Author Topic: The Obituary Column  (Read 207506 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: The Obituary Column
« Reply #1680 on: October 18, 2021, 04:12:27 PM »
Powell was an actual villain of history.

I actually agree with this.

Lol

I'm sorry you don't understand logic.

EDIT: FTR Cain died because he didn't believe in wearing masks, felt it necessary to spread misinformation about it and paid the price.

Thats a little more severe than being just irresponsible and risky.

I'm actually genuinely sorry you feel the need to revel in people's deaths because you don't agree with their individual medical decisions.
To finish the AIDS victim analogy with Cain: if the AIDS victim carried on freaking people without a rubber while refusing to accept that there was any chance he might have and be spreading AIDS, then I would definitely be far less sympathetic to his death.

I'm sorry, did Herman Cain infect anyone that you know of?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1681 on: October 18, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »
I actually agree with this.

I'm actually genuinely sorry you feel the need to revel in people's deaths because you don't agree with their individual medical decisions.
I'm not reveling in anything...merely stated a fact.

Don't feel sorry for me, I'll be fine. I hope covid wipes out more antivaxxers/anti-maskers... then maybe this pandemic will end.  They're the reason the pandemic  is still a threat.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1682 on: October 18, 2021, 07:10:39 PM »

No idea. It seems distinctly possible, but I have no way of knowing. It's not really relevant though, people who show a wanton lack of respect for others' health and lives when a very simple solution like a rubber or a mask is available deserve very little sympathy when the same recklessness and disregard costs them theirs.

There's a reason he has an award named after him. He's a poster child for covidiocy, and while I didn't revel in his passing I think he's posthumously providing far more value and public service than he ever did when he was alive.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1683 on: October 18, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »
"Should've vaxxed-up Cain while you were Able"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1684 on: October 18, 2021, 09:16:08 PM »
Let's not lose sight of what we should be discussing: Powell's role in covering up the My Lai massacre

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1685 on: October 19, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »

He was not, in fact, a good guy. You cannot have fabricated evidence to start the Iraq War and maintain "good guy" status.

I don't believe he fabricated evidence.  I believe he presented information that was false without knowing it.  He believed the CIA information from sources that presented it to him and it turned out to be incorrect information from bad sources.  He could have shat all over Tenet for it but he didn't.  He admitted it was a stain on his reputation and took responsibility for it.  He messed up and it led to a world of hurt, but I don't think he did any of it on purpose.  A villain would have known it was bullshit and done it anyway.  You probably believe that he knew it was bullshit and that's where we don't agree. 

Good people mess up sometimes, but they aren't always in high positions where it has so many consequences.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 10:55:00 AM by bojanglesman »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1686 on: October 19, 2021, 12:07:21 PM »
I don't believe he fabricated evidence.  I believe he presented information that was false without knowing it.  He believed the CIA information from sources that presented it to him and it turned out to be incorrect information from bad sources.  He could have shat all over Tenet for it but he didn't.  He admitted it was a stain on his reputation and took responsibility for it.  He messed up and it led to a world of hurt, but I don't think he did any of it on purpose.  A villain would have known it was bullshit and done it anyway.  You probably believe that he knew it was bullshit and that's where we don't agree. 

Good people mess up sometimes, but they aren't always in high positions where it has so many consequences.

I'm not saying your right or wrong, or trying to invalidate your thoughts in any way.

At what point does it become crystal clear that our intelligence agencies are filled with absolute freaking unelected psychos who think it's their job to steward the country in whatever way they see fit and are beholden to absolutely no one?

I believe the previous President had a phrase for it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1687 on: October 19, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »

I believe the previous President had a phrase for it.

"Great people"?
All kidding aside, I might be wrong, but I don't believe he was a bad person. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1688 on: October 19, 2021, 01:48:13 PM »

How many times does he have to do something like that before it's on him? He was absolutely a bad person. He was just polite about it.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1689 on: October 19, 2021, 02:02:39 PM »
How many times does he have to do something like that before it's on him? He was absolutely a bad person. He was just polite about it.

Colon Powell
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1690 on: October 19, 2021, 02:19:18 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1691 on: October 19, 2021, 02:22:28 PM »
Best case scenario, the Bush administration used his reputation as a respectable statesman both domestically and internationally to play him for a fool on the world stage.

He can regret doing it, he can apologize, he can take responsibility for it, but at some point his actions led to the death of millions of Iraqis and thousands of Americans. He's not the worst person involved in kicking off OIF, but he's also not innocent.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1692 on: October 19, 2021, 02:25:40 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1693 on: October 19, 2021, 02:28:37 PM »
He'll go after literally anyone who disagreed with him.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1694 on: October 19, 2021, 02:33:25 PM »
Trumps a freaking scumbag

Tags: