 pick vs. the #6 pick?  Maybe an extra 4th rounder or so?  If you are going to move up from the twenties to top 5, what does an extra 4th matter?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:07:31 AM by bojanglesman »

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 10:06:38 AM »
Foles is a must get in that trade unless it's at the cost of a premium pick.  He's big with a good arm and could be solid for us in the short term.  He'll never be a great QB, but he can win games.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
Yes but what's the alternative is my point?

Foles might be a JAG but Geno McCown and whatever other misfit children out there are all far worse.

I think Foles is good enough to the point that you wouldn't need to be desperate for a QB with him around. Which is the only reason I think the Jets would consider this trade.

Otherwise what would we do at QB?

I don't know what the alternative is yet...it's February.  But if i had to pick someone as a stopgap right now, i'd pick Fitzpatrick because he's had success under Chan Gailey.

No, Foles isn't good enough.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »
I don't know what the alternative is yet...it's February.  But if i had to pick someone as a stopgap right now, i'd pick Fitzpatrick because he's had success under Chan Gailey.

No, Foles isn't good enough.
Fitzpatrick isn't available at this time.

And he might not get cut at all